GDT: 2/23 tbl @ car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

The 2 Storms of the South come together for a perfect storm in Raleigh.

Can Captain Kirk of the USS Hurricane right the ship? The Hurricanes have had an outbreak of scurvy to render most of the team more useless than usual. Or will the Gale Force Winds of Stamkos over power us for a 5-1 loss?

Our Forwards Crew:
J. Tlusty / E. Staal / A. Semin
D. Bowman / J. Staal / P. Dwyer
A. Nodl / J. Jokinen / T. Wallace
C. LaRose / R. Nash / K. Westgarth

Our Defense Crew:
J. Corvo / J. Faulk
J. Harrison / R. Murphy
M. Jordan / B. Sanguinetti

In Goal:
D. Ellis

----
TBL Projected Line up:

C. Conacher / S. Stamkos / T. Purcell
B. Pouliot / V. Lecavalier / M. St. Louis
A. Killorn / T. Pyatt / N. Thompson
BJ Crombeen / A. Hall / R. Panik

V. Hedman / S. Salo
M. Carle / E. Brewer
M.A. Bergeron / B. Lee

Garon

---------------------------

Players to Watch:

Ryan Murphy, making his 2nd NHL debut as an emergency call up.

Jiri Tlusty, coming off a big 2 goal night that didn't matter since the net minder was watching Oprah on the big screen.

Steven Stamkos, you never see him shoot the puck, only celebrating as everyone wonders how the puck got in the back of the net.

(Please forgive me for not being as epic as the previous ones, still dealing with my eyes healing)

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Two garbage franchises in garbage hockey markets competing for the lead in a garbage division. The question isn't who's going to win, but if nobody watches a hockey game and nobody attends a hockey game, did it even happen? :shakehead

I feel sorry for the good people of Canada who have to be reminded that these two teams even exist, let alone be forced to watch such a putrid match-up on Gamecentre.

Who cares who wins this one? Neither team deserves it, just like neither team deserves the Stanley Cups they won.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Not feeling good about being in attendance for this one. It's VERY important to win this game, and I'm not feeling it if we don't get Joni back.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'll be at this game with my aunt. I'm not sure if she's ever been to a hockey game before (or at least recently), so I'll hope for a win out of this one.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'll be at this game with my aunt. I'm not sure if she's ever been to a hockey game before (or at least recently), so I'll hope for a win out of this one.

That was my experience on Thursday with my mom. My dad was out of town and my brother had too much work so she took me. :laugh:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
That was my experience on Thursday with my mom. My dad was out of town and my brother had too much work so she took me. :laugh:

I usually either go with my mom, or a friend if I can drag him out there (Sabres fan).

What disappoints me is how much my mom has gone clueless about the game of hockey after a year and a half off (since I was at Clemson last year and the lockout to start this year). She's pretty pathetic about stuff that she should know that she did before.

MovesLikeJagr

Jan 15, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm a lurker and rare poster, let's see if I'm doing this right... 5-1 loss? It would be nice to go back on the road with a win at hand and face Pittsburgh with a winning streak and momentum.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Well, I like watching Tampa, so I'll just have to pretend they're playing some other team with black jerseys and root for them. Marty St. Louis FTW!

Actually, I'm not that nervous about this game. I think we'll get an okay showing, especially if we get Tim and Joni back.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
5-1 loss. Goals go to Stamkos, Stamkos, Stamkos, Stamkos, Stamkos and R. Murphy.

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
Not feeling it - I think the ride is about to come crashing down. What started out as a promising February will end as a brutal stretch leaving us out of the playoffs.

Vinny and Stamkos each get a pair, Malone the other (4 of the 5 on the PP)
Bowman pots one for us 5-1 loss.

jstaal

go canes go
Apr 14, 2009
mass
tampa game

Not sure if Joni and gleason are back, havent read anything, but i thought for sure Joni would be back..

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Murphy still practicing with the Canes and Skinner skating in no-contact jersey :nod:

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
They outta take Larose out of the lineup and keep Nodl in. When's the last time char did something useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad