GDT: 2/10/22 - 9:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
We paid an awful first half of the game.
The tihrd period was the best one tonight but it's not enough.
On to the next one!!!

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If Tampa can't start games well against good teams, this will be the result all too often. Of course their G made some nice stops, but the first 10-15 minutes cost them the game. It's been a problem in more than a few of their regulation losses this year.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
That first period really hurt us. Just couldn't shake off the rust fast enough.

Big turn around now going from one of the best teams in the nhl to one of the worst. Gotta be mentally prepared for Arizona tomorrow.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Points line was the best on the ice but the Avalanche are deeper upfront and that’s without McKinnon.

Fun game though, no doubt this would be a hell of a series.

Lightning have a chance to go for 3 in a row, need a top line forward. Coop breaking up the 2nd line so Coltons line doesn’t get killed is telling

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Points line was the best on the ice but the Avalanche are deeper upfront and that’s without McKinnon.

Fun game though, no doubt this would be a hell of a series.

Lightning have a chance to go for 3 in a row, need a top line forward. Coop breaking up the 2nd line so Coltons line doesn’t get killed is telling
If the Jets end up sellers, Copp could be a nice add. It would take double retention and one additional cap clearing move(Raddysh and Foote+picks for Copp and depth RD maybe). There are a few other guys that are either RFA or have term, like Crouse and McCann(doubtful but one could hope), but a couple deals to get something like Copp and one of Justin Braun or Luke Schenn might be doable with retention/double retention.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Top 9, not top line
Right, I agree, but Copp could potentially be acquired with double retention. He would be a great add on either the 2nd or 3rd line. If he's too much, Crouse, Jarnkrok, maybe Brassard are some others that may be available that cost less.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Against skilled fast teams please for the love of all that is good and holy check the puck carrier. Even on a 2-1. We gave Colorado too much time and space with the puck. They are very talented, would not be surprised to see them in the finals.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Right, I agree, but Copp could potentially be acquired with double retention. He would be a great add on either the 2nd or 3rd line. If he's too much, Crouse, Jarnkrok, maybe Brassard are some others that may be available that cost less.

I mean a guy like Jankrok would be a nice add. Good middle 6 winger, played C in the past and can PK. I wouldn't normally have an issue trading a 2nd for him. But the problem is that we would need to trade the 2nd, his value, plus Katchouk, roster spot and capspace, plus 3rd, retention buy Seattle, plus 4th, retention by 3rd team, to fit him in. So you're paying a 2nd + 3rd + 4th + Katchouk for someone. It'll be the same with any of these guys. Unless they make enough to where a Katchouk plus pick swap works we will be throwing away extra picks and also giving Katchouk away. Katchouk may never become more than a 4th liner but I think he can still become useful and is cheap.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I mean a guy like Jankrok would be a nice add. Good middle 6 winger, played C in the past and can PK. I wouldn't normally have an issue trading a 2nd for him. But the problem is that we would need to trade the 2nd, his value, plus Katchouk, roster spot and capspace, plus 3rd, retention buy Seattle, plus 4th, retention by 3rd team, to fit him in. So you're paying a 2nd + 3rd + 4th + Katchouk for someone. It'll be the same with any of these guys. Unless they make enough to where a Katchouk plus pick swap works we will be throwing away extra picks and also giving Katchouk away. Katchouk may never become more than a 4th liner but I think he can still become useful and is cheap.
Yeah, I guess it depends on how much in futures/young players the team is willing to move to try and maximize the chance at the 3 peat. If there's one injury on the right side, I hope that if they don't make a trade, they try Darren Raddysh at 3LD and move Serg to the right, as Foote playing any kind of playoff minutes is a recipe for disaster. I think they could go a little all in for the F in Copp(if available) for a 1st+Raddysh or Katchouk. Copp would likely draw interest from multiple teams, so Tampa may or may not want to get involved. Foote could still probably get moved for a 2nd+mid pick or B prospect, and then the team could go after a RD like Schenn, Braun or Lyubushkin maybe. If a F ufa isn't the course, someone with term like Crouse could be interesting.

It's definitely going to be pricey, as overall it would probably cost 3 picks plus Foote and one of Katchouk/Raddysh, but if the trades were optimal, Tampa would return back a 2nd, another mid pick or prospect, and at least one player with the extra year. Tampa looks to have 2 great lines, one solid line with Maroon, Perry and PEB, but the kids line isn't good enough against quality opponents. Maybe JBB rides with the F group they have and Coop will just blend the lines to spread out the vets with young guys, but a depth RD does seem fairly important. It looks like it could be a buyers market this year, so that might also work in Tampa's favor.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yeah, I guess it depends on how much in futures/young players the team is willing to move to try and maximize the chance at the 3 peat. If there's one injury on the right side, I hope that if they don't make a trade, they try Darren Raddysh at 3LD and move Serg to the right, as Foote playing any kind of playoff minutes is a recipe for disaster. I think they could go a little all in for the F in Copp(if available) for a 1st+Raddysh or Katchouk. Copp would likely draw interest from multiple teams, so Tampa may or may not want to get involved. Foote could still probably get moved for a 2nd+mid pick or B prospect, and then the team could go after a RD like Schenn, Braun or Lyubushkin maybe. If a F ufa isn't the course, someone with term like Crouse could be interesting.

It's definitely going to be pricey, as overall it would probably cost 3 picks plus Foote and one of Katchouk/Raddysh, but if the trades were optimal, Tampa would return back a 2nd, another mid pick or prospect, and at least one player with the extra year. Tampa looks to have 2 great lines, one solid line with Maroon, Perry and PEB, but the kids line isn't good enough against quality opponents. Maybe JBB rides with the F group they have and Coop will just blend the lines to spread out the vets with young guys, but a depth RD does seem fairly important. It looks like it could be a buyers market this year, so that might also work in Tampa's favor.

Last year we spent a 1st + 3rd for Savard and he played just 14 minutes a night. Sure the result was what we wanted so it didn't matter in the end but that's not great asset management. Schenn played just 8 games and 9 minutes a game, doubt he's getting 14 minutes every night. Bogosian played 20 games and 17:40 2 years ago, if healthy he's the Savard replacement. Foote, while not liked, can be the Schenn who plays less than 10 minutes and less than 10 games when we go 11/7. Last year Joseph only played 6 games and Colton 10 minutes a night. We can give both guys a bigger role on the 4th line and go 11/7 to double shift Stamkos, Point or Kucherov more. Doesn't hurt to try Raddysh or Katchouk a few games too. We are going to ride our top 6 and big 4 anyway with the vet line sprinkled in. Spending several assets on someone who'll be 4th line forward or 3rd pair D just makes no sense. If an injury happens then that changes but for no I'd keep it how it is.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Last year we spent a 1st + 3rd for Savard and he played just 14 minutes a night. Sure the result was what we wanted so it didn't matter in the end but that's not great asset management. Schenn played just 8 games and 9 minutes a game, doubt he's getting 14 minutes every night. Bogosian played 20 games and 17:40 2 years ago, if healthy he's the Savard replacement. Foote, while not liked, can be the Schenn who plays less than 10 minutes and less than 10 games when we go 11/7. Last year Joseph only played 6 games and Colton 10 minutes a night. We can give both guys a bigger role on the 4th line and go 11/7 to double shift Stamkos, Point or Kucherov more. Doesn't hurt to try Raddysh or Katchouk a few games too. We are going to ride our top 6 and big 4 anyway with the vet line sprinkled in. Spending several assets on someone who'll be 4th line forward or 3rd pair D just makes no sense. If an injury happens then that changes but for no I'd keep it how it is.
For a 4th line F sure, but in the preceding example, if Copp could be acquired, he's the type that makes the top 6/9 that much more dangerous. It's a long shot for sure but interesting to think about. I know there was a little talk about Crouse earlier, and at least with someone like him or maybe Jarnkrok, the team would probably have them after this year(Crouse for sure of course). Since Tampa has to move roster players out to bring anyone in, it does seem less likely, but there could still be one add without too much loss of futures, if the team felt it was the right fit.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
For a 4th line F sure, but in the preceding example, if Copp could be acquired, he's the type that makes the top 6/9 that much more dangerous. It's a long shot for sure but interesting to think about. I know there was a little talk about Crouse earlier, and at least with someone like him or maybe Jarnkrok, the team would probably have them after this year(Crouse for sure of course). Since Tampa has to move roster players out to bring anyone in, it does seem less likely, but there could still be one add without too much loss of futures, if the team felt it was the right fit.

Who is Copp replacing in the top 6? The top 6 is set and isn't changing, the only thing that might change is they move Stamkos up and Palat down occasionally. He would be a great 3rd line add but it seems like the vet line is here to stay and they work well together. Cooper has trust in them so they'll get their minutes, especially playoff time when the style changes and they are perfect for that. So again Copp would be on the 4th line with Colton and Joseph most likely. That could be a good line but I have my doubts Cooper will use them more than sparingly, so seems like a bad use of assets.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Who is Copp replacing in the top 6? The top 6 is set and isn't changing, the only thing that might change is they move Stamkos up and Palat down occasionally. He would be a great 3rd line add but it seems like the vet line is here to stay and they work well together. Cooper has trust in them so they'll get their minutes, especially playoff time when the style changes and they are perfect for that. So again Copp would be on the 4th line with Colton and Joseph most likely. That could be a good line but I have my doubts Cooper will use them more than sparingly, so seems like a bad use of assets.
I’m not sure the 2nd line is totally set. Seems like Coop May be searching for a shutdown line with Cirelli as the anchor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad