GDT: 2/10/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
5-1 and now 6-5, something needs to be done. Split Stamkos and St. Louis since they obviously aren't playing well, a change needs to be made ASAP.

Well it's hard to score without shooting and neither wants to shoot the ****ing puck. Boucher and the coaching staff apparently haven't noticed or said ****.

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Even last year with knowing we wouldn't make the playoffs, just hoping Stamkos would get to 50 and 60 was exciting. Now we're losing and Stamkos isn't doing anything, it's just depressing to watch.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
No heart, no structure, top line continues to assist the opposition in scoring goals against, goal tending can be counted on for 1-2 soft goals a night, the D gives very little help to the goalies.

Hedman only bright spot on team imo.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
No heart, no structure, top line continues to assist the opposition in scoring goals against, goal tending can be counted on for 1-2 soft goals a night, the D gives very little help to the goalies.

Hedman only bright spot on team imo.

I thought Killorn looked okay. He had some intensity - although that could just be in comparison to the rest of the team.

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
There's always a bright side to things. Yes we're in a MAJOR slump right now and that needs to come to an end Tuesday. But looking at the division Carolina has a game in hand and down a point, so if they won that game they'd have a point above. That puts us, them, Winnipeg and Florida at 11 games played (Caps have 12) and realistically close to each other. This season isn't over yet but we need to pull things together pronto.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I thought Killorn looked okay. He had some intensity - although that could just be in comparison to the rest of the team.

Killorn didn't look bad. He hustled. The fact that a kid in his first game looked good having no practice in the "system"(I use this term loosely), says a lot about this team at this point in the season.

We're watching some **** hockey. NZ is so bad for us it's comically bad.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
This is some really putrid hockey we are playing. However, Killorn looked good. A nice addition to the line up. Maybe we just need to come home to find the scoring touch again.

TheThunderYears

100% Cap Compliant
Aug 20, 2007
The Filthy South
Nacho doesnt even know how to time entry into the OZ properly.

This play sums of Nacho. We're down two at that point and he's got a 2 on 2 chance with a streaking Hall. With the way it's been going, you know Hall is going to try to push the edge and get a low puck on net. A rebound is imminent. This is the kind of goal you need to break losing streaks! Crash the net Nacho! Instead, "oh yeah I forgot about offsides durrrr"

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but Boucher has GOT to go! There is no structure to this team at all. On the road is where you really have to have a solid game plan and execute it to perfection and it's no coincidence we've been so bad on the road since Boucher came in. I don't know if it's that he's just a bad coach or that the players don't respect him for some reason...I don't know. All I do know is that Boucher is the root of the problem. Pretty much every problem with this team can be traced back to the lack of coaching (or surprisingly often instance of over-coaching).

Yzlamic Preacher*

Purcie needs to play hockey again. Seriously there are slumps but this is the worst I've seen from him since he started with the bolts. And did Malone even play? Honestly I don't remember seeing him once which leads me to believe he was a scratch today? And why has the whole ****ing team transitioned from just piling on the shots even for bad angles to let's play pass and hopefully the other team doesn't catch on. Garon looked out of position for everything. Like it was his first game in years. Today everyone on that team should be ashamed of themselves.

Hedman was the only one who showed up to play today.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm excited for the infusion of talent coming up from Syracuse that's bound to happen in the next few weeks. Let's hope this is all a part of the Yzerplan

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but Boucher has GOT to go! There is no structure to this team at all. On the road is where you really have to have a solid game plan and execute it to perfection and it's no coincidence we've been so bad on the road since Boucher came in. I don't know if it's that he's just a bad coach or that the players don't respect him for some reason...I don't know. All I do know is that Boucher is the root of the problem. Pretty much every problem with this team can be traced back to the lack of coaching (or surprisingly often instance of over-coaching).

Why would you get flamed for this?

At this point there is no structure, no team identity and moves were made in the off season by the GM and ownership to shore up the weakspots. We got bigger, we got quality D and took a flyer on a big goalie with potential.

Season is far from over. We'll see how the team looks at home. Lord knows we're lucky as hell to be playing in the SE Division though. LOL.

TheThunderYears

100% Cap Compliant
Aug 20, 2007
The Filthy South
Hedman is one of the few bright spots right now. Vinny continues to fight though still looks slowed by his foot injury. Salo is solid and a calming presence. Out of our top guys, those are the only good things I've seen in the past several games.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Why would you get flamed for this?

At this point there is no structure, no team identity and moves were made in the off season by the GM and ownership to shore up the weakspots. We got bigger, we got quality D and took a flyer on a big goalie with potential.

Season is far from over. We'll see how the team looks at home. Lord knows we're lucky as hell to be playing in the SE Division though. LOL.

Because I said Boucher needs to go and that has been a touchy subject in these parts. And that's exactly my point. Management has done it's job to put a winning roster together but the coach isn't doing his part.

I hope we can come out strong at home too, but unfortunately it's pretty impossible to make the playoffs winning 1 of every 4 or 5 on the road.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Because I said Boucher needs to go and that has been a touchy subject in these parts. And that's exactly my point. Management has done it's job to put a winning roster together but the coach isn't doing his part.

I hope we can come out strong at home too, but unfortunately it's pretty impossible to make the playoffs winning 1 of every 4 or 5 on the road.

Not to mention he talked **** to the referees last Rangers game (justified or not) and caused us to give up 2 additional goals (and sealed the game for the Rangers). Plus it didn't give the players the needed morale or intensity boost.

Put the players in a ****ing hotel for home games. Until you win on the road, you don't get to go ****ing 'home'. Plus it will simulate playing on the road.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Whether you guys like to hear this or not. The players are there, the owner is there, the GM is there, but the coach isnt. He hasnt been there.

He is the problem right now, he isnt all to blame of course or even to point fingers at but he needs to get through to these guys, good coaches can do that. Yes he juggles lines, yes his character is great, but as a coach, he needs to take a lead and wake this team up.

I know this is outrageous to say but its true. Everything is there but the coaching isnt. Our powerplay is inexistent anymore. Our defensive coverage and our passing is about as piss poor as you could imagine. Im baffled. I really am. Not sure how a team can change from night and day in a simple road trip. How we havent managed to get 2 pts out of this is beyond me.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Ugh. I started off hopeful, but the team literally deflated. I guess it's natural to see all those odd man rushes get absolutely denied, or not finished. How many? 6 or 7? Something like that? Anyway, that had me hopeful. "Keep plugging boys! We'll have to get some in eventually! Good play, intense!"

But no. The team slowed down it seemed after Garon's goal he got pulled on.

I said it from the beginning, after we won nearly all our home games: "I hope this doesn't translate to poor road play..." Unfortunately, it did. What the hell is it? We are a COMPLETELY different team on the road. Why? What the **** makes it so different?

We didn't look that bad until the third period. Team wasn't hustling as it did before. Stamkos and Marty are literally a liability on the ice, and it really pains me to say so. Also, something that drives me up the wall:

ZONE ENTRY

We play probably 3 quarters, if not MORE of the game in our own end, its ridiculous. We cannot ever get any sustained pressure in the offensive zone. I haven't seen any other team in the league plagued with the same problem. It isn't just this year either, last year, we were horrible at gaining the zone too, and even more so staying there. One poster I noticed said something about the dump and chase routine... Unfortunately, it is what we have to do, because no one can gain entry. I have no idea why. Every team seems to have put the left-wing lock on us, and we can't solve it to save our lives.

Boucher... His PC gave me hope the other day... But now I'm starting to doubt him for the first time. No doubt (I don't live in Tampa, so I didn't see his post-game) his presser tonight will say that We had so many opportunities, and we have had so many opportunities in the past, and its so hard to play on the road, and how we weren't that bad... And on and on, giving us hope. But. But... The thing is, I'm not so sure. Any coach would have noticed the blind passes this team is making. The hope passes. Any coach would have seen the lack of motivation we are all seeing. Any coach would notice how clogged the neutral zone was and adjust his game-plan accordingly. But I feel like Boucher hasn't noticed any of this. Teams evolve their strategy as the game goes on... We stick to the same one.

I really hope Boucher has noticed this and he just doesn't bring it up - but you think it would stop. I'm definitely not saying he needs to be fired or anything, I love Boucher. But I just hope he sees the things we see.

I'm sick of giving up goals to 4th line scrubs. But most of all, I'm sick of losing, especially after the HOT start we had. We know what this team is capable of doing, and it is very depressing to see them lose this badly.

lyk dis if u agree

EDIT: https://soundcloud.com/tblightning/boucher-post-game-2-10-nyr-at

I like what he said. He did say what I said he would say (wat), but he also acknowledges the "hope" plays and trying to "cheat" to win the game.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Don't jump the gun just yet, Boucher has been the best coach we've had since 2004, I'm not going to throw the guy out after a 4 game losing streak and risk another fiasco/blowup from a newhead coach.

Whether you guys like to hear this or not. The players are there, the owner is there, the GM is there, but the coach isnt. He hasnt been there.

Players are there? Stamkos regardless of his point totals has shown up for maybe 2 games this season, likewise with St.louis. Malone is completely invisible every other game, same with Purcell. Conacher is hustling but he can't do everything himself. Not to mention Lecavalier has a bad history of not getting along with his coaches, Boucher really rejuvenated him.

The only players who've shown up this season are the Top-4 D, Conacher, the 4th line, Lecavalier and pouliot.

Last edited:

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Don't jump the gun just yet, Boucher has been the best coach we've had since 2004, I'm not going to throw the guy out after a 4 game losing streak and risk another fiasco/blowup from a newhead coach.

Players are there? Stamkos regardless of his point totals has shown up for maybe 2 games this season, likewise with St.louis. Malone is completely invisible every other game, same with Purcell. Conacher is hustling but he can't do everything himself. Not to mention Lecavalier has a bad history of not getting along with his coaches, Boucher really rejuvenated him.

The only players who've shown up this season are the Top-4 D, Conacher, the 4th line, Lecavalier and pouliot.

Isn't that why we have a coach? It's passed the point of the players "figuring it out". This team is terrible on the road. Something needs to happen; this is a situation for the coach to step in --- and be a coach.

ZONE ENTRY

We play probably 3 quarters, if not MORE of the game in our own end, its ridiculous. We cannot ever get any sustained pressure in the offensive zone. I haven't seen any other team in the league plagued with the same problem. It isn't just this year either, last year, we were horrible at gaining the zone too, and even more so staying there. One poster I noticed said something about the dump and chase routine... Unfortunately, it is what we have to do, because no one can gain entry. I have no idea why. Every team seems to have put the left-wing lock on us, and we can't solve it to save our lives.

Boucher... His PC gave me hope the other day... But now I'm starting to doubt him for the first time. No doubt (I don't live in Tampa, so I didn't see his post-game) his presser tonight will say that We had so many opportunities, and we have had so many opportunities in the past, and its so hard to play on the road, and how we weren't that bad... And on and on, giving us hope. But. But... The thing is, I'm not so sure. Any coach would have noticed the blind passes this team is making. The hope passes. Any coach would have seen the lack of motivation we are all seeing. Any coach would notice how clogged the neutral zone was and adjust his game-plan accordingly. But I feel like Boucher hasn't noticed any of this. Teams evolve their strategy as the game goes on... We stick to the same one.

I agree. I'm not sure if it's the players or Boucher's instructions but we have the weakest fore check, and it's been a problem under Boucher for at least this season and last season. When we play the Penguins, the Flyers, the Rangers, the Devils and almost any other team, they pressure us after we have regained the puck and we turn the puck over because of poor passing and puck handling. They are able to sustain pressure in their offensive zone. But many times we just 'abandon the play' and let the opposing team bring it out of their defensive zone instead of returning the favor.

I remember noting that Bergenheim was the only one willing to forecheck and he actually caused several turnovers when we had him.

I'm not sure if playing less aggressively is a response to our poor defense but the team let's the other team skate the puck up. Then they act surprised when we can't clear the puck. This strategy is fine when we are scoring, but sideways passes on the blue line that are predictable and easy to intercept lead to numbers for the other team.

Anyone else notice a lack of a consistent fore check?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad