Movies: 2 Mission Impossible Sequels Announced for Summers of 2021 & 2022

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Sounds great to me.

This series is the spy/espionage/action series James Bond wishes it could be.

Reactions: shello

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
I know some people don’t particularly like Cruise but for me if he’s in a movie it’s not going to entertain in the least.

He’s great in that role and the series keeps getting better

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
one of those movie series that has just consistently been really entertaining, so yeah im on board

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa
I guess that means Cruise and Co. can't book a busy Emily Blunt for that sequel to Edge of Tomorrow they have wanted to do for a time now, if he has decided to do these two major projects back to back. It's great for the M.I. franchise but disappointing in a way for Edge of Tomorrow fans.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I know some people don’t particularly like Cruise but for me if he’s in a movie it’s not going to entertain in the least.

He’s great in that role and the series keeps getting better

You obviously haven't seen The Mummy

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I guess that means Cruise and Co. can't book a busy Emily Blunt for that sequel to Edge of Tomorrow they have wanted to do for a time now, if he has decided to do these two major projects back to back. It's great for the M.I. franchise but disappointing in a way for Edge of Tomorrow fans.

What exactly would be sequel?

Aliens were defeated at end ,, To bring on more aliens in another invasion would be potentially terrible movie ala Independence Day 2

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Have trouble liking anything Cruise or Michael Peña are in because of the Scientology thing.

Reactions: kevinsane

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa
What exactly would be sequel?

Aliens were defeated at end ,, To bring on more aliens in another invasion would be potentially terrible movie ala Independence Day 2
I read somewhere that the premise of the sequel would be that the Alien went back in time when it was defeated (or died), much like what happened to Cruise's character many times. It has been stealthily plotting it's comeback with a new success strategy. Seems to me the plot in this actually lends itself well to countless sequels, over and over again; the last issue with this storyline is defeat or death in real time. I understand they are on their second script, the first got a huge overhaul. Both Cruise and Blunt said they want to do it, Cruise is more keen I think, Blunt has been putting it off because of prior engagements. I will defer any judgments about this being a potential bad sequel until I see it.

Last edited:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
The latest one was great, makes me all the more happy to see this news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->