Pre-Game Talk: 2/21 - Jets at Canes

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I have never used Stubhub and have heard some horror stories about that site... so I'm a little hesitant to use it

I've never heard of any horror stories. Other option if you don't like that is the Hurricanes STH exchange (linked from the CH.com website)

http://www.ticketsnow.com/NHL/Inven...at-PNC-Arena-in-Raleigh-2-23-2013?PID=1297324

Or go buy some from a scalper (which I've done often). Hit or miss what you might end up with, but since it's not a team like Buff/NYR/Pitts/Philly that have a lot of transplants in the area, you should be able to get something.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Just some friends who purchased tickets and were denied entry when they got there. Also a co-worker bought tickets and didn't receive them in the mail and had trouble getting their money back.

Upon doing that you're supposed to call StubHub support and something will be worked out - there are occasionally fake tickets on stubhub, but I've used it many times and have never had any issues.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
thanks for the assurances. I always get a little iffy buying things online. Even on craigslist I don't buy the tickets unless they have the actual ticket in hand. Oh what a society we live in these days...

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
thanks for the assurances. I always get a little iffy buying things online. Even on craigslist I don't buy the tickets unless they have the actual ticket in hand. Oh what a society we live in these days...

Understandable - here's StubHub's FanProtect Guarantee if you want to peruse it:

http://www.stubhub.com/fanprotect-guarantee-legal/#buyers

If you do not receive the tickets you ordered on or before the expected delivery date set forth in the email you received when you placed your order:

StubHub will attempt to locate the tickets you ordered and work with the seller or shipping carrier to try to get them delivered to you prior to the event. If StubHub is unable to get the tickets you ordered delivered to you in time for the event, StubHub will attempt to find comparable or better (to be determined by StubHub) replacement tickets to fulfill the order at no additional cost to you. If replacement tickets cannot be found, cannot be delivered in time for the event, or the time for the event has passed, StubHub will issue you a refund for the cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges.

If tickets are invalid and not honored by the venue:

If the tickets you ordered are invalid and not honored by the venue, call us at 1.866.STUBHUB (1.866.788.2482) from the venue and StubHub will attempt to locate replacement tickets for you. If StubHub cannot locate replacement tickets, upon confirmation that the tickets were invalid for entry, StubHub will provide you with a refund for the cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
As we continue to devastate the Checkers lineup... the chain reaction continues:

Charlotte Checkers ‏@CheckersHockey
The Checkers have recalled forward Brody Sutter from the ECHL's Florida Everblades.

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
That multiyear extension is not looking so good right now.... this is his 2nd concussion in 2 years.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
How does this team go from no concussion symptoms to official concussion in less than 8 hours. Second opinion maybe? It's so annoying how the team enshroud's injuries between upper body and lower body...

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
That multiyear extension is not looking so good right now.... this is his 2nd concussion in 2 years.

I caught a couple of minutes of Chuck Kaiton on 99.9 yesterday, and they asked him about Skinner. I can't regurgitate the entire quote, but to paraphrase it bluntly, "This kid has to learn to skate with his head up in the NHL. And he knows it."

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
How does this team go from no concussion symptoms to official concussion in less than 8 hours. Second opinion maybe? It's so annoying how the team enshroud's injuries between upper body and lower body...

It's not just us though. EVERY team does that. And it's just frustrating especially compared to other leagues that give fuller injury reports.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
This board needs some blind optimism right now!

The good news is that Skinner's deke's and shifts (what require him to keep his head down) haven't been working, and he is still an excellent winger. He is still a shifty, explosive skater- not fast, but he accelerates quickly.

He can still be effective (perhaps even more so) without trying to spin around defenders.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC

I'm assuming the question referenced in this DeCock tweet was asked after the skate at RCI today, or thereabouts.

Luke DeCock @LukeDeCock
Chip: “It’s not a concussion issue with him? ... Do you know more about it now?” Muller: “Uh, yeah, it’s upper body."

Gotta love the NHL injury reports. It's like trying to watch the Zapruder film with a conspiracy theorist narrating.

Back... and to the left. Back... and to the left. He'll be fine. Gaping head wound.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
It's not just us though. EVERY team does that. And it's just frustrating especially compared to other leagues that give fuller injury reports.

Not true. A lot of teams have started to move away from just upperbody/lowerbody/undisclosed. Go look at the nhl injury reports for other teams...

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Not true. A lot of teams have started to move away from just upperbody/lowerbody/undisclosed. Go look at the nhl injury reports for other teams...

If they are, good. We need to get with it and follow suit.

Oh and to bring some humor to the subject, if we were a REAL hockey market, we'd have a thread on the main boards calling for Mark Fraser to be Shanabanned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->