GDT: 2/10/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
Nostalgia has set in. Youtube Artyukhin, enjoy. (Love that moment against Ottawa when he just ripped the helmet off Vermette and smashed it on his head) :nod:

Hahaa, I was at that game! XO Club tickets too... Artyukhin just snapped there, as usual. After the refs pulled him away from the scrum he grabbed the zebra by his shirt, pulled his fist back and only then realized what he was about to do. That guy is a nutjob.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Does anybody feel that our tough guy/fighter situation still isnt resolved? I wish Artyukhin and Roy would come back. its a stretch with Roy as I was a big fan...but Artyukhin is an ideal 3rd/4th liner. Miss him :cry:

Arty was ****in' terrible. I don't know why people think he was so good or ideal.

Hes a terrible goddamned hockey player.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
STOP SHATTERING MY DREAMS! :laugh: Correct, unfortunately. guy had speed and size, if he would've worked on his game here, he'd have given Lucic a big run for his money for the best power forward in the league.

As much as I hate Lucic he could have worked on his game 24/7/365 and still would not be able to carry Lucic's jock strap no less become the best power forward in the league. Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard LOL!

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Arty was ****in' terrible. I don't know why people think he was so good or ideal.

Hes a terrible goddamned hockey player.

Not really, he was big, fast and had decent hands, he just wasnt smart. He could've been a pretty good player but he didnt use his head in certain situations. I really think he could've been a solid 3rd liner in his career but we'll never know :(

Hahaa, I was at that game! XO Club tickets too... Artyukhin just snapped there, as usual. After the refs pulled him away from the scrum he grabbed the zebra by his shirt, pulled his fist back and only then realized what he was about to do. That guy is a nutjob.

Haha nice! yeah that was a moment I'll never forget. :)

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
As much as I hate Lucic he could have worked on his game 24/7/365 and still would not be able to carry Lucic's jock strap no less become the best power forward in the league. Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard LOL!

Take a look at his play(as in his ability) in the KHL. Look at his coast to coaster in Atlanta, and the goals he scored here. Lucic isnt all that either, he has a good shot and he's effective at forechecking but other than that, shooting and skating wise, he didnt have much more than what Arty had/has.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
If Artyukhin had even a touch of hockey sense and discipline I would have loved him as a bottom six guy. Given his speed and physical game he probably would have seen some time on the top lines as well.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Stopped watching after the first so I could tune into The Walking Dead. I would have watched the game, but it was clear how it would turn out.

Gotta turn it around fast.

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
If Artyukhin had even a touch of hockey sense and discipline I would have loved him as a bottom six guy.

More hockey sense and less crazy. Did you see that video of him about a month ago screwing up that Finnish guy's eye on his way to his third suspension of the season? To me he seems like one of those people who just go nuts with no ability to control themselves.

WeedCrimes

#Yzerteam
Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Really? He has been terrible on the road this season, granted the whole team has but he's been the worst to me.

I know that +/- is a 'meh' stat to measure by, but look in the league basement for +/-

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20132ALLSASAll&viewName=summary&sort=plusMinus&pg=23

Now, a lot of the defensemen in the bottom for +/- have notched a couple points at least, but Mr. Lee sure hasn't.

He was a bust in Ottawa, and he's still a bust here.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Artyukhin is a spot picker and less willing but he can fight. He'd do fine against Labrie, who is no world-beater.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
As critical as I am about Nacho he can actually fight unlike Arty, and doesn't get penalized every shift.

Lol...what? Labrie can fight and Artyukhin cant? You're kidding right?

And Labrie doesnt get penalties, you're correct, but he hasnt done ****** all when called up. He plays 4-5mins a game and plays worse than our giveaway machines. You think he'd be fired up but no, not at all, he's thrown maybe 1-2 hits that are effective, bring up Tyrell and let Labrie sit another year in Syracuse. I know Im harsh but he annoys me, maybe cause he looks so much like Malone, who also annoys me. Blame Malone. :laugh:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I know that +/- is a 'meh' stat to measure by, but look in the league basement for +/-

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20132ALLSASAll&viewName=summary&sort=plusMinus&pg=23

Now, a lot of the defensemen in the bottom for +/- have notched a couple points at least, but Mr. Lee sure hasn't.

He was a bust in Ottawa, and he's still a bust here.

I wouldn't call him a bust, he has been a disappointment for where he was drafted. What I was saying is the past 4 games he's played better than Brewer IMO. Lee has been out there a few times when the forwards made some bad passes or didn't backcheck. Brewer hasn't been physical or made good decisions in our own zone.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Lol...what? Labrie can fight and Artyukhin cant? You're kidding right?

And Labrie doesnt get penalties, you're correct, but he hasnt done ****** all when called up. He plays 4-5mins a game and plays worse than our giveaway machines. You think he'd be fired up but no, not at all, he's thrown maybe 1-2 hits that are effective, bring up Tyrell and let Labrie sit another year in Syracuse. I know Im harsh but he annoys me, maybe cause he looks so much like Malone, who also annoys me. Blame Malone. :laugh:

No, Arty really cannot fight. He fought guys like Bill Guerin, Tom Kostopolous, Ville Pelthonen, and Jim Vandermeer. He fought ****ing nobodies.

On a good day, we could probably all put Ville down.

If we're comparing the two, its a wash. I'm not arguing anyone is better than the other, but I certainly don't want 76 back. He could skate and that was about it. He couldn't hit right and would mostly board people.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
No, Arty really cannot fight. He fought guys like Bill Guerin, Tom Kostopolous, Ville Pelthonen, and Jim Vandermeer. He fought ****ing nobodies.

Vandermeer is tough, and Artyukhin also beat guys like Tarnasky and Thorburn. Plus, his only losses came to guys who are better fighters than Labrie. To say "Arty really cannot fight" is a tad ridiculous imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad