GDT: 2/12/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Game that Tampa does NOT deserve to lose.
We're much better than Toronto and also tonight we've shown it, playing a good game without 2 d-men and with our goalie that was not so good.
See you tomorrow.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Hell of a game for Erne. Shame that all signs point to us moving him soon. Time to trim the fat on this team, lot of dudes out there with no fire

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Well TJ you had 4 chances tonight, but after reading page #9 I feel like it was Namestnikov's fault :laugh:

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Vas saved us some points this season, and tonight he cost us some. Weak goals tonight.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Can't say I'm surprised at the goaltending tonight. OP just had to... HAD TO put Holmqvist up there and Vasy went and decided to play just like him

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Well, at least Kucherov padded his Art Ross lead, even though he didn't play particularly well.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Salty leafs fans being poor winners. Those wins when you're team isn't as good as the losing team aren't as satisfying, but they're still better then losing.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Vasi plays average we win 3-2. Vasi plays better than average and it's a shutout. Shame.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Vasy let in a couple softies but man is our team a bunch of pushovers. Little to no presence physically. I think a big part of it is so many players for stretches of each game just go through the motions. Vlad is one of them, Killorn is another minus his last 5 games (as a whole), and then there's some suspect defense.

Im not comfortable with Ser-pinch-a-chev being on the 2nd pairing at the moment. He had some amazing plays put there tonight but he was walked and out of position several times. Something needs to change on the backend. Fast.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Hate the leaves. I'm sure their fans are chest thumping like always. Acting like they just won a cup. Vasy did not look very good and we played like crap for 30 minutes.

Disappointing loss. We're a much better team. Coop needs to start getting these guys going. We peaked too early IMHO. Get it back. Anything less than the ECF and Coop should hit the bricks.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Leafs still aren't a contender don't @ me till that blue line gets better

:)

Nylander and Matthews had outstanding games. Their line burned 5/6 of our defensemen, including Hedman. Only Strålman was able to keep up, ending with a +2 in a loss. o_O

But it's not just on our d-men and goalie. There were a bunch of times when the forwards totally forgot about playing team defense.

Reactions: Felstead

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Nylander and Matthews had outstanding games. Their line burned 5/6 of our defensemen, including Hedman. Only Strålman was able to keep up, ending with a +2 in a loss. o_O

But it's not just on our d-men and goalie. There were a bunch of times when the forwards totally forgot about playing team defense.

Nylander and Matthews were great, seemed invisible in the 3rd tho. But Kuch was also garbage until the 3rd.

McDonagh can't get here fast enough :sarcasm:

Reactions: DaBolts

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I eint even mad. The 3rd period was exciting, sadly that weak JVR goal brought me down a bit, but still good hockey. 1st and 2nd period were boring. I think a playoff matchup against the Leafs would be the best 1st round matchup possible.

I ain't either. It would be a heck of a matchup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad