GDT: 2/11/13 - "Southleast Reunion" Florida Panthers@Washington Capitals 7PM, FS-F/CSN-DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
It's time we stop analyzing specific details in our game to look for an answer as to why we are so bad.

Especially because we don't do anything well. Nothing. Not a single thing. Even our PP was good last year. This year, everything this team does, shooting, passing, breakouts, defense, puck handling, system, effort, goaltending, the list goes on. We do everything really poorly.

This entire team and roster needs a facelift. There really is no reason for more than 4 or 5 guys from this current squad to be on this team by the end of the season.

Trade them all for draft picks or whatever anyone can give us. The majority of our team is worthless at the NHL level at this point.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Weeks ago? We are 4 weeks into he season... Don't agree with your assesment that it may be too late... did you want to make all these changes 2 weeks into the season?

Yes, I honestly did. Besides certain periods (literally) in certain games, I don't think we've seen a complete game from this team yet this season where they played with passion and effort to get a win. You can maybe include the Pens game, but we were playing a goaltender in his first NHL game. The point is, we can't blame injuries this season compared to last and I have foreseen this kind of playing since the second game of the season.

Too many veterans like Versteeg, Campbell, etc that were huge parts of the success two years ago are playing with limited effort it seems and lack of decisions when having the puck. It's been going on basically since the season started and I even said two weeks ago while at the game vs. the Wild that some kind of change needs to be made. Unfortunately, I don't see anything changing for the better anytime soon with this mentality. Either it's a mental issue, Dineen has lost the players, or they don't want to be here anymore.

While I didn't expect the team to be good this season, I expected most of these guys to at least play like they want to win a game. On paper, they are not a terrible team. It's not their record. It's a lack of playing to win. They had four days off before the game last night, yet they played like they've played for four days in a row. It's up to management to change something around before it gets too late. Statistically, it's not too late since we have 69 more games to go, but I don't think anyone sees this team in the state it's played so far this season finish anywhere but at the bottom.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
It was also sad to see the effort vs a team that just recently thrashed us... You'd expect some sort of revenge, but nah we just got shut out .. At least the flyers yesterday showed done emotion

Erick*

I'm rooting for the Capitals to embarrass them. Hopefully it leads to some changes.

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
I'd love to chirp in tonight and talk about how they should fire Dineen; however, my Miami Hurricanes are playing FSUcks and that's more important.

A lot more.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Why does this site now started to always autoplay videos ? My god. It started playing all 4 game highlights at the same time

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 4m
I wouldnt be shocked if Versteeg was in the pressbox tonight. His minutes have been dropping. #FlaPanthers

Hoping he is....

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Sounds good to me.

Steve Goldstein ‏@goldieonice 48s
Big #FlaPanthers lineup changes. Looks like Whitney, Upshall, Barch in for Gilroy, Bergenheim, Versteeg tonight.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Steve Goldstein ‏@goldieonice 24s
#FlaPanthers tonight in Washington 11-16-14. 18-57-82. 17-27-19. 21-23-24. 77-51. 7-43. 44-6. 30.

Tonight's lineup.

Erick*

Why was Bergenheim scratched? Has he not played well lately? I did not watch last night's game.

Edit: And I thought Gilroy was looking pretty good. These guys must have been bad last night.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Why was Bergenheim scratched? Has he not played well lately? I did not watch last night's game.

Edit: And I thought Gilroy was looking pretty good. These guys must have been bad last night.

Maybe precautionary for Bergy since it's his first back to back game in 2 years.

WildFinn*

Sorry if this is a stupid question but why are you not playing Matthias with Barkov and Versteeg? :huh:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Gilroy wasn't very good yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->