GDT: 2/9/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
we cant have girardi and coby in same game... hedman disappeared at times tonight and serge makes too many mistakes for no wheels old men is that simple....now if we got strals in one of those two it will work out as does but also you all on strals for lack of points whose he playing with?

one guy drives me nutts all year or at least 2-3 months now he just passes around boards and gets us hemmed in to death imho he has become washed up

Reactions: DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I feel like Girardi has been decent this year. One bad game isn't enough to get rid of him completely.

And if we bench every defenseman that has a bad game soon Cernak will be the only player left.

It's been 4 bad games. tho. And he always seems to fade after the break.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i just think the magnitude of both girardi and coby is too much.... sad as that is.... cernak needs to play serge needs to play if we gonna stick with him as our sixth guy for the future or fifth guy.... coby just dont know ... girardi will hit and block shots.... hoping coburn gets a burst of life though... especially in playoffs as have seen before by him

6th consecutive 40 win season

Reactions: Sk8M8

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
One thing I was very pleased to see is when we bring the puck across we didn't just drive it to the dot and circle back. More keep driving the net and skating or passing to the center nearer the blue line. Teams just knew could half ass guard the puck carrier while everybody else crowds the passing lanes around the net.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I feel like Girardi has been decent this year. One bad game isn't enough to get rid of him completely.

And if we bench every defenseman that has a bad game soon Cernak will be the only player left.
I agree. He blocks a ton of shots and doles out some big hits. He's an OK bottom pair guy who does some good things and occasionally makes the bad mistake. He didn't have a great night tonight but the whole team has been pretty bad for the last 10 days or so. And one more thing, it's not like the guy who picked his pocket tonight was some fourth-liner just up from the A. It was arguably the best player in the world, or one of.

Last edited:

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
The reason Girardi blocks a lot of shots and has a lot of hits is because he's always pinned in his zone. He's terrible at getting the puck out so we get extended zone time and shots against.
I don't see that as exclusive to him when he's out there. We get pinned a lot, regardless of pairing, which has a lot to do with our scheme and general philosophy. We give up a ton of shots, rely heavily on our goalie and we are always looking to the rush.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I don't see that as exclusive to him when he's out there. We get pinned a lot, regardless of pairing, which has a lot to do with our scheme and general philosophy. We give up a ton of shots, rely heavily on our goalie and we are always looking to the rush.

Girardi's passing skills ain't what they used to be. He's too slow to skate it out and too predictable when trying to make that long pass to kick off our transition game. The game has gotten too fast for him.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
one thing at a time we got a goal and a win vs a team that probably is there at the end .... i think we probably wind up facing them late in playoffs not first myself but we probably have to get pitt at some point

The way we're playing, you'll be seeing us round 1

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Girardi's passing skills ain't what they used to be. He's too slow to skate it out and too predictable when trying to make that long pass to kick off our transition game. The game has gotten too fast for him.
I wasn't saying he's a world beater, but isn't the garbage he is made out to be. Not to mention he plays on the #2 PK unit in the league. And that's not nothing.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Time to give Girardi the Callahan talk, he should be the scratch. And I'm a fan of Girardi, I think he's done a hell of a job and certainly exceeded my expectations. But if we're playing our best six come playoff time, it's Danny G that should see bench.

And as a sidenote, we need to stop scratching Stralman. We gotta get him back in a groove, put him with Hedman and just leave him there. Maybe it's rewarding bad play, but we need to give Hedman a stable partner, and we need Stralman to gain a little confidence again.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm mildly worried about Kucherov. His hot streaks last 2-3 months and he inevitably goes cold like anyone will. But if he sucks all February then it's statisically more likely he will be hot all playoffs. Right??

Reactions: Hoek

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Girardi has been much better than most of us expected and has been pretty dang solid in his limited role and minutes.

But after the break, he's been getting slower and making more mistakes. To be fair though, I think he's injured or at least pretty banged up. At this game I had a seat not too far away from the bench and I could see the side where the defense sit (during 1st and 3rd, of course). There were a few times that, as Girardi was making his way to the bench for a change or during a TV timeout, he was wincing in what looked like non-trivial pain. He pays a pretty hefty price for all those blocked shots and hits.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->