GDT: 2/3/18 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Vancouver

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Vancouver started to goon it up towards the end of that. I get you suck and all, but at least keep your class and don't turn into the Flyers...

Reactions: DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
#Winning

No, I'm not bored. If anyone had told me we would have 75 points by now, I would have said "nuts."

Okay, I'm nuts.:thumbu:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If you're prevented from taking a shot on a breakaway, it should be a penalty shot and that's exactly what happened here. Had he taken the shot before the high stick, it would've been a 4 minute power play. I don't see any problems with this call.

Well regardless of the verdict I'm just glad a 4 minute wasn't tacked onto the penalty shot. And regardless of the verdict Tanev was still incredibly dumb to do that. I mean we've seen players throw gloves and I feel like that would've been better. You don't high stick someone on purpose

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
That's going to be a wicked scar.

**** yeah honey badger!

Pain-heals-Chicks.jpg

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That's completely fair. He just karate chopped a dude to
the face. I mean at least hook the bastard, trip him, or anything for that matter. Don't smack the **** out of him with your stick in the face.

I thought it was going to be a 4 minute penalty on top of the penalty shot. I mean all that for a high stick on a breakaway is overkill. Cutting it in half like they did was fine because it was a 4 minute penalty. I wasn't aware at the time that was the verdict. I'm fine with it now.

Had Vancouver had to kill off a 4 minute power play after a penalty shot goal then it would've been the most anyone ever got for a high stick probably ever. Well at least since Crosby's last dental examm

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Uh, 5-2 on this road trip with the All Star break in between ain't bad boys. Enjoy this as this is rarefied air.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Canucks fan coming in peace! You guys are easily the funnest team to watch by far. So jealous of your team - speed, skill, excellent goaltending. I wish the Canucks could play like you guys. Loving the model you guys have of small, fast, skilled forwards with a mobile and big d-corps. So jealous of the Bolts! I'll be cheering for you guys come playoff time

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Canucks fan coming in peace! You guys are easily the funnest team to watch by far. So jealous of your team - speed, skill, excellent goaltending. I wish the Canucks could play like you guys. Loving the model you guys have of small, fast, skilled forwards with a mobile and big d-corps. So jealous of the Bolts! I'll be cheering for you guys come playoff time

Thanks man. Y'all have great fans and we hope you can rebuild like we have. It's been a long climb but we HAVE to finish this year.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Another tough road win...it's hard to pick on these guys because they are winning but they gotta stop letting off the gas.

Go Bolts!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We are 2-0 since I've had my baby girl. Coincidence? I think not.

Also - we are *25* points up on 4th in the division with 30 games remaining. While I'm not big on counting chickens, I daresay we should squeeze into the playoffs this season.

Congrats

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Don't like how much we took our foot off the gas in the third. That game came uncomfortably close to turning sideways on us, especially given how dominant we were to start things off. Coop needs to devote every practice from here on out to clearing the freaking puck out of the zone. We weren't quite as bad tonight, but we were sure getting hemmed in for long stretches.

I'm also getting annoyed with the goonish stuff the refs are starting to let teams throw at us. I love the way respond, as we never back down, but I'd rather it not come to that in the first place.

*exhales*

2 more in the jar. On to the next one.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

Also - we are *25* points up on 4th in the division with 30 games remaining. While I'm not big on counting chickens, I daresay we should squeeze into the playoffs this season.
We missed playoffs by 1 point last year, we'll make playoffs by.. AT LEAST 1 point this year.!!!

Reactions: The Macho Man

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Couldn’t watch the game, but sergachev looked very involved offensively from the highlights. He start to come out of his funk?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Couldn’t watch the game, but sergachev looked very involved offensively from the highlights. He start to come out of his funk?
He was great on each end. A lot of big time blocks and was great positionally and in transition. Best game from him in a long time.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Said it awhile ago, Conacher needs to sit once in awhile but man has he been great since being scratched, Peca has amazing also. Both of those guys are killing it. I'd dump Paqtuette right now, his play style isn't much of a fit for the team and energy of the other guys is too much to give up on. Just like Filppula he's not a bad player but he's playing on a different wavelength than the rest of the team.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Congrats man!

Peca will stay on the team.
I do not like Cory as much as you do guys but he is an improvement over Brown.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Said it awhile ago, Conacher needs to sit once in awhile but man has he been great since being scratched, Peca has amazing also. Both of those guys are killing it. I'd dump Paqtuette right now, his play style isn't much of a fit for the team and energy of the other guys is too much to give up on. Just like Filppula he's not a bad player but he's playing on a different wavelength than the rest of the team.
That's why I think Cory is fine as a 13th. And Paquette does what he always does - looks good for a stretch, gets hurt, then comes back looking out of sorts. I do think we should still be on the lookout for a 4C at the deadline in addition to any impact D we can find.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We're gonna be no worse than 5-3 on the road trip. God I'm proud of the team. I hate that they zoned out and stopped playing in the 3rd but as long as that doesn't happen if we make the playoffs then I won't care so much.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That's why I think Cory is fine as a 13th. And Paquette does what he always does - looks good for a stretch, gets hurt, then comes back looking out of sorts. I do think we should still be on the lookout for a 4C at the deadline in addition to any impact D we can find.

By the way things are looking we may already have 4C if we want it in Peca. Not to mention Namestnikov and Johnson are playing wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->