GDT: #2 | Canucks @ Oilers Round 2 | "Toast" | Jan 14, 7 PM | SN1/SNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Anyone else think Barrie looked really iffy on the PP? Like he's not actually quarterbacking anything but just trying to set up McDrai?

Hopefully he gets some swagger and isn't just there to find those two everytime. He wanted to wind up and uncork it a few times but never really did.

Thought he was fine. Did exactly what was to be expected. He had some some what tough keep ins, he was in the right position, moved the puck, got puck on net when he did shoot, and in general I don’t know if we want him to be the QB with some much other talent on the PP.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Almost forgot.

Used to be when Vancouver beat us, we all thought it was fluke.

Then, I thought, they must just have our number.

But after last night, I'm starting to think maybe they're simply a better team than us. We have the best player, but they look pretty good overall.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Yamo should be on the first pp in Chiasson's spot. It's not like Chiasson is standing in front of the net and screening the goalie. He's sitting on the side waiting to bang pucks in, and Yamo is a better finisher than Chiasson. He's also a better puck retriever, so there's really no reason for him not to take that spot.

I don't mind Chiasson in the lineup though. Khaira has to go.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Almost forgot.

But after last night, I'm starting to think maybe they're simply a better team than us. We have the best player, but they look pretty good overall.
its so weird to say this but I actually like their team. I will prob cheer for them against other Canadian teams.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Chiasson is and has been the weakest link on this team for awhile now. Dude sucks. Had a tap in last night that he whiffed on. Constantly doesn’t execute plays. So much better options available out there both internally and on waiver wires.

Time to move on from him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Almost forgot.

The glaring and baffling defensive breakdowns weren't present, that's for sure.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Chiasson is and has been the weakest link on this team for awhile now. Dude sucks. Had a tap in last night that he whiffed on. Constantly doesn’t execute plays. So much better options available out there both internally and on waiver wires.

Yah hes a guy I really wanted to succeeded but I think your right...He at times is ok on the PP but thats not enough to keep you in the NHL.

Reactions: ujju2

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Almost forgot.

2 years ago you could say we have the better team but they seem to outwork us and are possibly better coached. Now I think their talent level could be overall better, especially with additions like this Hoeglander kid who looks real good and Quinn.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Khaira, after that garbage fire of a game, doesn't hit the ice for optional practice today. Neither does Chiasson.

Koekkoek, Jones, and Turris all do. (as well as Russell, Neal, and the taxi squad guys)

Some guys are hungry for opportunity and playing time, some guys just want to collect their f***ing paycheques.
Khaira is a lazy POS. I can't wait until he's gone.

Chiasson can go too. He's got the easiest job on the team (literally stand there and one-time the puck), and he f***ed it up twice last night.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Almost forgot.

they have an amazing young group of guys. EP40 is the real deal. Boeser is a beast. The hoglander kid looked good. And everyone knows Quinn Hughes.

Reactions: Mez and Szechwan

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I didn't see Jones as particularly bad last night, honestly. Larsson made baffling errors, sure, but the only thing I pin on Jones is a bit of an ill advised pinch...but someone should have covered for him (93/97)

I'd say the way that play developed Kassian was covering for him though maybe a step behind, and RNH was also covering but moreso positioned to impact the third attacker if one was coming. 100% on Larsson abandoning the middle of the ice looking to blow up the Canuck player. When you're partner pinches you're job is to cover the middle, if the player beats Kassian and ends up getting a shot off from the wing it's a much lower percentage shot than leaving a guy alone in the middle for him to pass to.

Reactions: fresh meat

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
lol I don't really hate any of the young Canucks.
They aren't rats and they play with finesse.

Sometimes last year they'd seem to go down too easily trying to draw the call, and would get the call unlike Connor battling through and not getting the call. But I didn't see as much of that last night.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I honestly can't recall if they did the same thing last year that they did last night, where one guy quickly brings the puck to center ice,drops it back, and all four other guys stand absolutely still at the blue line while the one guy now has to break through a line of opposing penalty killers.

I've watched the Canucks do this for years and have always hated it. Is that what we did last year?

Yes, that was our preferred entry last year. Our preferred entry BY FAR in fact.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton

This is where we need Neal. He can finish on the PP

Reactions: CornKicker

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
they have an amazing young group of guys. EP40 is the real deal. Boeser is a beast. The hoglander kid looked good. And everyone knows Quinn Hughes.
We are lucky their GM screwed them up cap wise for now lol. They should have kept Tofoli and been able to add...

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Khaira is a lazy POS. I can't wait until he's gone.

Chiasson can go too. He's got the easiest job on the team (literally stand there and one-time the puck), and he f***ed it up twice last night.

Seriously, you play 7 minutes, stink up the joint, your lazy ass backcheck is directly at fault for a GA, post a 10% CF%, and think you're too good to practice the next morning?

Woof. Hate that attitude. Play literally anyone else.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Seriously, you play 7 minutes, stink up the joint, your lazy ass backcheck is directly at fault for a GA, post a 10% CF%, and think you're too good to practice the next morning?

Woof. Hate that attitude. Play literally anyone else.
TBF, for both of them, they could be with separate coaches working on film/strategy, etc.

I'm not defending their game last night, but we don't know what they're doing.

Reactions: TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->