1st Round Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I just slapped this baby together. Give me some feedback. How much you hate the pick I made for your team, how I didn't think it through too well, etc. Thanks.

1. Washington Capitals - Alexander Ovechkin
2. Pittsburgh Penguins - Evgeni Malkin
3. Chicago Blackhawks - Rostislav Olesz
4. Columbus Blue Jackets - Cam Barker
5. Phoenix Coyotes - Lauri Tukonen
6. New York Rangers - Andrew Ladd
7. Florida Panthers - Alexander Radulov
8. Carolina Hurricanes - A.J. Thelen
9. Anaheim Mighty Ducks - Robbie Schremp
10. Atlanta Thrashers - Alexandre Picard
11. Los Angeles Kings - Marek Schwarz
12. Minnesota Wild - Drew Stafford
13. Buffalo Sabres - Boris Valabik
14. Edmonton Oilers - Al Montoya
15. Nashville Predators - Wojtek Wolski
16. New York Islanders - Ladislav Smid
17. St. Louis Blues - Enver Lisin
18. Montreal Canadiens - Andrej Meszaros
19. Calgary Flames - Dave Bolland
20. Dallas Stars - Mike Green
21. Colorado Avalanche - Kyle Chipchura
22. New Jersey Devils - Roman Voloshenko
23. Ottawa Senators - Bruce Graham
24. New York Rangers - Jeff Schultz
25. Edmonton Oilers - Lauri Korpikoski
26. Vancouver Canucks - Wes O'Neill
27. Washington Capitals - Petteri Nokelainen
28. San Jose Sharks - Lukas Kaspar
29. Washington Capitals - Kirill Lyamin
30. Tampa Bay Lightning - Devan Dubnyk

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
As much as Id like to see my Oilers draft another top-flite goaltender. I dont see it happening with the current JDD signing. Oilers will draft the BPA forward.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Overall pretty descent mock draft

Chipchura is a little low though
and i dont really see Atlanta drafting Picard, i can see them going for someone like Stafford or maybe even Enver Lisin

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I don't see the Canes taking Thelen, even though it seems they will. Hockey's future says that their strength is offensive defensemen, which Thelen is, but they're weak on the wings. I could see them taking Schremp or Wolski to bolston skill on the wings. Though Thelen seems like a good possibility.

If Thelen's gone, I think I'd rather BM trade down and pick O'Neill, Smid, Green or Meszaros.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
King Henry I said:
I really don't see the Isles passing on Chippy if they have a chance at him. Other than that, nice mock!

Really? You already have Scatchard. Which looks like Chipchura's upside. :D

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
If that is the way things pan out (and I think you may be very close) then look for the Oilers to hold an auction for Montoya. We very likely won't pick a goalie that high (the Oilers like Dubnyk and could get him at #25) and I'd bet more than a couple teams behind the Oilers would be very interested in Montoya.

Good mock!

May 1, 2003
Visit site
ducksflytogether said:
I don't see the Canes taking Thelen, even though it seems they will. Hockey's future says that their strength is offensive defensemen, which Thelen is, but they're weak on the wings. I could see them taking Schremp or Wolski to bolston skill on the wings. Though Thelen seems like a good possibility.

If Thelen's gone, I think I'd rather BM trade down and pick O'Neill, Smid, Green or Meszaros.

Schremp is a Centre :)
and ya Carolina will most likely take Thelen, but they could also use a good winger like Stafford, Radulov or Ladd

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Thatsa Good Mock! :banana:

I don't think Wes O'Neill will fall that far though. If the Caps get the guys that you penciled in for them, i'll be so excited. I love the 2 late 1st round finns and Kirill Lyamin is a favorite of mine too.

My perfect Caps 1st and 2nd rounds would be Ovechkin, Korpikoski, Lyamin, Fransson, Tesliuk and Alexandrov or Wharton.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
I think the Rangers would take O'Neil before Schultz with the TOR pick.

And are Ladd and Jessiman very similar? Both kinda came outa no where and are bigger wingers. I really hope the Rangers can land a center with that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->