Post-Game Talk: #2: FLYERS 4 vs. Devils 0, Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Ghost/G had a 1:30ish shift on the PP in the second so they probably missed a shift somewhere after that.

To be clear, I'm not complaining. I just enjoy examining deployment further than TOI.

They did have that big PP Shift, then Gostisbehere made his next normal Shift. Because of the Penalties, he then went 4 Minutes after the PP ended without a Shift, took one, and went 3+ to end the period without one again. They really didn't ease him out of the game after going up 3. How much of that was the big bursts of PK time, I couldn't tell you. It's something that interests me though.

Where do you find this info?

You can dig through the NHL.com Shift Charts for each individual game if you hate yourself or you can just go to ShiftChart - Hockey Shift Data Visualization

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
To be clear, I'm not complaining. I just enjoy examining deployment further than TOI.

They did have that big PP Shift, then Gostisbehere made his next normal Shift. Because of the Penalties, he then went 4 Minutes without a Shift, took one, and went 3+ to end the period without one again. They really didn't ease him out of the game after going up 3. How much of that was the big bursts of PK time, I couldn't tell you. It's something that interests me though.

You can dig through the NHL.com Shift Charts for each individual game if you hate yourself or you can just go to ShiftChart - Hockey Shift Data Visualization

I actually want Ghost to get regular PK time.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
so...as someone who worked..how'd they look in a 4-0 win

1-0 lead and down 2-men on a nearly 2-minute kill. An inspiring team effort unfolded. A bonding experience. A terrific save by Hart, one for the highlight shows. An appreciative crowd which by many indications was the loudest in a large span of time. It was still 1-0 as the third period opened -- most of us felt it should have been a multiple-goal lead -- failed to finish some chances, but then the flood gates opened with two quick strikes. Hart was composed and confident, Special teams were exceptional.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
This is clearly biased/revisionist but in the past, when the Flyers came out flat and recovered, it always felt as if someone like G or Voracek would step up and say "eff this shit" and carry the team making individual plays. Don't know if there was a tangible change after intermission, but this game felt like the ship was completely righted and they systematically destroyed the Devils.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
so...as someone who worked..how'd they look in a 4-0 win

1st period was sloppy.

Then we ripped our their hearts, set them on fire, and lowered them into a molten pit.

giphy-6.gif

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
This is clearly biased/revisionist but in the past, when the Flyers came out flat and recovered, it always felt as if someone like G or Voracek would step up and say "eff this ****" and carry the team making individual plays. Don't know if there was a tangible change after intermission, but this game felt like the ship was completely righted and they systematically destroyed the Devils.
It makes the most sense to chalk it up to rust. Once it was out of their system, (the next explanation that makes the most sense: ) they proceeded to do what AV tells them to do.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
only managed to watch most of the 3rd period but I was overall happy with the effort. Perhaps this place mid season might not be so doom and gloom like years past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->