2 in top 10, 3 in top 20 rookie scoring

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
In my opinion this is pretty remarkable, the Rangers have a couple but no other team is close. I love it when young players kick down the door for spots. I think it's clear that the Sens didn't expect all of them to stick, thus the full compliment of contracts, but they are.

It's a great problem to have. Now to watch them grow and develop.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
In my opinion this is pretty remarkable, the Rangers have a couple but no other team is close. I love it when young players kick down the door for spots. I think it's clear that the Sens didn't expect all of them to stick, thus the full compliment of contracts, but they are.

It's a great problem to have. Now to watch them grow and develop.

Well, don't keep us in suspense, who are these top rookies? Hoffman is one, I think. Who else?

BigBush*

It's awesome because these guys are earning their points and aren't a product of their line mates (well maybe Lazar). Hoffman and Stone are cementing themselves as legitimate top 6 wingers.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Our most consistent young player this season has been Ceci, and he wont show up on lists like this. Lehner has been a touch more spotty at times, but in general he has been brilliant as well.

This team has definitely embraced a youth movement. It is fun to watch now, and if the core stays together they will be lights out in about 3 years or so.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Really? You post a thread title like that and don't offer any sort of list?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Rookie scoring leaders are always a combination of talent and opportunity.

We have a lot of spots free in our line-up and some decent looks at icetime compared to other teams.

I'm not sure what it says about our comparative prospect pool but it's nice to see our young guys contributing.

Karlsson2Turris*

Being in the top 20 in rookie scoring isn't all that impressive

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Our most consistent young player this season has been Ceci, and he wont show up on lists like this. Lehner has been a touch more spotty at times, but in general he has been brilliant as well.

This team has definitely embraced a youth movement. It is fun to watch now, and if the core stays together they will be lights out in about 3 years or so.

We need just 1 more elite young player, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad