GDT: 2/12/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Calgary vs Tampa Bay

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
That. Was. Fun. :vhappy:

Good solid game.

Am worried about one thing, though. Sergachev blocked a shot late in the third period and headed off to the bench in pain while not putting much weight on his right foot. :(

Hopefully it was just a stinger and not anything serious. :puppy:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
That. Was. Fun. :vhappy:

Good solid game.

Am worried about one thing, though. Sergachev blocked a shot late in the third period and headed off to the bench in pain while not putting much weight on his right foot. :(

Hopefully it was just a stinger and not anything serious. :puppy:
Meh - him sitting for awhile isn't the worst thing in the world. He's been bad lately.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
A few notes from your truly

JT Miller has made the power play so much better. He is lights out right now, been saying to put him on the PP for a while, just goes to show how much smarter I am then you.

Stamkos made some very nice defensive plays tonight. He is doing it all out there. Kucherov-Stamkos should be kept in the oven with that pizza for a while, we need Stamkos to carry his own line.

Callahan is playing better then Erne right now imo, and not even that Erne is bad, just that Callahan is playing better. Maybe the rest is good for him, maybe he needs to play more, I really dont know. But it is good to see him going.

Also Yanni Gourde is back. I have been saying Gourde and Point should be reunited for like ever dudes. Gosh I am smart

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Big win. Stammer has elevated his game from post injury . Point is a legit number one center. Kucherov is our best player. Miller improved the PP. I hope Sergy is ok, but he may need a few days to rest .

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
A few notes from your truly

JT Miller has made the power play so much better. He is lights out right now, been saying to put him on the PP for a while, just goes to show how much smarter I am then you.

Stamkos made some very nice defensive plays tonight. He is doing it all out there. Kucherov-Stamkos should be kept in the oven with that pizza for a while, we need Stamkos to carry his own line.

Callahan is playing better then Erne right now imo, and not even that Erne is bad, just that Callahan is playing better. Maybe the rest is good for him, maybe he needs to play more, I really dont know. But it is good to see him going.

Also Yanni Gourde is back. I have been saying Gourde and Point should be reunited for like ever dudes. Gosh I am smart

You basically copied me from a month ago. I'll take the credit.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You basically copied me from a month ago. I'll take the credit.
I don't think any of those opinions were terribly unique. Hell, some of them (Miller moved up, Gourde put with Point) were damn close to obvious to everyone but Coop.

I know why Coop did it, I think. Sometimes lines take awhile to gel, and he was giving them enough time to see if they could. They couldn't, and he (correctly) switched them up to some combinations with more proven chemistry. One thing I think Coop is trying to do though - and I notice it more with how Stralman is moved around - I think he's trying to get everyone used to playing with a variety of players, so they have *some* familiarity in case of an injury in the playoffs. You know you can put Kucherov anywhere and he'll score. Point can play with pretty much anyone too. But beyond that, getting the entire roster familiar with each other may save some growing pains in the postseason.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad