GDT: 2/14/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Washington VS Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Same old story with the Bolts, it's been like this for 3+ years now, we can never give a full 60 minute effort, they only ralley in the final 10 minutes of the game if they're losing.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
In all honesty, they looked better than their last 4-5 games, at least they scored a few...

Garon looked mediocre at times but he didnt have a lot of help either. If you think this goaltending tandem was/is going to make us a top 4-8 in the league, your expectations are clearly through the roof. Garon is better than what he was tonight but he's a backup, a good one, but nothing more, nothing less.

Not sure Lindback would've done better with the way Matt 'I cant skate faster than 3mph' Carle played tonight. That's not something you want to see from a guy who is supposed to plug that #2-4 role. And take up 6mil each year. His play has actually been piss poor since the 2nd Philadelphia game.

lee is lee, only fault was that scramble on Beagle's goal but so be it, borderline bs cause apparently the ref never lost sight of it even though his angle immediately was not able to see the puck, I understand afterwards but why blow the whistle so quick on the delayed penalty earlier when Vinny was at the shooting range? What? X-ray vision didnt work on that one? Damn zebras.

Hedman played good, still a few boneheaded passes but I dont worry too much when him and Sami are out there.

Zone entry still sucks ass and the forecheck is more like a get lucky slot machine, if you happen to slot {Killorn}-{Pyatt}-{Panik} then you hit jackpot/forecheck, if not, just watch Purcell float around.

Thompson, Hall, young guys, Pyatt, had great games. They have determination. Didnt notice Vinny out there til the end...and Conacher just looks like a different player from 5 games ago.

And the beat goes on.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Washington won faceoffs 36-29, and to be honest, it didn't even seem that close.

A lot of good being the home team/stick down last did for us tonight...besides the horrible passing, occasional defending, excessive cute play, and not playing until the 3rd period, we have got to fix faceoffs.

Faceoff stats from tonights game:
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/FC020193.HTM

Interesting. Actually, Stamkos wasn't below 50% (8/15 for 53%).

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
For the first time in forever I left a game early. I had no doubt they would score a couple to make it interesting near the end. Was also pretty sure that it would be too little, too late. Bingo!

Nobody looked good last night and there is way too much talent on this team for this to be acceptable.

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
I'm sorry in listening to Boucher's post game presser he mentions a lot of things that he thought they did well. I'm sorry, we must have been watching different games. They did not look good at all. They are not even showing up and competing. It's not even interesting to watch. At least give me a tough game. I was checking twitter/facebook while play was going on. I never do that.

"Our players worked really hard". Really? Are you ****ing kidding me? Sure, in the last 5 minutes.

"work ethic at its best".....

"was not lack of positive vibes...the best our bench has been all year long.." What's it like when they are at their worst?

"tackled turnovers, zone entries...we are really good at it".....

"stamkos working extremely hard, finishing his checks"...

"heaviness of not being able to come out on top......not a questions of x and o's....it's the mental and emotional grind"

For ****s sake. Pinning loses on a bunch of emotional, flowery BS. This inst social work. Less reading about Psychology. More reading about winning/coaching.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I agree basically with what Boucher said, and I do think that this game had a large mental component.

I'm also not sure everybody was watching the same game. I know I've been complaining about the 'process', but this was actually a game where that could be justified.

Games where they just suck and/or don't put in the effort are the times the 'process' feels like an excuse.

and Boucher knows that he's got to win now if he's going to see that process through.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think Stamkos is trying to become the next Ovechkin. He's going out trying to throw big hits instead of trying to score. I like the intensity but get on the scoresheetfscoresheet first.

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
Ok, it's my fault guys. As soon as I picked up St. Louis in my salary cap fantasy league the team started sucking. I traded him before last night's game and he went 1+1 and +3.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
From what I saw on the highlights on the Lightning site, we made decent passes, and Marty looked pretty good. But those are just highlights I guess. Like I said, I didn't see the game, but we didn't look horrid from the highlights I saw.

Besides Garon, with that clapper from Fehr. Ugh.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
From what I saw on the highlights on the Lightning site, we made decent passes, and Marty looked pretty good. But those are just highlights I guess. Like I said, I didn't see the game, but we didn't look horrid from the highlights I saw.

Besides Garon, with that clapper from Fehr. Ugh.

Garon's play is pretty much why the team lost.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Marty played a good game. I actually like these line combos, just need to turn up the intensity. Garon was bad. Carle can't make a pass to save his life.

St. Louis and Stamkos are fourth and fifth in league scoring respectively. A little weird considering their play as of late, but it just goes to show you what kind of players they are.

I think we goes up from here. This team has too many good players to be playing like this...

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I guess nobody read my review on why Lee was a -3. Brewer and Carle are getting paid lots more money and their play has been worse than Lee's lately.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I guess nobody read my review on why Lee was a -3. Brewer and Carle are getting paid lots more money and their play has been worse than Lee's lately.

I don't really disagree with this statement. Lee gets the flak, but the second pairing is the one dropping the ball.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Remember when people were fine with Lee being in the top 4 after last season?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Getting behind early is really costing them. Also getting penalties early and often is making it hard on them to get into any kind of rythem. They cant get any momentum going and end up trying too hard to score goals which leads to frustration. They need to come out flying and disciplined too. They should also expect to get some ****** calls against them and have their games be a little controlled by the refs for whatever reason to me it feels like the league is out to get us. They should expect that and rise above that. They are good enough to. Practice being down in games and short handed situations. Feels like forever they have scored a short handed goal. Their PK is pretty good dont get me wrong, just saying they need to expect to be in that situation more than they would like to. I mean of course work on not getting into the box but I feel like sometimes they will get them just to break the flow of the game. So they need to go with that instead of complaining to refs and getting frustrated about it. Embrace the hate from the league!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad