3 Stars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Couple things:
On the side of caution, it must be stated ottawa is a complete **** hole. Mika is a god, panarin to me is like a guy you put on the ice, say we need a goal and he says now? Okay. Buch is riding that line to the playoffs from what it seems. Switch strome with names or lias, kakko cant get in because strome cant enter their zone. Thought our d plyes good against their baby team, dumb brady and fox looked good together. Hajek should be first pair, hes one who benefits from having a good partner. Deangelo was active zs always, just didnt show on the score sheet. ALSO MIKA IS A GOD. i have to say it again lol.

Drinking or lack of sleep?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm going to say it. Georgie should be the one playing 50 games this year and the King with 32. I thought this before the pre-season and I feel even more strongly. Nothing against Hank but I think him playing around 30 games would maximize the best that he still has left and he would be much more refreshed each time out.

Georgie is ready to take on a bigger load and this is the time to do it.

Hopefully Quinn and the rest of the mngt team see this as well and slowly but surely has this passing of the torch comes to be.

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
vKDk1Qr.png

GOAT

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I'm going to say it. Georgie should be the one playing 50 games this year and the King with 32. I thought this before the pre-season and I feel even more strongly. Nothing against Hank but I think him playing around 30 games would maximize the best that he still has left and he would be much more refreshed each time out.

Georgie is ready to take on a bigger load and this is the time to do it.

Hopefully Quinn and the rest of the mngt team see this as well and slowly but surely has this passing of the torch comes to be.

why do this lol, Georgie just faced one of the worst forwards corps the NHL has iced in the last decade..

Wheeler's line alone had as many scoring chances as we faced as a team tonight

Reactions: romba

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Two awesome games in a row from Mika. Trouba's the best defenseman we've had a while. Panarin almost never makes a bad play. He always knows where everyone is. Georgiev is the real deal. (Igor by the way won his AHL debut tonight).

All that said Ottawa is not very good--that said though you've got to take even the not very good teams seriously or they'll beat you. Rangers did a good job of taking them seriously tonight. Staal had a good game tonight by the way--a lot of blocks.

.......oh yeah the power play looks great and two shorthanded goals already.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kreider-Strome-Kakko line is so disjointed, zero chemistry whatsoever
Kreider has been skating around like a headless chicken

I don't like Strome in the middle of those two. He can hardly keep up with Kakko let alone Kreider and I don't hate Strome. He's alright as a 3rd line guy but he's holding back that line. Not that it's guaranteed to work but I'd try Lias with Kreider and Kakko.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I don't like Strome in the middle of those two. He can hardly keep up with Kakko let alone Kreider and I don't hate Strome. He's alright as a 3rd line guy but he's holding back that line. Not that it's guaranteed to work but I'd try Lias with Kreider and Kakko.
Lias would definitely be an improvement and he probably deserves the look based on his camp but he’s not regarded as the best skater either. I think Namestnikov is the best player to put between them as he’s a great skater and is elite at zone entries

stonec

Nov 21, 2011
Hell i'd rather have Namestnikov center the 2nd line. he can't finish to save his life but he's at least noticeable out there, he can enter the zone

Namestnikov doesn't do face-offs, or well, he did 50 last year and won 40% of them. No way to have a guy with such face-off talent or lack thereof centering the second line.

Kakko and Strome didn't play much together in the pre-season, so I'd wait a few more games to see how the chemistry develops.

Last edited:

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

Something little I didn't notice during the game--on ZBad's shorty, watch Lias's reaction. He's a kid trying to work his way up the lineup. He busted his hump to get into the play, and put himself into a perfect position of a tap in. When Mika takes the shot himself, it would have been so easy (and so human) to be a little irked. But Lias has a Prucha-level smile on his face. Again--it's just a little thing, but that's the kind of stuff I love to see on a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad