1st Round Mock 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
13 - Tuuko Rask. I think the if he still available when Kings pick that he gets drafted by them event hough they go for best player available yet Rask is really highly rated so i can almost guarantee that if he available Kings will draft him

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
borro said:
Pretty good...I changed draft position and tried to take in consideration what folks are chipping in:

1. Washington - C Sidney Crosby
2. Pittsburgh - C Gilbert Brule
3. New York Rangers - D Jack Johnson
4. Chicago - RW Bobby Ryan
5. Carolina - D Mark Staal
6. Columbus - C Guillaume Latendresse
7. Minnesota - C Marek Zagrapan
8. Florida - C Anze Kopitar
9. Anaheim - D Luc Bourdon
10. Phoenix - C Ryan O'Marra
11. LA - C Jack Skille
12. Atlanta - D Matt Lashoff
13. Nashville- G Tukka Rask
14. St. Louis - D Ryan Parent
15. San Jose - RW Devin Segtouchi
16. Buffalo - LW Ryan Stoa
17. Edmonton -C Alex Bourret
18. Detroit- RW Niklas Bergfors
19. Boston - LW Kendall McArdle
20. Colorado - C Chris Durand
21. Dallas - RW Andrew Cogliano
22. Vancouver - G Carey Price
23. NY Isles- RW Benoit Poulliot
24. New Jersey - C Dan Bertram
25. Toronto - D Jakub Kindl
26. Montreal - D Teemu Laakso
27. Philly - RW Michael Blunden
28. Ottawa - G Alexandre Vincent
29. Calgary - D Dustin Kohn
30. Tampa Bay- D Brendan Mikkelson
i like the first one better! crosby belongs in the burgh. was. got ao last year, spread the wealth

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The Old Master said:
i like the first one better! crosby belongs in the burgh. was. got ao last year, spread the wealth

if you're gonna spread the wealth then Crosby should go to Chicago.

Weren't the Hawks 2nd and in line for Malkin,before the Caps won the draft lottery?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
CREW99AW said:
if you're gonna spread the wealth then Crosby should go to Chicago.

Weren't the Hawks 2nd and in line for Malkin,before the Caps won the draft lottery?
if we don't get him ,my next pick is chicago. :)

Zoran Manojlovic

Apr 22, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
Visit site
AnThGrt said:
13 - Tuuko Rask. I think the if he still available when Kings pick that he gets drafted by them event hough they go for best player available yet Rask is really highly rated so i can almost guarantee that if he available Kings will draft him

I can assure you that the Kings will NOT draft Rask!

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
The Great One said:
Yep.

I like the offensive upside of Bourdon.I'm worry about Parent offensive upside though.The habs need a good offensive defenceman , Bourdon would be a great fit there.I doubt , Setoguchi will be picked before Kopitar.

Not a bad list though.

Bourdon is a little more skilled than Parent, but you cannot deny Parent's natural skill. His speed, his defensive play and his edge makes him one of my favorite defenseman in this draft. Bourdon has a bigger potential but Parent is the safer pick.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Why are the sens picking lower than last year in both your lists? Steadfast, I think finishing 1st in your division gives you a bottom 6 pick (before cup is decided) at least thats my theory I dont know for sure.

Borro, what did you use to select draft order?

Last edited:

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Bileur said:
Why are the sens picking lower than last year in both your lists? What are you using to pick draft order?

It's a complete projection on finish for me. Steadfast used last years finish without lottery considerations. Seeing as how there likely won't be a season, I'm not sure how the draft would flesh out.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
borro said:
It's a complete projection on finish for me. Steadfast used last years finish without lottery considerations. Seeing as how there likely won't be a season, I'm not sure how the draft would flesh out.

ok.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I think Steadfast had it dead on. If Kopitar or Skille is available...then you can all but put money on the fact that ONE of them will be a Nashville Predator. They DESPERATELY need a solid center prospect, as they have almost sure-fire NHLers at every other position, but NOTHING on the horizon as far as centers, outside Grigori Shafigulin. I can't see them taking Rask, as they already have a Finnish goaltender that they're pretty high on and is likely coming to NA next season in Teemu Lassila. Kopitar, Skille, O'Marra...one of these guys will be the guy.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I think Steadfast had it dead on. If Kopitar or Skille is available...then you can all but put money on the fact that ONE of them will be a Nashville Predator. They DESPERATELY need a solid center prospect, as they have almost sure-fire NHLers at every other position, but NOTHING on the horizon as far as centers, outside Grigori Shafigulin. I can't see them taking Rask, as they already have a Finnish goaltender that they're pretty high on and is likely coming to NA next season in Teemu Lassila. Kopitar, Skille, O'Marra...one of these guys will be the guy.

In my draft, both would be gone. If that was the case, where would you put Raask? Would you pick Alex Bourret for Nashville? Where would Raask land then?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
borro said:
In my draft, both would be gone. If that was the case, where would you put Raask? Would you pick Alex Bourret for Nashville? Where would Raask land then?

It depends. Enoch(another Nashville fan\poster) and I disagree greatly when it comes to drafting philosophy. I believe you draft to suit your needs...and he believes you draft BPA. I only think you draft BPA if there's a significant drop from one slot to the next...in which case...I'm in favor of trading down and picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick and still taking the guy you need. I'd rather take Bourret than Rask, yes...and I'm sure that Rask would go soon after.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The problem is this: Lemaire, Riser, and co. always look for offensive talent before defensive talent. Defense can be taught but offense can't. With such a huge group of offensive talented players in the 2005 draft, I can't see them taking a goaltender when our problem is offensive depth up front. Outside of O'Sullivan and maybe Wallin, we got question marks on the wing.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
DoobieDoobieDo said:
The problem is this: Lemaire, Riser, and co. always look for offensive talent before defensive talent. Defense can be taught but offense can't. With such a huge group of offensive talented players in the 2005 draft, I can't see them taking a goaltender when our problem is offensive depth up front. Outside of O'Sullivan and maybe Wallin, we got question marks on the wing.

You can't solve depth with one pick anyway. Pick the best player available in the 1st round then you still have 8 rounds to create depth. Aren't O'Sullivan and Wallin both centers? And what about Koivu and Bouchard, Gaborik and Dupuis for offensive depth? I wouldn't be surprised to see Minnesota pick a d-man (since Thelen has regressed a bit) or a goalie (not much after Harding, Roloson aging).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I am worried about the depth behind Harding (Kettles, Gherson...Khudobin, Kopriva) and I'm wondering if Khudobin or Kopriva is going to come over soon. They most likely will sign someone to fill in the spot behind Harding since Harding is young. As I said I could see them definitely picking up a goaltender on the first day or early second day.

Our depth is okay up front but could use another one or two offensive players. O'Sullivan and Wallin are centers but Wallin can be used on the wings and O'Sullivan might start out on the wings like Bouchard. Koivu, I am hoping his goal production transfers over to the NHL, but he looks like he'll be more an assist person. And Bouchard, Bouchard is good. Our depth is okay but could be stronger. Once O'Sullivan and Koivu graduate we got Melanson, Courchaine, Irmen, and Voloshenko in the waiting. Not great but not bad. Irmen and Voloshenko should pan out but Melanson and Courchaine I'm not expecting a lot, but if they do work out with our team or another team more power to them.

Defensemen are okay for the Wild. Michalek, Reitz, Stoner, Stokes, and Burns along with Zyuzin, Henry, and Schultz in the NHL, we are not that bad off on defense.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
borro said:
Pretty good...I changed draft position and tried to take in consideration what folks are chipping in:

1. Washington - C Sidney Crosby
2. Pittsburgh - C Gilbert Brule
3. New York Rangers - D Jack Johnson
4. Chicago - RW Bobby Ryan
5. Carolina - D Mark Staal
6. Columbus - C Guillaume Latendresse
7. Minnesota - C Marek Zagrapan
8. Florida - C Anze Kopitar
9. Anaheim - D Luc Bourdon
10. Phoenix - C Ryan O'Marra
11. LA - C Jack Skille
12. Atlanta - D Matt Lashoff
13. Nashville- G Tukka Rask
14. St. Louis - D Ryan Parent
15. San Jose - RW Devin Segtouchi
16. Buffalo - LW Ryan Stoa
17. Edmonton -C Alex Bourret
18. Detroit- RW Niklas Bergfors
19. Boston - LW Kendall McArdle
20. Colorado - C Chris Durand
21. Dallas - RW Andrew Cogliano
22. Vancouver - G Carey Price
23. NY Isles- RW Benoit Poulliot
24. New Jersey - C Dan Bertram
25. Toronto - D Jakub Kindl
26. Montreal - D Teemu Laakso
27. Philly - RW Michael Blunden
28. Ottawa - G Alexandre Vincent
29. Calgary - D Dustin Kohn
30. Tampa Bay- D Brendan Mikkelson

Unless Detroit trades up, there is no way they draft 18th.(no season of course)

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
AnThGrt said:

Not sure I agree with this. Is your point, Rask is the best player avaliable at 11 or that LA will not choose the bpa and get Rask anyway?

On a side note; is O'marra really that highly thought of that he'd go at #11 when mid term rankings have him as the #16 NA skater? Is he just the flavor of the month :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->