GDT: 2/9/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston [postponed to April 26th]

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Bruins fan here.

Don't know frankly why this game was cancelled. There's a lot of snow up here yeah, but it stopped hours ago, and the conditions are fine. No reason to cancel it 4 hours before the puck drop.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Bruins fan here.

Don't know frankly why this game was cancelled. There's a lot of snow up here yeah, but it stopped hours ago, and the conditions are fine. No reason to cancel it 4 hours before the puck drop.

You're wrong though. The conditions are terrible. Not everyone can dig out their car. Some of the main roads aren't even plowed yet, the driving band ends in an hour. Even then its still bad. I'm sad its canceled, but in no way are the conditions okay.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
You're wrong though. The conditions are terrible. Not everyone can dig out their car. Some of the main roads aren't even plowed yet, the driving band ends in an hour. Even then its still bad. I'm sad its canceled, but in no way are the conditions okay.

They're fine here in Milton. Tons of snow, but everything's plowed. Dunno where you are that it's that terrible. I know metro west got slammed though.

So any word on when it will be rescheduled?

None yet. We had a discussion about it on the Bruins board the other day about this. This is what we came up with.

The only open dates they both have and the TD Garden is available are:

3/6 Which would be 4 straight for TB and 5 games in 6 nights and for Boston 3 straight and 6 games in 8 nights

4/1 Which would be 4 straight for Boston

4/25 Is being left open for a possible Boston Celtics playoff game

And Bruins/TB can't switch games because the night Bruins are in TB the Garden is booked.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
They're fine here in Milton. Tons of snow, but everything's plowed. Dunno where you are that it's that terrible. I know metro west got slammed though.

None yet. We had a discussion about it on the Bruins board the other day about this. This is what we came up with.

3/6 Which would be 4 straight for TB and 5 games in 6 nights and for Boston 3 straight and 6 games in 8 nights

And Bruins/TB can't switch games because the night Bruins are in TB the Garden is booked.

I dont know about the new CBA but in the old CBA you couldnt play 3 games in 3 nights. So those wont work I dont believe.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I dont know about the new CBA but in the old CBA you couldnt play 3 games in 3 nights. So those wont work I dont believe.

Those literally were the only available dates given both teams schedules, and TD Garden availability. Really have no idea what they are going to do. Guess we all have to wait and see.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

And now people are saying it will be rescheduled to April 25th. Which would put the Lightning on a back to back home and away, breaking up a 3 game homestand to finish the season.

Awesome.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
This is why all games should be played in Tampa Bay.

and while I understand that there's limited dates available for TD Garden, Disney on Ice got bumped in TB to allow for the Lightning.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Wtf?? Guess I need to start checking here before games again. I was wondering why the game was not on Sun... I call ******** Boston.

Edit: Just heard that some people have died because of the storm.. I apologize for calling ******** Boston.

Last edited:

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Playing in an empty arena would have been interesting. Rescheduling it is just gonna **** both teams unfortunately.

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
No one's using Fenway Park right now. Book it quickly, set up an outdoor rink and hold the "TD-Ameritrade Half-Assic Winter Classic" before it gets too warm.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I expect a bump, not a new thread on outlined date.

So this is now a pre-game talk thread for April 26th?

8QYbXKx.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->