News Article: 1st Round (only) Predictions

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Brutal last week for me work wise but I still managed to get to this. I know everyone has done an entire bracket but obviously things change, I think it's fun to go along kind of like TSN did when they went up against the monkey to see their record after each round etc.

NHL Playoffs 1st Round Predictions

I made my own list of predictions for the 1st round but would love to see everyone else's.
Playoffbracket.png

So with the conclusion of the Boston Bruins game against the Florida Panthers, the bracket has been set. There are a lot of exciting playoff series set to begin shortly and I am really looking forward to seeing some real meaningful hockey now. A lot of the teams that had a playoff spot locked up have just wanted to get to this point, only a few were life and death until the last few games of their season.

With these playoff series predictions I will mostly going by opinion and I will give some rationale to substantiate my opinion but I won't be using a lot of charts or analytics.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Winnipeg in 5,
Nashville in 5
Vegas- please keep this going - in 7
Anaheim in 7

Tampa in 6
Boston in 5 or 6
Pitt should get it done in 5 but it’ll take 6 or 7
Wash 7 winner of this goes to the finals.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Preds in 5
Jets in 4
Kings in 6
Ducks in 5

Lightning in 4
Leafs in 6
Caps in 4
Penguins in 6

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
NSH in 5
MIN in 7
VGK in 7
ANA in 6

TBL in 6
TOR in 7
WSH in 7
PIT in 5

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Was wondering when someone would do this...

Preds in 5
Jets in 6
Knights in 7
Sharks in 6

Devils in 7 over TB (huge upset)
Leafs in 6
Pens in 5
Bluejackets in 6 (another upset)

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
A little late for this but mine:
Leafs in 7
Pens in 5
Tampa in 6
Caps in 7

Jets in 6
Preds in 4
Kings in 7
Ducks in 7

Neilstrong218

Mar 29, 2018
Preds in 5
Jets in 2
Kings in 6
Ducks in 4

Lightning in 4
Leafs in 4
Caps in 3
Penguins in 5
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/smakk.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/imgur.png

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I've got us in 6 or 7, I just can't see either team this evenly matched winning in 5 games

I hope so, it's bloody pessimistic if he's not

I am thinking (and kind of hoping) that Boston is playing really injured. Chara, Nash, McAvoy all missing time down the stretch at the end.

Also, Komarov has 1 game to establish a physical presence, if the 4th line sucks and he's not physical, Johnsson in over Komarov easily. Physicality is the only thing he has on Johnsson at this point.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Y
I've got us in 6 or 7, I just can't see either team this evenly matched winning in 5 games

I hope so, it's bloody pessimistic if he's not

You're probably right but we will see.
Even tho the Leafs had a good season I always thought there was more in them, not much but just a bit more.
Just a feeling I have and how Babcock managed the season.
Anything can happen in sport.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I am thinking (and kind of hoping) that Boston is playing really injured. Chara, Nash, McAvoy all missing time down the stretch at the end.

Also, Komarov has 1 game to establish a physical presence, if the 4th line sucks and he's not physical, Johnsson in over Komarov easily. Physicality is the only thing he has on Johnsson at this point.

Boston haven't been great lately but there playing for something now against a team they have some dislike for so I'm not buying into that to much, they'll be as committed as we will

Komorov needs to repay Babcock's faith in him especially on the PK, that's got to be his wheelhouse and he'd better perform

Y

You're probably right but we will see.
Even tho the Leafs had a good season I always thought there was more in them, not much but just a bit more.
Just a feeling I have and how Babcock managed the season.
Anything can happen in sport.

We play well against the better teams so i belive we'll come out firing but Boston's a damn good team with that monster 1st line we've got to solve so I think this thing will be long and tough

I still like us though with our forward depth and goaltending making the difference imo

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Nashville in 5
Winnipeg in 6
Los Angeles in 7
Anaheim in 6

Tampa in 5
Toronto in 7
Washington in 6
Pittsburgh in 5

bax