GDT: 2/15/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
McElhinney has played two games you know...

He was decent last year. He was very solid in his first game. Why are we giving him the Nabokov treatment?
I think we've just seen so many bad back-ups that it's a reflex now. Yeah, this was really just a bad game for the back up, and it's hard to pretend it means something more than that.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
It was a very bad game for him though...so I get some of the hate. I only watched the condensed 8 min replay of the game and without having read any of this thread all I was thinking was how McElhinney gave that game away single handedly. It looked like at least half those goals were ones he should have saved at least.. Like if Vasy was in net it would have been 1 goal given up maybe.

But yeah hopefully it's a fluke and McElhinney bounces back.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Oh yeah he was terrible. I think 4 of those goals are "soft".

But it's just one game we didn't need to win.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Over the last 3 years McElhinny has given up 4 or more goals 12 times. In the same timeframe Vasi has given up 4 or more 32 times. In those games McE has 3 wins and Vasi has 6 wins. So in 44 games where the team gave up 4 or more the team has 9 wins. Moral of the story do not give up more than 3. Over three years when giving up 4 or more they have won 20% of the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad