GDT: 2/14/23 - 9:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Hedman looked horrible tonight. This is an issue unless he's coasting or whatever excuse you want to use. Guy looks lost half the time. Really hope this is a mental thing and not the start of his decline. He does not look like "Yeah there's Makar, Fox, Hughes, but give me Hedman" version we've seen the last two seasons.

Looks like a top 4 dman, not our #1.
Maybe I missed it, but I thought he was pretty good tonight. Overall this season has been a bit concerning

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

If he could do that before the start of every game....

iu

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hedman looked horrible tonight. This is an issue unless he's coasting or whatever excuse you want to use. Guy looks lost half the time. Really hope this is a mental thing and not the start of his decline. He does not look like "Yeah there's Makar, Fox, Hughes, but give me Hedman" version we've seen the last two seasons.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's just the RS but he wasn't really up to par last playoffs either.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's just the RS but he wasn't really up to par last playoffs either.
Maybe I missed it, but I thought he was pretty good tonight. Overall this season has been a bit concerning
I thought he was indecisive and lethargic for stretches tonight. He's been better lately but still feels like he's been rather underwhelming all year.

I hope whatever it is leaves for the playoffs. We need him and his careless play on the powerplay is frustrating.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I have been concerned about Heddy being injured. The other thing that comes to mind is the scourge, he shows signs of players effected by substance abuse. I sure hope that not to be the case. But his game has went to crap the entire season and has shown little improvement over time injury can improve and his game improve. He has lost all accuracy shooting passing seems like he does not see the game as he has in the past as well.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Great win boys!!!!! 2 points the hard way on the road is a great showing.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

Imo Hedman just hasnt looked right since the injury against acolumvus on 2021. He has his flashes and still wrack up easy PP points...but 2015-2020 Hedman is gone. Doesn't look terrible but he looks normal. We're gonna need him to really step up again in the playoffs

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Imo Hedman just hasnt looked right since the injury against acolumvus on 2021. He has his flashes and still wrack up easy PP points...but 2015-2020 Hedman is gone. Doesn't look terrible but he looks normal. We're gonna need him to really step up again in the playoffs
I think it's been discussed a bit here but I have felt for a while that Hedman is really the guy on this team that would be in need of a long off season.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think it's been discussed a bit here but I have felt for a while that Hedman is really the guy on this team that would be in need of a long off season.
I'm def thankful for the chance they had at the 3peat, but with how they looked last year the last little whole of the season I didn't expect much. I just wanted them to beat Toronto then they could be knocked out and have a much needed long off season. I really thought 3 in four years was gonna be the route they go.

4 straight cup appearances is tough, both physically and mentally. The team is playing much better than they did last year so we'll see how they hold up. I'm just praying the wheels don't fall off at some point of this monster stretch of hockey over 4 years. The off season between 2020 and 21 was even shorter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad