GDT: #2 - 01/20/2013 | Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
nope, shoulder to the head...I hate this rule because there is no accountability for keeping your head down, but it is a rule in the nhl...per last season incidents I would expect orpik to get a suspension

That wasn't shoulder to head. It was shoulder to chest. Orpik never left his feet, didn't raise his elbow. Its a clean hit.

Krieder needs to keep his head up.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
nope, shoulder to the head...I hate this rule because there is no accountability for keeping your head down, but it is a rule in the nhl...per last season incidents I would expect orpik to get a suspension

First of all it was clearly to the chest I don't even think it touched his jaw and second his head was quite low when he went to reach the puck. Good hit, sometimes your team makes them and other times it gets them.

Second, that Gaborik-Richards-Nash line looked friggin awesome in the 3rd period. Look fwd to seeing them.

NYRamonte10

Jun 19, 2008

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

Kershaw

Kreider has to keep his head up.

And what's with the trolling CBJ fans? They're getting so cocky after a shootout win.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Orpik throws questionable hits all the time. No one ever holds him accountable. If it was a head shot he would normally get a suspension. However this is the Penguis/Rangers, so the NHLwill probably name Orpik player of the week.

Championship*

Remember how bad we looked the first 4-5 games last year, we were getting points though

We also had 80 games to correct it. Now, only 46 left. We've lost what is tantamount to 8 points. And been thoroughly embarrassed doing so.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
No reason to play the game hard until the horn blows? Serious with this comment? If a Ranger had done that you would be dancing around.

Since when does the person throwing the hit become accountable for the other players positioning? Other than when a player turns his back that is. Orpik had Kreider lined up, Kreider reached and exposed himself. An example I would agree with you on is Adams on McDonagh, in which case Adams probably should have avoided that contact.

there is a headshot rule, if the initial point of contact is the head, its a headshot, unless they took that rule out with the new cba, maybe another angle shows it differently, but it sure looked in slow motion that orpik initially hit kreider in the head....IF I see this again and it is not so, I will apologize for reading it wrong)

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Kreider has to keep his head up.

And what's with the trolling CBJ fans? They're getting so cocky after a shootout win.

What's with us being a bunch of sensitive nancies? They're not trolling lawl. I know we are 0-2 to start the season in which many of us have high expectations but lordy settle down.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Orpik getting suspended would be even more ridiculous than the first two periods today.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rangers D looks bad so far. Lots of mistakes, guys out of position, pucks not being cleared. That's what lost them tonights game, just really bad defense.

Offense is looking a little better but the defense has to be fixed quickly.

Hopefully Kreider is OK, might have just gotten shaken up a bit. He had his head up, just didn't seem to think Orpik was going to throw that hit or something

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Maybe well be the kings and be the team to barely get in and get hot.. jk.. we will be fine just annoying how this team can look so bad

Kershaw

What's with us being a bunch of sensitive nancies? They're not trolling lawl. I know we are 0-2 to start the season in which many of us have high expectations but lordy settle down.

Maybe it was an overreaction by me, but what would their mods do if a hoard of Rangers fans rubbed it in a bit after a loss. lol

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
i think people are settled. Its only 2 games the rangers will be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad