2 #1 Franchise 80 point centers vs 2 #1 Norris D

Which would you rather?

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Even as a Preds fan I would lean that way as well, it's close though. Pens showed us how having 2 elite centers wins, but they did need a goalie to stand on his head to do it. Oilers showed us that it has to be 2 elite centers...

Not just the Pens tbf.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The whole pair of Norris #1D thing looks nice on paper and bad in reality when you consider Nashville has lost to teams with strong center depth.

Center is far and away the most important position in hockey and there's really no debate.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Even as a Preds fan I would lean that way as well, it's close though. Pens showed us how having 2 elite centers wins, but they did need a goalie to stand on his head to do it. Oilers showed us that it has to be 2 elite centers...

I think the fact the OP listed "80 point franchise centers" rather than just "franchise centers" changes the dynamic, though.

The Pens wouldn't fit the OP's description, really, because Crosby and Malkin are well above and beyond two centers who will score 80 points in a season, especially at their best.

I took the OP to be specific, as in two centers who score 80 points or less or two defensemen who won the Norris. Otherwise, why even add the 80 point thing to the title?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Kings won a cup with 76 point Kopitar and 44 point Richards and 70 Kopitar and 50 point Carter.
Boston won with 62 point Krejci and 57 point Bergeron.
Chicago won with 66 point Toews and 37 point Richards - and a 68 point Toews with I guess Bolland as the number 2, they didn't have another center break 40 points.
Ducks won with 78 point McDonald and 58 point Getzlaf

Last season McDavid 108 points, Draisaitl 70 points, and RNH played at a 64 points pace. They missed the playoffs.

There's not just one way to win a cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad