GDT: 2/2/13 - 7:00PM EDT - New York Rangers VS Tampa Bay

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Hey guys, just wondering how Matt Carle has been playing so far. Not just this game, but the whole season so far. Would you say he's been worth the fairly large contract?

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Hey guys, just wondering how Matt Carle has been playing so far. Not just this game, but the whole season so far. Would you say he's been worth the fairly large contract?

He was pretty bad tonight, but he has been good in every other game.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
He was pretty bad, but the entire team was off. Couple that with the good road game played by the Rangers, and there is still room for major improvement.

Agreed. I wish that Pyatt, Pouliot, Tyrell line would have gotten more ice time, though.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
You guys thought Carle was bad?

I mean he wasn't good, but he played fine IMO.

Besides the Nash goal I thought Hedman played really well.

Rangers just played harder. The last 5 of the 2nd and first 5 of the 3rd was basically the deciding point of the game.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/lightning-falls-to-rangers-lecavalier-hurt/1273563
Head athletic trainer Tommy Mulligan said the team is "optimistic" Lecavalier is not as badly hurt as it seemed but more would be known today.

There was only a fleeting glimpse of the center outside the locker room, but the bag of ice around his left foot and pronounced limp as he entered the trainers room told a grim-looking story.
https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO
Early word is Lecavalier is expected to be fine, but will have more clear indication tomorrow #tblightning

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Biron played well, Rangers defense played well and they were very disciplined.

It was a close game and we got the chances to win the game and I think they tried their best but tonight it wasn't just enough, so no need to over-analyze this game, better to move on and just hope Vinny is okay.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Not a good game to end the homestand, but it's only one game. This road trip though, that's a murderers row of teams and buildings that kill the Bolts on a consistent basis. Well, except maybe Philly.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Whole team was just out of gas after the first. Looked like Torts wanted to beat them by foot tonight and went for it. Brewer had way too many minutes, looked very slow by the end of two.

Hopefully they get some much needed rest here.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Just reading through the MVP for first 2 weeks of the season thread on the main boards, and it got me thinking about who that would be for Tampa...

Would it be fair to say Hedman has been our most valuable player so far?

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
They didnt play terribly last night. Just not near the way they had in previous games. They had their chances, especially in the second to put the game away but didnt finish. That Conacher post goes in and I bet we win that game. It happens.

Garon wasnt that good though. He made the one breakaway save in the beginning but after that he had a lot routine saves. The Nash goal, while Hedman lost him on the corner, Nash went right through the damn blue paint and Garon just let him. Thats an easy poke check moment right there. Terrible goaltending on that goal. On top of that, the backbreaking 3rd goal was horrible and should never happen. The defensemen cleaned up enough of they bounce to create that chance to allow Garon to stop an easy little tap from Hagelin. Terrible terrible goal to let in.

Hedman was great once again except the Nash goal but you know what, he clearly though he pushed Nash wide enough that he would have to go behind the net, but Garon gave Nash all that room to cut right back in front. Nevertheless, Hedman needs to play that better and Id bet he doesnt make that mistake again. Other than that played great again.

What is up with St Louis? Hes picking up points but he is just wayyyy off. Last game too. Hope he shakes out of it because he has been bad the last few games.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
They didnt play terribly last night. Just not near the way they had in previous games. They had their chances, especially in the second to put the game away but didnt finish. That Conacher post goes in and I bet we win that game. It happens.

Garon wasnt that good though. He made the one breakaway save in the beginning but after that he had a lot routine saves. The Nash goal, while Hedman lost him on the corner, Nash went right through the damn blue paint and Garon just let him. Thats an easy poke check moment right there. Terrible goaltending on that goal. On top of that, the backbreaking 3rd goal was horrible and should never happen. The defensemen cleaned up enough of they bounce to create that chance to allow Garon to stop an easy little tap from Hagelin. Terrible terrible goal to let in.

Hedman was great once again except the Nash goal but you know what, he clearly though he pushed Nash wide enough that he would have to go behind the net, but Garon gave Nash all that room to cut right back in front. Nevertheless, Hedman needs to play that better and Id bet he doesnt make that mistake again. Other than that played great again.

What is up with St Louis? Hes picking up points but he is just wayyyy off. Last game too. Hope he shakes out of it because he has been bad the last few games.

I agree with everything you said. :handclap:

Garon could've poked. Also, that last goal was absolutely ridiculous. That had no business going in.

Vinny's sweet pass to Conny should've went in. Whole different game if it goes in.

Marty IS picking up points, and I said it the other day, he just does not look good. It is something he is aware of; I heard Boucher's post game presser, and he said Marty is aware of his game right now.

We are trying too much for the pretty play still. Blind passes, too much passing. Stamkos has THE most lethal shot in the entire league, but I feel like he is looking to pass instead of shoot so far.

Last edited:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Hey guys I've been seeing that Hedman has been playing a lot better this season. Would you guys say he's on his way to becoming the franchise defenseman and Norris nominee?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I think St. Louis should be put with Lecavalier for the time being. He needs to get himself going, he`s looking to pass to Stamkos almost exclusively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->