Speculation: 1st round pick at the draft?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Maybe this is looking too far ahead, but I'm wondering what people are looking for in this year's 1st round pick (given it doesn't get moved).

I'd like to estimate that the pick would be somewhere in the 20th-30th overall range, where it has been the past few seasons.

With the Canucks' farm team supposedly moving to Abbotsford, they might be looking at a more marketable or well-known prospect/name.

Max Domi
Jordan Subban
Nic Petan (local kid, his brother is a free agent and doing well in college, could sign both?)

I like the idea of grabbing Jordan Subban, and our defense prospects are a bit questionable still (Corrado and McEneny are interesting, though). Max Domi is interesting, but does he slot into the depth chart above Schroeder or Gaunce in the next couple of years? Nic Petan would be a great talent, but he is a bit undersized and his aforementioned brother is as well.

Thoughts?

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
There is an NHL Entry Draft thread.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1395973

If Domi is available, I would love to get him.
Petan I would be okay with, depending on who's available, although we shouldn't take him just because he's local.
Subban I would have been okay with in the 2nd round, but with our 2nd gone, I doubt he falls to our 3rd, but if he does I would definitely take him. Not in the 1st round though.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I don't really care who they take at 30th.....
Haha, if they won the cup then you'd probably be so glued to draft day just because it happens so soon after the SCF, your mind would assuredly be in full-throttle hockey-mode!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad