Injury Report: 2/14 Simek to IR UBI

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
To be fair, he said “I believe it was clean, we asked the ref and the ref said it was a clean hit. I take his word for it.”

Now why on earth would you take the refs word for it?
Even if it was clean, nobody stuck up for Simek. They watched their guy writhe in pain and didn't do anything about it. Clowe would've demolished Marchessault if that happened to Couture.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
To be fair, he said “I believe it was clean, we asked the ref and the ref said it was a clean hit. I take his word for it.”

Now why on earth would you take the refs word for it?
Even if it were clean. Guaranteed if that happened under Thornton's watch he's personally going out there and spearing/slashing Marchessault.

Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Even if it were clean. Guaranteed if that happened under Thornton's watch he's personally going out there and spearing/slashing Marchessault.

In 2006 when Raffi Torres took out Michalek with what was a clean hit (by those standards), nobody did anything.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Even if it was clean, nobody stuck up for Simek. They watched their guy writhe in pain and didn't do anything about it. Clowe would've demolished Marchessault if that happened to Couture.
No disagreement from me on the lack of a response. I was just also pointing out that it seemed odd that Couture would be diplomatic with the refs and “take their word” for whether a hit was a clean hit or not instead of thinking about his relationship with his coworkers and doing what would be best for the team. Because honestly, does a hit need to be dirty to engender a response? No Logan, it does not.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
In 2006 when Raffi Torres took out Michalek with what was a clean hit (by those standards), nobody did anything.
Even back then nobody thought it was a clean hit. It was repeatedly called a cheap shot. Back then the excuse was the refs didn't see the hit because the puck had already moved to the next player.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Couture is a wuss. Worst captain in franchise history.

Clean or not (it wasn’t), they watched their teammate get intentionally injured and did nothing. The 4 players on the ice who didn’t respond at the time should be traded or cut, and that includes Hertl who clearly saw both hits and didn’t do a damn thing.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Even back then nobody thought it was a clean hit. It was repeatedly called a cheap shot. Back then the excuse was the refs didn't see the hit because the puck had already moved to the next player.
Nobody except the nhl, who couldn’t stop gushing about how it changed the series.

Which is why I don’t take a word the league says seriously. They were fine with Torres being a complete piece of shit of a hockey player until they weren’t. He wasn’t nearly as dirty with the Sharks (and Coyotes) as he was in Edmonton and Vancouver, yet he never got anywhere near the same amount of suspensions there.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Nobody except the nhl, who couldn’t stop gushing about how it changed the series.

Which is why I don’t take a word the league says seriously. They were fine with Torres being a complete piece of shit of a hockey player until they weren’t. He wasn’t nearly as dirty with the Sharks (and Coyotes) as he was in Edmonton and Vancouver, yet he never got anywhere near the same amount of suspensions there.
I'm not understanding your first sentence? I heard a number of non Sharks pundits call it a gutless hit. There was no denying it changed the series though.

That was after they started "caring" about head shots and blind side hits though. It was fine on Michalek but once he started doing it to Blackhawks players it became untenable. I didn't think any of the hits he got suspended for with the Sharks were even in the same zip code as the ones he gave Michalek and a couple other players prior to being a Shark.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Couture is a wuss. Worst captain in franchise history.

Clean or not (it wasn’t), they watched their teammate get intentionally injured and did nothing. The 4 players on the ice who didn’t respond at the time should be traded or cut, and that includes Hertl who clearly saw both hits and didn’t do a damn thing.
I get that the cupcakes on the ice at the time didn't respond but Bob had last change so he should have sent Gabriel Meier and Kane over the boards next shift to set the tone. Gotta respond quick especially at the beginning of the game like that. Plenty of time in the game. Don't want to be trying to even up in the 2nd and 3rd of a close game with that PP.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Remove couture from this team, every one wants to talk about bad locker room environment. None of that stuff was said about this team until he became captain.

He tried to poison the team when thornton was captain by saying that the team was just a bunch of coworkers but pavelski and that new leadership group cut that off at the head. But now he is just poisoning the team and there is nobody able to do anything about it because he is the captain.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I get that the cupcakes on the ice at the time didn't respond but Bob had last change so he should have sent Gabriel Meier and Kane over the boards next shift to set the tone. Gotta respond quick especially at the beginning of the game like that. Plenty of time in the game. Don't want to be trying to even up in the 2nd and 3rd of a close game with that PP.
Judging by his postgame comments it was clear Bob watched a different game than we did.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Remove couture from this team, every one wants to talk about bad locker room environment. None of that stuff was said about this team until he became captain.

He tried to poison the team when thornton was captain by saying that the team was just a bunch of coworkers but pavelski and that new leadership group cut that off at the head. But now he is just poisoning the team and there is nobody able to do anything about it because he is the captain.
I don't know about these things but in general I agree that Couture has not been a good captain. I was actually looking forward to seeing him as captain but he has not been able to lead by example on the ice. Nor does he seem to be a good leader in the locker room.

Not happy with how Boughner has been either. He has taken some steps that none of our other coaches have taken like reducing ice-time of certain vets and benching them but the results have just not been there.

Next season will hopefully be a fresh start with both a new captain and coach.

Reactions: jarr92

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Imagine if a Vegas player was hurt after one of the Sharks hit and injured them.. Do you think Vegas asks the refs if it was dirty before taking numbers and playing nastier? What a joke response.

I'm thinking Captain Coworker sounds like a good name for Couture, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->