GDT: 2/12/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Nashville VS Tampa Bay

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Hey, just saw that in all the craziness of this game I past 10.000 posts.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Stamkos say that the goal was the most clean look he's had in a while and I agree, it's been a while since he was able to shoot like that.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Late PP and 3-on-3 OT saved two points tonight. Deserved zero. Since Monday, the collective puck handling and defensive zone play has been a nightmare. Nashville scored two goals in the 3rd before the Lightning had even registered a single shot on net in the other direction. It was putrid. Tonight was a perfect microcosm of how Nashville is where they currently are - that's a very solid team they have built, but they've undermined themselves all season and have cost themselves points in the process. 1-6 now in OT, and Rinne's still not playing at nearly the level he generally plays at.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
One minute you hate the guy as soon as he does something good you love him, pick a side.

Lol no no I don't want him for 12 per year lol. It's 9.7 or hit the highway but stammer I truly hope he stays. Like i said I'd like him to stay but if it costs us palat or kucherov no thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Lol no no I don't want him for 12 per year lol. It's 9.7 or hit the highway but stammer I truly hope he stays. Like i said I'd like him to stay but if it costs us palat or kucherov no thanks.

9.7 with his play the last three years? That doesn't even take into account the possibility of the cap going down or stagnating for a long time. 7.7 maybe.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
9.7 with his play the last three years? That doesn't even take into account the possibility of the cap going down or stagnating for a long time. 7.7 maybe.

He's probably worth what he is making now. The only reason why he is getting more is because he's Steven Stamkos.

If he wasn't the number one overall pick and was playing like he has the last few years he wouldn't be getting 9-12 mil.

7.5 sounds like the number that you would be getting with him but in reality he will be getting paid like he's a 9-12 mil player.

A guy that puts teams on his backs and wills them to win. If he did what he did tonight on an almost game basis (obviously not scoring game tying goals with a minute left every night) then he would be worth that pay.

He's going to get paid that much because he is a good guy. A great face of the franchise and popular guy but besides tonight he hasn't been a guy to will our team to wins.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He's probably worth what he is making now. The only reason why he is getting more is because he's Steven Stamkos.

If he wasn't the number one overall pick and was playing like he has the last few years he wouldn't be getting 9-12 mil.

7.5 sounds like the number that you would be getting with him but in reality he will be getting paid like he's a 9-12 mil player.

A guy that puts teams on his backs and wills them to win. If he did what he did tonight on an almost game basis (obviously not scoring game tying goals with a minute left every night) then he would be worth that pay.

He's going to get paid that much because he is a good guy. A great face of the franchise and popular guy but besides tonight he hasn't been a guy to will our team to wins.
Very good valid points and indeed all true

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Was it just me or did Stamkos have several really awkward turnovers? Despite all the shots, I didn't think he was having a good game until he saved us in the 3rd. That kind of trumped everything else.

Victor Hedman has 16 points in his last 16 games.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
if we win 8 str8 cups ill give him 12 million on the next contract

on this one not a prayer

Retweeted Santi (@TBLDiehard):
Additional good news: Wings lost a shootout, Cats lost, Habs lost, and the Bolts are back in the Atlantic Top 3 due to Tiebreaks

thats good!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Was it just me or did Stamkos have several really awkward turnovers? Despite all the shots, I didn't think he was having a good game until he saved us in the 3rd. That kind of trumped everything else.

I think he only had 2 shots until that final flurry. It was not a good game at all except for the desperation at the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad