GDT: 2/13/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Boston leads 5-2 and will take over as the NHL +- leader.

For those that don’t care about winning the division I guess that doesn’t matter, but I believe playoff positioning is important.

I don’t think finishing ahead of Toronto is a slam dunk.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Point cost us the game imo, guy can't finish thinks he's a rookie again.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Yzerman needs to do something soon. Dotchin and Koekkoek bumbling around out there like chickens with their legs cut off. Stralman needs a few less minutes, or at least a solid partner to lean on.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
How so? Just curious. The team isn't playing well and Boston is going to pass us. How long you gonna hold onto Nov & Dec?
Not holding onto the past bud. The team played good vs the leafs last night, just didn't get the preferred result. This game it was easy to see that they were tired, didn't help that they played a bad game to top it off. I'm just not hitting the panic button.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Not holding onto the past bud. The team played good vs the leafs last night, just didn't get the preferred result. This game it was easy to see that they were tired, didn't help that they played a bad game to top it off. I'm just not hitting the panic button.

LOL. They were down 0-3. That's funny. Toronto took their foot off the gas. ALmost only count sin horseshoes and hand grenades. Funny stuff!

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
LOL. They were down 0-3. That's funny. Toronto took their foot off the gas. ALmost only count sin horseshoes and hand grenades. Funny stuff!
You're right, we were lucky to even get one goal. I mean how does this team even manage to win any games at all?

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
Lighting richly deserved both losses. Being down 3-0 last night and then pissing away a 5 on 3 for almost two minutes tonight.

Despite the ridiculous hot start, I’ve still not fully trusted this team. Still don’t.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Team is done, not making the playoffs, trade everyone.

Who said that? No one. I said the team was struggling. Do you disagree? The effort and urgency are not there. Disagree? Or you gonna put your head face down in the pillow again. Hyperbole is weak.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Who said that? No one. I said the team was struggling. Do you disagree? The effort and urgency are not there. Disagree? Or you gonna put your head face down in the pillow again. Hyperbole is weak.
Sure i think the team could play better. I just don't see it as bad as some of the other posters do on here.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Hopefully when SY makes a move , it is someone who also is a good leader. This team really needs someone to get in their sh...

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Lighting richly deserved both losses. Being down 3-0 last night and then pissing away a 5 on 3 for almost two minutes tonight.

Despite the ridiculous hot start, I’ve still not fully trusted this team. Still don’t.

Since we made the finals we've been Jekyll and Hyde every year.
2016: Stumble and do the bare minimum to get into the playoffs, and then flip a switch and make the conference finals.
2017: Struggle mightily until the hole is too big to overcome, and then proceed to go on a 30 game hot streak which isn't enough to make the playoffs.
2018: Build a massive lead in the standings and then fall into a shell (recent slide).

I think we just have to be patient and ride this out but it's frustrating that this team can get so lazy for such long stretches. Maybe we're too talented for our own good. We should bring back "safe is death"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad