Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
HollyG said:
Must be a while since you've seen the league then. That used to be true many years ago, but is not the case anymore at all. The UHL, yes probably, but that's a very different animal than the ECHL.

It hasn't been that long...I'm not talking about straight out street brawling but there is dirtier play or shall I say "less careful" play. I can easily see a guy who's a little off his rocker in the ECHL or AHL taking a run at these guys to make a name for himself or to prove a point. Seems a silly situation for an NHL player to put themselves into.

Holly Gunning

Mar 9, 2002
out and about
Visit site
shakes said:
Obviously, he is the devil incarnate that he would rather starve some poor alaskan fisherman whose only dream it was to play semi, semi pro hockey by taking his job, rather than play for up to a million in Russia.
Semi-pro means that players work other jobs during the season as well as playing hockey. That's not the case in this league. You can criticize if you wish, but don't classify it as something it isn't.

Onion Boy

Jan 29, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
chara said:
"Thanks Scotty," says the guy who lost his job to Scott Gomez and now has to go on food stamps.

Personally I don't share this view, and I don't know your opinions on league contraction, but everybody should be aware that if you use this argument against the NHLPA, you can't possibly support league contraction in any way, shape, or form.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
HollyG said:
Semi-pro means that players work other jobs during the season as well as playing hockey. That's not the case in this league. You can criticize if you wish, but don't classify it as something it isn't.

You have a relative in this league or something? It was an obvious joke.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
littleHossa said:
Anchorage, isn't that either where Gomez was born or Alaska's capital? Either way it would be fun to see his points total.

it was where he was born. Alaska's capital is Juneau

chara

Mar 31, 2004
sandman441 said:
it was where he was born. Alaska's capital is Juneau

Hometown boy helps out hometown team...now that's a nice headline in Anchorage...

Bottom line: If Scott Gomez or any other NHLer wants to stay in shape, go rent a rink and play a game of scrimmage. People have been doing that for years - it called rec leagues. Go join one or create your own.

Staying in top shape is built into your line of work, so spend some money, call it expenses, and do just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad