GDT: 2/16/2020 Chicago Blackhawks. @ Winnipeg Jets 7:30pm Comcast Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He would have, crow just gave up on the play and started crying and let the puck go in and then realized that his crying doesn’t help since that player was pushed in by his own player, what an embarrassment.

Good call, he seemed more concerned with drawing the interference call than making the save.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
upload_2020-2-17_9-45-22.jpeg

Reactions: ColdSteel2

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Lol @ anyone blaming Crawford. Some people just need to find a scapegoat for everything. Sometimes it’s ok to realize you just played a better team. It happens.

Hell you could argue we were the better team and Winnipeg just received all the puck luck last night. I wonder what the fancy stats say about last nights game.

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Would he have stopped 3 deflections?

Lehner is bigger and plays bigger... odds are he gets one of those defections just by it hitting him. And he certainly wouldn't have ducked at a high shot coming his way.

I'm not blaming Crawford. I am blaming JC for being so ff***ing stupid.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Lehner is bigger and plays bigger... odds are he gets one of those defections just by it hitting him. And he certainly wouldn't have ducked at a high shot coming his way.

I'm not blaming Crawford. I am blaming JC for being so f****ing stupid.
Yeah what an idiot coach for having the goalie that didn't play in the first game play the second of back to back games.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah what an idiot coach for having the goalie that didn't play in the first game play the second of back to back games.

It is a bad joke that folks feel that a goaltender can't play back-to-back games, especially at this point in the season where desperation is prevalent. Glenn Hall would get a great chuckle about that.

Reactions: LDF

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

I'm not blaming Crawford. I am blaming JC for being so f****ing stupid.
Lehner has let in 14 goals in his last 4 games. Give me a f***ing break. LOL

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It is a bad joke that folks feel that a goaltender can't play back-to-back games, especially at this point in the season where desperation is prevalent. Glenn Hall would get a great chuckle about that.
You're right, Crawford should have started Calgary game as well. I mean, he's been the better goalie going on close to 2 months now.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Lehner has let in 14 goals in his last 4 games. Give me a ****ing break. LOL

If you want to look strictly at stats, and it's obvious you do when it suits you, look at their respective win/loss records. That's the only stat that counts and I gave those numbers in a previous post. It's not even close.
Crawford HAD to win that game and what does he do with the game on the line? ... well, he ducks away from a high shot that literally hit the center of the net!

The number of times he gets caught too far back in his net and on his knees gets a pass every time from the fanboys of CC.... and likewise if a puck is redirected, accordingly it is impossible for any goalie to stop. :sarcasm: Right.

It's all water under the bridge now with oddsmakers giving Hawks a 17 % chance to make it. The tanker crowd may as well cheer for Crawford to play more often as the season winds down.

Reactions: LDF

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
If you want to look strictly at stats, and it's obvious you do when it suits you, look at their respective win/loss records. That's the only stat that counts and I gave those numbers in a previous post. It's not even close.
Crawford HAD to win that game and what does he do with the game on the line? ... well, he ducks away from a high shot that literally hit the center of the net!

The number of times he gets caught too far back in his net and on his knees gets a pass every time from the fanboys of CC.... and likewise if a puck is redirected, accordingly it is impossible for any goalie to stop. :sarcasm: Right.

It's all water under the bridge now with oddsmakers giving Hawks a 17 % chance to make it. The tanker crowd may as well cheer for Crawford to play more often as the season winds down.

Amen to that mate, the fandom of certain players and other characters is more abundant than the fandom of the team itself and their success on the ice it seems.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

I mean, the stats are proof of what we see on the ice. Lehner has struggled of late, Crawford has been the better goalie. I look at stats becasue they confirm what you see on the ice, or they don't. In this case, they clearly do.

Wins don't really mean much when it comes to who the better goalie has been. Wins is a team stat. But let's entertain that for a second.
Last 8 games
Crawford - 3-4-1
Lehner - 4-3-1
Pretty even I'd say, no?
Now the stats, since the win/loss record is fairly even.
Last 8 games
Lehner 3.27GAA, 904sv% -3.14 GSAA (which means he has let in 3 more goals than he should have)
Crawford 2.30GAA 926sv% 3.14GSAA (which means he has saved 3 more goals than he should have)

Now who here is being bias? The poster who likes both goalies? Or the poster who doesn't like Crawford? You did the same thing when Darling was here, and thought he was the better goalie, how did that turn out? I do think Lehner is the better goalie, but he hasn't been lately so I am fine with going with Crawford just as much as Lehner.

LOL at you saying Crawford ducks out of the way of a shot, he had a Winnipeg player interfering with him caused by a guy trying to clear the crease, instead of just keeping his stick engaged with him ;). It was also a deflected shot from 20 feet out.

The excuses you give Lehner but not give Crawford is borderline ridiculous. But somehow it's Crawfords fault the team didn't score more goals to win a game in which he gave them every opportunity to win it.

No one is cheering for Crawford to paly more, we are cheering for the better goalie to paly more, and lately, that's been Crow. I was cheering for Lehner to get more time earlier in the year when he was on fire. So don't come at me with the fan boy shit. If anything, you hate Crawford.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Amen to that mate, the fandom of certain players and other characters is more abundant than the fandom of the team itself and their success on the ice it seems.
Who has fandom of any player, really? Can you show me an example? If people have a different view of a player than you that makes them a fandom of that player?

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I mean, the stats are proof of what we see on the ice. Lehner has struggled of late, Crawford has been the better goalie. I look at stats becasue they confirm what you see on the ice, or they don't. In this case, they clearly do.

Wins don't really mean much when it comes to who the better goalie has been. Wins is a team stat. But let's entertain that for a second.
Last 8 games
Crawford - 3-4-1
Lehner - 4-3-1
Pretty even I'd say, no?
Now the stats, since the win/loss record is fairly even.
Last 8 games
Lehner 3.27GAA, 904sv% -3.14 GSAA (which means he has let in 3 more goals than he should have)
Crawford 2.30GAA 926sv% 3.14GSAA (which means he has saved 3 more goals than he should have)

Now who here is being bias? The poster who likes both goalies? Or the poster who doesn't like Crawford? You did the same thing when Darling was here, and thought he was the better goalie, how did that turn out? I do think Lehner is the better goalie, but he hasn't been lately so I am fine with going with Crawford just as much as Lehner.

LOL at you saying Crawford ducks out of the way of a shot, he had a Winnipeg player interfering with him caused by a guy trying to clear the crease, instead of just keeping his stick engaged with him ;). It was also a deflected shot from 20 feet out.

The excuses you give Lehner but not give Crawford is borderline ridiculous. But somehow it's Crawfords fault the team didn't score more goals to win a game in which he gave them every opportunity to win it.

No one is cheering for Crawford to paly more, we are cheering for the better goalie to paly more, and lately, that's been Crow. I was cheering for Lehner to get more time earlier in the year when he was on fire. So don't come at me with the fan boy ****. If anything, you hate Crawford.

Give us a call when Crawford is in the running for the Vezina. Too bad you can't see the weaknesses in his game. Hopefully, this ends soon and he (or Lehner) is traded by the TD. I won't blame Lehner if he wants out.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Give us a call when Crawford is in the running for the Vezina. Too bad you can't see the weaknesses in his game. Hopefully, this ends soon and he (or Lehner) is traded by the TD. I won't blame Lehner if he wants out.
Lol Lehner is not getting into the Vezina convo this year. And I already said he can be the better goalie but hasn't been lately. This is about the last handful of games, not the past years. Nice goal post move though.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018

Bobby you really need to watch some replays if that’s your take on what happened. It wasn’t a high shot. The shot actually looked like it was going low and it completely changes trajectory off of DeBrincats stick AS CRAWFORD WAS TAKING CONTACT. I’m sorry it’s just wrong to blame him for that goal as there’s very literally two other Blackhawks in front of him that should be blamed first.

look on the replay here, you can see it looks like the puck was going low off the initial shot and completely changed directions on him 15 feet in front of him. I think he knew he got beat on the redirect and tried to sell the interference without really knowing he got pushed in by Seeler.

Reactions: d rake

Cold Steel on Ice

Feb 12, 2020
No effort by Debrincat to block the shot.If you aren't scoring you need to be able to contribute in other ways.There are too many passengers on this team right now to have any real success.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You didn't see him duck? Oh boy.

I tried my damdest to try and see it differently but I see the same thing each time.
The puck didn't even go at his head. It was going wide of the net, then all of the sudden it's heading towards him because it deflected off of Cats stick and changed direction and trajectory. If anything, he was trying to sell the interference, which should have been called.

Reactions: d rake and BK

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

I tried my damdest to try and see it differently but I see the same thing each time.

lol he clearly just ducks, he flops like he was just shot at or something, yes he’s being pushed but why not stand your ground and push back and get in the way of the shot? Also that’s not “15 feet” lmao it’s from the top of the circle that it made contact with his stick and one of those circles is 30 ft in diameter. It’s like showing a video that proves him completely wrong.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Lol Lehner is not getting into the Vezina convo this year. And I already said he can be the better goalie but hasn't been lately. This is about the last handful of games, not the past years. Nice goal post move though.

I give up. Corey is the better goalie..... LOL. He should be in the conversation for the Vezina again this season, same as most of the past decade. Is that delusional enough for you.

But as I said my criticism is toward the young HC who doesn't seem to realize his job is on the line and the desperation this team finds itself in. Desperation calls for desperate measures. Playing your #2 goalie in 4-point must-win games does not fit that bill and simply is not acceptable. Call Gerard now.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
There are literally two crucial mistakes made by guys in white jerseys within a second of real time in front of him that directly lead to the goal and you want to blame Crawford cause it looked awkward? I really wish some people who put these kinds of goals on goalies would try to play goalie. The shot not only started low but completely changes trajectory to go high and ends up in a spot that he started in but got pushed out of by his own guy. Crawford literally does not have the space to play his position and get to that puck because of Seeler. Seriously what are you looking at? If Seeler doesn’t push him in, that’s not a goal. If DeBrincat is more aware and doesn’t deflect that puck, that’s not a goal.

It also looks like on the slow-mo replay that he does the ducking thing after the puck was already by him and then looks right at the ref. I think it’s possible that was him trying to sell interference after he knew he was beaten. He can’t really see that Seeler was the one that pushed him in and he clearly took contact so I would be trying to sell a call if I was him to.

That goal is 100% on the guys in front of Crawford.

Reactions: d rake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad