GDT: 2/22/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Hey it’s 2 points and the Bolts played hard.

Vasy was awesome

The turnovers are out of control. Some unforced some credit Carolina.

Glad Coop shook things up but not sure Stammer Joseph TJ works. Need some sandpaper and physicality. Maybe flip TJ and Coleman?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Some quick thoughts on ABB, I thought he looked really solid. The biggest thing that impressed me, more than the plays he can make with the puck, is that on a night where everyone was putting the team in bad spots, he wasn't. He played pretty responsible, and it was in a game where the pace was fast and the puck was zipping around even faster. He didn't look bothered by it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Some quick thoughts on ABB, I thought he looked really solid. The biggest thing that impressed me, more than the plays he can make with the puck, is that on a night where everyone was putting the team in bad spots, he wasn't. He played pretty responsible, and it was in a game where the pace was fast and the puck was zipping around even faster. He didn't look bothered by it.
He was great I thought.

It feels like we snuck out, but if Reimer didn't pretend to be Hasek for 20 minutes we have a 4 goal lead after 1.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I think his footspeed was noticeable, he's definitely not going to be the first down low on a loose puck but he has a good possession game, couple times where he was able to pick up the puck and keep the play going. Gourde's line was rarely in our zone, I think he should be playing with Stamkos though, put skill with skill.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
ABB made quick, smart decisions with the puck and showed some instincts for finding space.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I think his footspeed was noticeable, he's definitely not going to be the first down low on a loose puck but he has a good possession game, couple times where he was able to pick up the puck and keep the play going. Gourde's line was rarely in our zone, I think he should be playing with Stamkos though, put skill with skill.
Agreed. Looked like they had him playing F3 which is perfectly fine too when you have Gourde on your line. On a team like ours, you pair him with the right guys and it shouldn't be too much of an issue. If he's smart and makes good decisions, that'll go along way. I agree with you on getting him different linemmates. It's like Drouin in a sense where he needs other guys who can play on that level with him. He had a few troubles crossing the blue line with Killer. Could just be the lack of chemistry (with anyone), but he wasn't really in sync with them.

There's something very interesting too that ABB was not on a "4th line" & played with the 2nd PP unit in game 1. Maybe Coop does know what he's doing. ;)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The line juggling was a good call today, just some minor tweaks and it could be even better for next game.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Johnson is such a waste of a lineup spot, but there's no way they bench or scratch him since they are hoping to eventually move him (with what little value he has)

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Johnson is such a waste of a lineup spot, but there's no way they bench or scratch him since they are hoping to eventually move him (with what little value he has)
They need to go all in and put him with Point and Palat. If that doesn’t work he may need to sit.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
I wouldn’t mind seeing Johnson and Smith together on the 4th again. Volkov and Maroon are pretty f***ing awful lol

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
The boys knew my birthday is tomorrow so they got the W. This carolina team is scary when they play on all cylinders man cant wait for game 3 on wednesday

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The Sergachev/Hedman pairing is the hockey version of nuclear deterrence. Too bad we can't see much of it coz of lack of depth. I feel like Schenn is getting worse every game, to the point of getting critical. Johnson playing center again reminds us how far down his game took a nosedive, truly a bad showing and he might be even worse on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad