2 Major Stars Leaving ROH

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from today's pwinsider.com:

Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis have finished up with Ring of Honor as of yesterday's TV Taping. The pair and ROH were not able to come to terms on a new deal.

Kanellis and Bennett's departure was not really a surprise and their exit had been expected internally within ROH for some time. There were signs dating back at least 4-6 weeks that ROH and the couple were not on the same page after Kanellis wrote on Twitter that ROH was advertising her for dates after her contract was done.

With their departure from ROH, it also likely means that the pair are done with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

While there have been reports floating around Bennett's partner Matt Taven was also done this weekend, those would be incorrect as he is signed with ROH through March or Apil 2016 we are told.

Kanellis and Bennett, when saying their goodbyes, told several different people we heard from that they were TNA-bound and would start with the promotion in January.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
So they want to commit career suicide? Let them. Anybody dumb enough to work for TNA these days gets what comes to them because they should have done their homework about the company's reputation of not paying employees on time and promising things that don't come true.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's also a problem of RoH having no money. They've just spent their entire talent budget on the Young Bucks, so a bunch people are going to have to go. (And no one else is going to be happy as no one is getting anything close to them, nor are raises being given out).

And for the bad (well, terrible) press that TNA gets, they do actually give their workers a consistent pay cheque whilst still allowing indy dates. It's a good deal. It does raise their profile as TNA still the biggest non-WWE name in america. And it's not really career suicide at all. You talk as if people who work for TNA are pariahs, which is far from the truth. The only people who hold it against them is the WWE, and even then they've used plenty of TNA guys over time.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
You know what I mean.

People make it sound like they never ever get paid, and are forced to work as slaves. Except they did get paid (even if late that time), and they were even paid for their India trip they never had to do due to venue issues.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
That sucks. I thought the Kingdom were pretty good together. They weren't everyones cup of tea but I didn't mind them.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I liked The Kingdom too, though I don't know what the latest is on Taven's injury but it sounds like he might be out for a bit anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad