GDT: 2/25/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Lightning won the last 3 games and only let Carolina score 3 total goals, but it sure doesn't feel like we played that amazing. That should keep us humble.

Hats off to Rutta and Sergachev for stepping up after Cernak left. The PK did a heck of a job blocking a ton of shots too.

Most important thing for next game is working on the pp & figuring out who else can play with Stamkos.

Reactions: Lightning1995

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think our transition game was trash but honestly I think in the zone we played well in defending the crease.

Some of our forwards had awful games. Palat had his worst game in a year. Second line wasn't great. Fourth line wasn't very good.

But hey - two points is two points.

Reactions: Lightning1995

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Lightning got outplayed tonight but credit to Mcbackup for stealing 2 points. Couple of posts for the Canes too. Whatever, it’s 2 points on the tail end of a BTB.

Serge was great. Ruttas game has really improved recently, I hope he keeps it up.

Hope Cernek is ok

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
This is a good picture

RO5RwCr.png

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Watching games in other divisions...I really feel like we are already playing playoff type games.

Mega defense and checking going on in the regular season.

No doubt this division is prepping us for the playoffs.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Kudos to Mac for making the saves he needed to. No idea how some of them stayed out of the net but he looked more composed as the game wore on and did a heck of a job in a game we didn't deserve to win. 3 in a row against that team is no small feat, way to pull it off despite a poor overall effort.

Sergachev and Goodrow stood out in a positive way. Liked the way Point was moving too despite trying to do a bit too much at times, and Hedman as always was an integral part of a game where we went down a d-man. Quite a few players looked bad but in the second half of a back to back, I wouldn't read into it. Also have to give credit to Rutta and Volkov who seemed to have upped their game a bit lately although I haven't seen a good portion of our most recent games.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He's a really good player. No offense to speak of really but damn is he great on the PK and a great forechecker. Do not regret that trade an ounce right now.

Did we ever regret that trade? Goodrow has been solid from the start. Coleman was steep.

Reactions: DaBolts

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He's a really good player. No offense to speak of really but damn is he great on the PK and a great forechecker. Do not regret that trade an ounce right now.

Same here. It goes to show how well our front office can sniff guys out and have the foresight to see how they're going to fit within our system. I appreciate it to the point of an art form because when I work til 11 PM but wanna watch hockey, I usually end up watching Oiler games because I love me some McDavid. And when I watch them trudge out a mountain of 4th line trash I think to myself how lucky we've been in that regard.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Did we ever regret that trade? Goodrow has been solid from the start. Coleman was steep.
I think JBB got more crap for the Goodrow trade than the Coleman trade. Obviously no one questions it now but at the time a first for Goodrow was considered very steep.

Reactions: NatoGhost

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We can look back on this because we did eventually get a Stanley Cup GWG goal in that series. Should've been that one but things worked out well enough.
I went over to the Habs board after this game and they were dying at the possibility of Sergachev scoring the cup winning goal.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
I went over to the Habs board after this game and they were dying at the possibility of Sergachev scoring the cup winning goal.
On Twitter last night people were posting that drouin is better than sergachev. I looked up his stats last night and had 1 assist 2 shots on goal, and they lost haha I wonder if they knew Sergachev had a beast of a game last night.

Reactions: Hoek

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
On Twitter last night people were posting that drouin is better than sergachev. I looked up his stats last night and had 1 assist 2 shots on goal, and they lost haha I wonder if they knew Sergachev had a beast of a game last night.
They have the same amount of points. Drouin has played one more game.

Oh, and Sergachev is a Defenseman.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I think Tampa played a pretty decent game, it's incredibly tough to protect the lead against such a great puck possession team/ but again, Carolina is becoming legit, very defensively structured, disciplined team. Playoffs time this would likely be a 7 games series.

Last edited:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Still need to bench Johnson and Killorn and replace them with ABB and Colton, and work on that damn pp
It's crazy how players, when they lose a step, it's not only physically-wise, but mental effort too. Tampa gave up a huge SC in the first period (iirc) because Johnson wasn't just paying attention on the offensive break.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad