GDT: 2/10/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Los Angeles vs Tampa Bay

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
47 shots on goal by LA. Who were coming off a back to back.

I mean LA was better. A lot better.

We had them dead to rights for 2 periods and were outplaying them in every facet of the game. The game looked much closer than it really was because we were outshot 20-4 in the 3rd because we sat on the lead and took our foot off the gas.

Reactions: Master P and berlin

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
We had them dead to rights for 2 periods and were outplaying them in every facet of the game. The game looked much closer than it really was because we were outshot 20-4 in the 3rd because we sat on the lead and took our foot off the gas.
47 shots for three periods. That’s a lot. Don’t fool yourselves.

Vassy can carry this team to a cup with a little help. Very disappointed with this performance.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
LA with a 22-15 scoring chance advantage. That’s a material edge. In our building. Off a back to back.

Dominating.

Vassy is the man.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
47 shots for three periods. That’s a lot. Don’t fool yourselves.

Vassy can carry this team to a cup with a little help. Very disappointed with this performance.

You are looking way.... WAAAAYYYY too hard at the box score and not at the game.

Our PP had them running in circles all night, we opened the game hound dogging their net, Quick had to make big saves and the biggest non PP related surge the Kings had all night was when they had the puck in our zone during our delayed penalty for a minute or so and fired over and over again. If you want a true choke job watch what the Red Wings blow a 5-2 lead in less than 5 minutes while giving up 4 PPG's on a major penalty by Bertuzzi. The Lightning got sloppy (and therefore out shot) and caught a bad break on a double deflection.

The takeaway is that we need to stop getting sloppy, not that there's this huge issue with us defensively. Our only really big defensive issues came in the 3rd. If I'm concerned about anything it is in particular to how many times we failed to clear our zone after getting possession and taking stupid penalties.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
After that circus save on Kopitar I thought it'd be awhile before I saw something as amazing. It took 2 periods. The circus save was amazing, but the more difficult one was the potential game tying goal off of Kempe's redirect. Given the situation and the stakes and the momentum, just incredible.

If any goalie has earned a better performance in front of him, it's Vasy. FFS that's 3 straight games where we've relied on goaltending to save us in "Garbage Time". Giving up 46 shots against is not a recipe for continued success.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This team just doesn't shot enough, especially on the PP. We had 4 PP's with one being for 5 minutes and we got 6 shots on net, they had 3 PP's and got 9. We pass way too much to get the perfect shot or Stamkos and Hedman miss the net. A lot of neutral zone turnovers by the forwards led to extended zone time for them too. I think the defense did fine tonight, they had a lot of shots but it wasn't because they took advantage of poor defensive play. Hopefully Yzerman doesn't think we need a major upgrade back there.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Vasy deserved all 3 fricking Stars tonight!!

That was not one of Heddy's best games. :(

I am now officially adding the Kings to my despised team list to go with the Bruins and Red Wings. Nasty team with some nasty fans sitting near me.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Steve - for god sakes, please swing a trade for McD as soon as freaking possible.

Give the kid some help on the back end....

Reactions: DaBolts

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Steve - for god sakes, please swing a trade for McD as soon as freaking possible.

Give the kid some help on the back end....

Why do we need McDonagh, how did tonight's game show that, the shot total? They were shooting from everywhere and we invited pressure with sloppy play in the 3rd. The 1st goal was a bad turnover by Paquette who couldn't get back in time, the 3rd was a double deflection, McDonagh isn't helping on either. The 2nd was a weird sequence where Vasilevskiy was rattled by a shot and they had a good screen in front. I'm all for getting a defensive upgrade but not at the cost of 4 or 5 pieces.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Why do we need McDonagh, how did tonight's game show that, the shot total? They were shooting from everywhere and we invited pressure with sloppy play in the 3rd. The 1st goal was a bad turnover by Paquette who couldn't get back in time, the 3rd was a double deflection, McDonagh isn't helping on either. The 2nd was a weird sequence where Vasilevskiy was rattled by a shot and they had a good screen in front. I'm all for getting a defensive upgrade but not at the cost of 4 or 5 pieces.
Ok

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Another piss poor defensive effort. I don't see how any trade is going to drastically change this problem. Who are we going to bring in that is going to lower our SA/G by 10-15? Just not gonna happen. The team is playing terrible team defense. Fixing that is priority over spending assets to bring someone else in.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
How many games did Kuch go without a power play goal before scoring on that major? Must've been like 40 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad