GDT: 2/12/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Calgary vs Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't think any of those opinions were terribly unique. Hell, some of them (Miller moved up, Gourde put with Point) were damn close to obvious to everyone but Coop.

I know why Coop did it, I think. Sometimes lines take awhile to gel, and he was giving them enough time to see if they could. They couldn't, and he (correctly) switched them up to some combinations with more proven chemistry. One thing I think Coop is trying to do though - and I notice it more with how Stralman is moved around - I think he's trying to get everyone used to playing with a variety of players, so they have *some* familiarity in case of an injury in the playoffs. You know you can put Kucherov anywhere and he'll score. Point can play with pretty much anyone too. But beyond that, getting the entire roster familiar with each other may save some growing pains in the postseason.

Just to note with Point and Gourde, they weren't split because they were playing bad, they were seperated because Stamkos and Kucherov were awful together. They should've gone back to it when Gourde went into a rut and Kucherov/Stamkos were back on their games. As good as Point/Kucherov are, Johnson-Point-Gourde were absolutely dominant last playoffs and the start of the season. Palat got way too long of a leash, stapled next to Stamkos and 1st unit PP time reminds me of last season when Killorn was on the first unit and went 40+ games without a PP point.

Johnson-Point-Gourde
Miller-Stamkos-Kucherov

is probably the best top-6 combination we get if they're on their games.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Just to note with Point and Gourde, they weren't split because they were playing bad, they were seperated because Stamkos and Kucherov were awful together. They should've gone back to it when Gourde went into a rut and Kucherov/Stamkos were back on their games. As good as Point/Kucherov are, Johnson-Point-Gourde were absolutely dominant last playoffs and the start of the season. Palat got way too long of a leash, stapled next to Stamkos and 1st unit PP time reminds me of last season when Killorn was on the first unit and went 40+ games without a PP point.

Johnson-Point-Gourde
Miller-Stamkos-Kucherov

I also would like to see them go back to those lines

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
You basically copied me from a month ago. I'll take the credit.
Oh yes right
I don't think any of those opinions were terribly unique. Hell, some of them (Miller moved up, Gourde put with Point) were damn close to obvious to everyone but Coop.

I know why Coop did it, I think. Sometimes lines take awhile to gel, and he was giving them enough time to see if they could. They couldn't, and he (correctly) switched them up to some combinations with more proven chemistry. One thing I think Coop is trying to do though - and I notice it more with how Stralman is moved around - I think he's trying to get everyone used to playing with a variety of players, so they have *some* familiarity in case of an injury in the playoffs. You know you can put Kucherov anywhere and he'll score. Point can play with pretty much anyone too. But beyond that, getting the entire roster familiar with each other may save some growing pains in the postseason.
I'm just messin', I know they weren't unique.

Reactions: Stamper

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

Johnson-Point-Gourde
Miller-Stamkos-Kucherov

Wasn't that Johnson-Point-Palat all playoff?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Wasn't that Johnson-Point-Palat all playoff?

Started that way, they went with Gourde after and Palat with Kucherov and Stamkos when Miller got demoted. I believe that's why they started the season together, that was our only effective line against Washington.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Anyone see this guy last night?

nn0bhb10o8g21.jpg

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Poor guy. Not only is he still grieving 15 years later, but he wasted $300 on that monstrosity.

Fun story in 04 I made a lot of bets with coworkers about the finals. Those poor Flames fans and their money were soon departed. In the end with the money I won I bought a jersey and put Stanley Cup 04 on it and wore it to work almost everyday that summer.

5C5VjhA.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->