GDT: 2/7/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Really? Purcell? I don't know about that...

Purcell has largely been awful. Him and MAB were the worst two players on the ice. Stamkos and Marty weren't far behind with their panic breakout passes and blind passes in the o-zone. The issue is that they're our main players and are on the ice so often that they need to start producing more (not points but at least sustained pressure on offense).

We've just hit a slump and we've definitely been missing something without Crombeen in the line-up. I'm still positive that we can take this weak ass SE division, just need to tighten up and actually set up in the offensive zone instead of trying to go for these quick break chances.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Purcell has largely been awful. Him and MAB were the worst two players on the ice. Stamkos and Marty weren't far behind with their panic breakout passes and blind passes in the o-zone. The issue is that they're our main players and are on the ice so often that they need to start producing more (not points but at least sustained pressure on offense).

We've just hit a slump and we've definitely been missing something without Crombeen in the line-up. I'm still positive that we can take this weak ass SE division, just need to tighten up and actually set up in the offensive zone instead of trying to go for these quick break chances.

Eh, I would use the word inconsistent. As far as awful goes, I think Malone has had ONE good game this year. Lockout really took it's toll on him.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
I was as disgusted by our lack of heart in Philly as anyone, but I'm not sure what you're getting at here as it relates to my previous post.

Sorry to be confusing. I'm just frustrated by the last 3 games. I'm not ready to blow up the season just this road trip.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Frustrating because we know this team can play better hockey yet seem to go through these stretches where they can't seem to do anything right. I wouldn't be so frustrated with losses if they were at least good games on our part, but so far they haven't been.

Hoping for a bounce back game against the Bruins, expecting a blowout.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
As bad as they have been these last 3 games they are still doing better then last season as a whole. They will get out of this funk but I am not sure if it will be before they return home. I sincerely hope they do it Saturday.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Eh, I would use the word inconsistent. As far as awful goes, I think Malone has had ONE good game this year. Lockout really took it's toll on him.

Fair enough, but that's two games in a row where Teddy's made some extremely questionable passes in key moments of the game. I don't expect much from Malone to begin with, so there's not much of a surprise there. He's supposedly a power forward, yet resembles nothing close to that. He hasn't been hitting, grinding out to get the puck in corners, been effective in front of the net etc.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Got back from the game.

I wish the Bolts didnt take too many penalties because it was a very good game up until that point (just saw replay, ticky tacky calls). I never realized how HUGE Lindback was, you can tell he has the potential to be a great goalie but he just needs to work on some fundamentals. I was also impressed with Conacher, looked like another St. Louis out there.

Good luck for the rest of the season until we meet again. ;)

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I've gotta admit that the class shown by the Devils fans coming in here has made this loss a little less painful. Some of the classiest fans in the league in my opinion :)

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Devs fans are legit, that has never been up for debate, not to mention the simpsons references.

Aurora Borealis? In this part of the country?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Most of us just live and breathe the sport, and I always liked the Lightning. You guys are always good in my book. :cheers:

Hopefully the Lightning take the division this year.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
BoucherFace.gif

cV11RWN.jpg

Last edited:

newham89

Feb 11, 2010
Nottingham, UK
I don't get the 'lack of heart' comments here. Whilst we haven't been playing stellar hockey, I think the heart and work rate behind this team is unquestionable. We've essentially lost 3 1 goal games to 3 big strong talented teams and I'm not getting downhearted about that at all. (Yes, I'm counting last night as a one goal game). Our goalie IS giving us a chance to win every game we play and to me it's a case of bad luck or bad misses that are costing us.

Last night is a completely different result if stamkos puts the open net in, against the flyers he hit the post before their first goal. That sort of luck will come back to us.

But back the question of heart, last season, and even the season before we would get blown out in games like this. We are more structured and better defensively than any other time under Boucher. It's frustrating how many short handed chances teams continue to get against us, but these things will eventually come good too.

Things are coming together slowly. No need to even discuss removing Boucher any time soon. We are 6-4 after the first 10. Keep that up and we are in the playoffs.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Fair enough, but that's two games in a row where Teddy's made some extremely questionable passes in key moments of the game. I don't expect much from Malone to begin with, so there's not much of a surprise there. He's supposedly a power forward, yet resembles nothing close to that. He hasn't been hitting, grinding out to get the puck in corners, been effective in front of the net etc.

Malone is the only player who goes in front of their goalie and creates some traffic, so that is a bit unfair.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
FWIW, this is the first game they've lost by more than 1 goal (and this one was only by 2). I think it's safe to say they've been in a position to win every game they've played.

19 SOG is pretty damn bad though. I don't think you can blame goalie/defense for a loss when you only manage 19 SOG.

Getting outshot has been a season long problem, and it's kind of biting us in the butt right now.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Stammer with rare fluff, Salo with rare mistake.. ended up costing a lot. Kovy made great play there though.

Brodeur still going strong. His stick play is awesome, probably the best in the league. Really kills dump and chase.

Boucher needs to wake up the top6 somehow.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
19 SOG is pretty damn bad though. I don't think you can blame goalie/defense for a loss when you only manage 19 SOG.

This is the truth. I believe "profanity laced tirade" describes my behavior after looking at the final stats last night. < 7 shots on avg per period isn't going to win you anything. Not sure what the team needs to see besides this to discourage their excessive passing and encourage more SOGs with traffic in front.

As for Malone, you have to play to the guy's strength. He is not fast nor is he known for his dekes. He is known for getting in front of the net, winning battles, and putting home the pucks that bounce to him because of his good positioning. He's needs to do more of this. And he needs to pop the hell out of someone soon; Bugsy is way past due for a fight...FFS, Vinny has 2 this season, Malone 0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad