GDT: 2/28/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Lol these games are going to be more common down the stretch. Players are gonna need to save some energy for the playoffs. I'd much rather have a healthy roster than win the presidents trophy or have home ice. Just my opinion. Not saying I don't want them to win it but, i'm just saying.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I understand taking days off, especially with a b2b coming up, but I feel like they should have had a practice yesterday and not only given Miller a full practice but also to really test and work on these lines because they looked pretty bad.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I understand taking days off, especially with a b2b coming up, but I feel like they should have had a practice yesterday and not only given Miller a full practice but also to really test and work on these lines because they looked pretty bad.
Nothing better than trial by fire. In the playoffs lines are gonna change constantly so the sooner he starts playing with guys the better.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
14-11 since Jan 1st. That's crap. This is not a well oiled machine heading into the playoffs.

Again, if Coop loses in rounds 1 or 2...fire his ass. The effort sucks. Those lines were god awful tonight

Reactions: DaBolts

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Pretty uninspired effort. I remember thinking around midway through the 2nd... this game is f***in boring.

That, combined with a not great call to put us down a man going into OT killed us. Vasy throwing the stick was pretty much how I felt too.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
No team right now is a well oiled machine, and that includes Nash, Pitt etc

We were shit going into the 2016 playoffs, that turned out alright. Laid a dud in the biggest snooze of a game this season. It's going to happen.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This was the team we saw 80% of time last season. The difference is that now we're leading the league but were barely a .500 team last season.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
No team right now is a well oiled machine, and that includes Nash, Pitt etc

We were **** going into the 2016 playoffs, that turned out alright. Laid a dud in the biggest snooze of a game this season. It's going to happen.

If this was a one off incident I would gladly agree but right now it's Jekyll and Hyde with a lot more Hyde.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
This was the team we saw 80% of time last season. The difference is that now we're leading the league but were barely a .500 team last season.

We're barely .500 since our white hot start.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
You disagree? This is a cup team. If Coop can't deliver he should be replaced. How can anyone even deny this?
Well prior to tonight they had won 4 games in a row. I've seen how this team turns it on come playoff time. They've been playing better lately and i'm not the type to panic after an off night. And to answer your question, Yes I do think this is a cup team. Especially when Kucherov, Palat, and McD come back into the line up.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Well prior to tonight they had won 4 games in a row. I've seen how this team turns it on come playoff time. They've been playing better lately and i'm not the type to panic after an off night. And to answer your question, Yes I do think this is a cup team. Especially when Kucherov, Palat, and McD come back into the line up.

Wait...I said this is definitely a cup team. Absolutely. Built to win now. If Coop can't deliver...you can't change the players. He's gotta go if we get bumped in round 1 or 2...disagree?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The "hot start" was a four month long stretch. If you expected that pace to keep up I don't know what to tell you.
Oct-Dec is hardly 4 months. EVen wins are difficult when we should be blowing the doors off teams. I see a lack of urgency and effort. It is not reassuring.

HOPEFULLY, they flip the switch, right? I hear that a lot on here.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
There's too many variables to whether Cooper gets fired or not. If the team plays like this in the playoffs, obviously there will be some concern. But there is far more positive out of Cooper this year, and I have a feeling he'll have the boys back to California trip hockey soon.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Vasy has really bailed us out in some wins since Jan 1st. Just need to play harder.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Wait...I said this is definitely a cup team. Absolutely. Built to win now. If Coop can't deliver...you can't change the players. He's gotta go if we get bumped in round 1 or 2...disagree?
Well if we get eliminated in round 1 or 2 then I think there are bigger problems with the team then just coaching. I think that Yzerman would take a serious look at what other coaches are available though. The issue with that is overreacting. You may think Cooper isn't a good coach but you've got to compare him to whats available at the time. If there isn't a clear upgrade then you stick with him. He's not a bad coach imo. He can do some weird things at times but he's the one whos with the team every day so i'm gonna go with him for now.

Reactions: JDBolt

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Oct-Dec is hardly 4 months. EVen wins are difficult when we should be blowing the doors off teams. I see a lack of urgency and effort. It is not reassuring.

HOPEFULLY, they flip the switch, right? I hear that a lot on here.
Ok 3 months, brain fart. Point still stands though.

The switch doesn't stay flipped all season. I feel dumb having to explain the ebbs and flows of a season, changes in intensity, basically having a spot locked up, etc. but these are all valid concerns. Cooper has done nothing this season to make me doubt him as the best available coaching option we have.

The true grades on Cooper will come in the playoffs, he's earned the right, in my eyes anyway, to a little leeway in a season that has gone very well. Best record in this team's history at this point in time.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Ok 3 months, brain fart. Point still stands though.

The switch doesn't stay flipped all season. I feel dumb having to explain the ebbs and flows of a season, changes in intensity, basically having a spot locked up, etc. but these are all valid concerns. Cooper has done nothing this season to make me doubt him as the best available coaching option we have.

The true grades on Cooper will come in the playoffs, he's earned the right, in my eyes anyway, to a little leeway in a season that has gone very well. Best record in this team's history at this point in time.

Come on...we all see the product on the ice. It's not like I am making crap up. They aren't playing well. We all see it. Coop needs to get us to the ECF or better. Otherwise, he's taken this team as far as he can. We have a small window.

I can do without the condescension, btw. We're all Bolts my man.

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
Well there is no denying that one point in two games agains the Sabres is abysmal. The suck.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Come on...we all see the product on the ice. It's not like I am making crap up. They aren't playing well. We all see it. Coop needs to get us to the ECF or better. Otherwise, he's taken this team as far as he can. We have a small window.

I can do without the condescension, btw. We're all Bolts my man.
He's taken this team to the SCF. They played really well against the leafs the other night to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->