GDT: 2/28/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Question: on the broadcast, one guy (Pierre, maybe) said the Lightning were double shifting Kucherov.

If true, why would Cooper do that? Tampa has nothing to prove in the regular season. Boston definitely needed to make a statement but an 18 point lead this late in the season is crazy. I don’t understand why a coach would run down his star player/risk injury in a game that means much more to the opposition than his own team.
In addition to the fact that Kuch is chasing a couple of trophies/records this year, Coop's been doing that for years. It's generally an attempt to try and get Kuch more involved if he's having a slow night.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Ahh, I see. Thanks for the responses. I just always fear injuries and riding a guy too hard. Makes sense now, though.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yeah...pile on me but that's not how I wanted to lose. That style of play cooper has had zero answer for...none. my proof...history.
Yes did we watch the kings game and rangers game ? Beat those two by a goal we did not play those teams greAt

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Even if that's true (which it's not; they don't really play like a Trotz team), then that would only mean we have a weakness. Like everybody else.

We missed out on being the first ever team to win 50 of its first 65 games. By a game. The sky is falling.

I just don't get the point in watching regular season hockey if wins don't mean anything but losses mean we suck.
Didn’t stamkos say last night they have one goal and unfinished business? So do I care about 17 regular season games left ?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Are you joking...some fame in November? Gtfo. Dumb response. The last two games we scored 1 goal on them and they played exactly how the Bruins played tonight. Yiu can deny it all you want but deep down you saw it.
Oh the irony.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The blaise and insouciance by some of you is either arrogance or stupidity.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The problem with the switch theory is that they haven't won a cup under cooper so this "switch" has been broken or doesn't work.

After a night to sleep on it...that was an embarrassing effort. Scheme wise...Cooper was outmatched yet again.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The problem with the switch theory is that they haven't won a cup under cooper so this "switch" has been broken or doesn't work.
Nobody has said that we'll win the Cup by "flipping the switch". People who say it mean that some overdramatic people here should calm down with their ridiculous statements. E.g. the people who thought we would get taken out by the f***ing Devils in the first round last season. :laugh:

We did flip the switch, we played on a completely different level when the playoffs started. Or are you saying that because we had some poor effort in February and May, we got taken out in the third round? Not the first, not the second. Third.

Reactions: Master P

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Nobody has said that we'll win the Cup by "flipping the switch". People who say it mean that some overdramatic people here should calm down with their ridiculous statements. E.g. the people who thought we would get taken out by the ****ing Devils in the first round last season. :laugh:

We did flip the switch, we played on a completely different level when the playoffs started. Or are you saying that because we had some poor effort in February and May, we got taken out in the third round? Not the first, not the second. Third.

I said nothing of the sort...

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
It's one game guys. Good lord. We have 104 points and have smacked basically everybody in our path this year. If we end up with 60 wins this season are you going to complain next year when we don't get 61? It's kind of absurd.

It's one game, move on. Boston isn't a threat to us in the playoffs. They looked like that after game 1 last year and we mopped the floor with them in 5. It was an easy series in all honesty. Nothing has really changed from them that we can't handle. Plus, that's a round 2 matchup, and in all likelihood not our concern after we get beaten in 3 games by Columbus.

StaySalty

Apr 12, 2018
Lakeland, Florida
It's one game guys. Good lord. We have 104 points and have smacked basically everybody in our path this year. If we end up with 60 wins this season are you going to complain next year when we don't get 61? It's kind of absurd.

It's one game, move on. Boston isn't a threat to us in the playoffs. They looked like that after game 1 last year and we mopped the floor with them in 5. It was an easy series in all honesty. Nothing has really changed from them that we can't handle. Plus, that's a round 2 matchup, and in all likelihood not our concern after we get beaten in 3 games by Columbus.
I think you mean two games by Columbus. Those guys know how to win in the playoffs for sure. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad