Post-Game Talk: 2,000th FRANCHISE WIN! #53 Canucks 1 at Flyers 2, Monday Feb 4 7:00PM ET

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
We need to stop with the blind centering passes. You have a 3-0 you score there or you get a rebound. You don’t blow it and make worse. Simmonds does it all the time. Time to remove that ASAP.
Hagg has to go. He looks worse than Amac right now. Hopefully they can just trade him. I want Myers for him ASAP!
Big game next. I’m hoping for a win from Stolie and then going to the game Saturday!

I have never been that negative on Hägg as many here were. He is a 6th/7th guy and if being used as such he is fine. Started the season well in my opinion while many others struggled. But I absolutely agree with you that he is looking bad now and maybe needs a rest. It seems as if he has to give 110% each game to compete at this level (which he does) and it is impossible to do this over a full season.
It was similar last season. There were streches when he was more than ok, but with growing usage he sort of wore out. His skills are simply not enough to step up another level.

I would say keep him over Folin and MacDonald as 6th/7th guy because he is still young and might still adjust but right now give him a break. I´m sure this will happen soon.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Why didnt he let go of the stick to stop his face smashing the ice??

This was kind of a boom bang play, he didn't exactly have time to analyze it like we did. Also, if you're a d man, you're pretty much trained to never let go of your stick, unless you're giving it to a de-sticked goalie.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
2,000 wins is a lot. There was much rejoicing.

Jake:
beast mode engaged. Entry monster tonight as he has been since the all star break. Setting up multiple chances off the rush. The goal was ok.

Patrick: again, another dynamic performance. I'll say it. Looked more dangerous than Elias "Should of drafted" Pettersson.
  • Stuck his ass out to protect a puck in the first, played the angle perfectly. Canuck had no chance. Easy out. Did this many times tonight and in games prior. Really showing off his strength.
  • Plus the post
  • There was a series of moves he put on Gudbranson in the corner: shrugged off a hit, protected the puck, stopped on a dime to get plenty of space. Impressive strength, agility, and decision making.
  • Behind the net after Simmonds' deflected pass (shocking, I know) was so creative and shifty to get to open space and dish to a wide open Provorov in a good scoring position. If someone has a gif, post it. Meanwhile, get this kid on the 4th line asap. Punish him.
JVR: Looking much more healthy and lively. Juking around a hit attempt at full speed in the first was impressive

Lindblom: another strong game
  • Pass to Provorov was a great look in the first period. Props to Provy for getting into a great scoring position too.
  • Battled hard for a good scoring chance which got muffled, but stuck with it and centered to Coots for another great chance.
  • After Hart made that diving save, he went 110% and one handed (twice) to get that puck out. Underrated.
Provorov: please get him off the 2nd PP, but please keep playing him 24+ mins. Absolute M A D L A D out there.
  • After he got hit with that shot in the 2nd he made a sweet stutter step into a spin pass, banking it right to Sanheim on the other end of the net, wide open. Easy out.
  • In the first, the two connected on a nice outlet also: Sanheim protected the puck in the trapezoid with his body, kicked the puck to Provorov, headfake, pass to an open winger.
  • Good look across 2 lines to Simmonds on the weak side for a good chance.
The Canucks goal annoyed me. Fantastic look by Sanheim to cause a THREE ON ZERO and those nitwits skated in towards Markstrom in a straight f***ing line, and didn't get a shot. Shocking, I know. Hart makes the right decision, wins the race, and gets punished for it. Ruins the shutout. Am I too salty about this? Perhaps...

Laughton had a good game. Just always hangs around the play and busts things up or picks up a lose puck. Useful bottom sixer. Coots played very well too. Gudas made a lot of good stick plays and angle plays. Looks more like the Gudas of yore. Nice. Hart is just stupid.

Giroux needs the puck on his stick more on the PP.

That's all I got. It's fun again.

oKo4TkW.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Why didnt he let go of the stick to stop his face smashing the ice??
Because shit happens in a quarter of a second.

For what it's worth, Edler also had an air cast/some cushion on his knee, which probably twisted as he was torquing around/down. Pretty rough sequence, poor fella

Ilkka Sinisalo

Amazing American
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, W.A.
Im not saying Hart is the actual best goalie to ever play the sport, but...who am I kidding, thats exactly what im saying.

Top 10 goaltender comps for Hart:
1. Jacques Plante
2. Vladislav Tretiak
3. Dominik Hasek
4. Patrick Roy
5. Terry Sawchuk
6. Ken Dryden
7. Martin Brodeur
8. Tony Esposito
9. Georges Vezina
10. Michael Leighton

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Liked Patrick's game tonight. I hope he keeps it up. Oskar too.

Some concerning mistakes by Provorov tonight. They seem mental more than physical to me; just lapses here and there.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Top 10 goaltender comps for Hart:
1. Jacques Plante
2. Vladislav Tretiak
3. Dominik Hasek
4. Patrick Roy
5. Terry Sawchuk
6. Ken Dryden
7. Martin Brodeur
8. Tony Esposito
9. Georges Vezina
10. Michael Leighton
He's a spittin image o that ol Michael Leighton out there. Right on mate

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Hart just reminds me so much of Price. Doesn’t over work himself, always calm, square to the shooter. He should have had the shutout tonight if it wasn’t for one terrible decision on his part to play the puck.

I didn’t see the defenseman who tried to stop the puck with his stick but I think he would like that play back if he had the chance. If he goes down to the ice he could have prevented that puck from going in. Instead he tried to make a play on the puck with his stick. Happens and it’s a learning moment but it was sloppy all around.

Reactions: phlflyer1

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
**Giroux xGF 5v5 during the 8 game win streak**

Van: 18%
Edm: 34%
Bos: 63%
NYR: 19%
Jets: 71% (entire team dominated. Team low was 64%)
Habs: 31%
Bos: 43%
Wild: 14%

I don't really see why being on a win streak means you can't make changes. As the stats indicate, his 5v5 play has not really contributed to the win streak.

Giroux has played great during the streak. Stop over using the analytics. He goes against the best line every shift. Where has common sense gone ?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
In a lot of ways, Hart reminds me of Parent. He’s very economical in his motion, is almost always in perfect position and remains calm under pressure. I can’t wait to see what he can do when he has a truly good and deep team playing in front of him.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
after watching the flyers game, i watched some of the arizona dallas game. boy are we lucky to have hart. both goalies looked bad by comparison.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Hart is amazing, but I do feel Gordon's system is very strong defensively too. The combination of that system and Hart is the best thing that could happen to that team.

Laveuglette

Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
That being said, if we make the playoffs, Hart should win the Hart according to the definition of most valuable player to its team.

Reactions: Jtown

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Hart is amazing, but I do feel Gordon's system is very strong defensively too. The combination of that system and Hart is the best thing that could happen to that team.

I think its more of a commitment by the team to get back on defense and block shots and help the kid in net as much as possible because he is saving their backsides a lot that they feel compelled to help him also. Gudas is playing as well as he ever has in a Flyer uniform.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Just imagine, if we still had Hextall who knows who would be in net...

Ready to see Morin and Myers - Hagg is looking more and more like MacDonald Jr.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Don’t let the current success blind you... Gordon is not an NHL caliber coach.

He communicates, he uses the youth, he seems like a nice guy, but his system (or lack thereof) is a huge problem and isn’t something that the other stuff is enough to make up for. If we want to compete, we need a real NHL-level coach.

The reason he seems as good as he does is because he’s following one of the worst coaches imaginable. But in the big picture Gordon is a problem too.

Laveuglette

Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Don’t let the current success blind you... Gordon is not an NHL caliber coach.

He communicates, he uses the youth, he seems like a nice guy, but his system (or lack thereof) is a huge problem and isn’t something that the other stuff is enough to make up for. If we want to compete, we need a real NHL-level coach.

The reason he seems as good as he does is because he’s following one of the worst coaches imaginable. But in the big picture Gordon is a problem too.

I doubt he stays after this season anyway, just giving him some well deserved credit for the current streak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad