seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Usually Nielsen has been on the #1 powerplay too but we saw Conacher get time in the preseason on the 1st unit as well.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Okposo Nelson Tavares

Boychuk VIZ

Come get some...

Yeah. Right group of forwards. Leddy over Boychuk on unit one though. (Don't care that he and Viz are both left handed). I'm torn on Lee and Nelson too. Could go either way, but my head definitely says that an asset/skill set that Lee has MUST be utilized on the PP as early and often as possible.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Yeah. Right group of forwards. Leddy over Boychuk on unit one though. (Don't care that he and Viz are both left handed). I'm torn on Lee and Nelson too. Could go either way, but my head definitely says that an asset/skill set that Lee has MUST be utilized on the PP as early and often as possible.

Lee's size hands and Strength are a reason to play him Period...

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
I'd go...

PP1
Strome-Nelson-JT
KO-Vis

PP2
Lee-Grabo-Nielsen
Chuk-Leddy

Yes, I know PP2 doesn't have a RH forward, but that's only because Strome and KO are just too talented and too good to have meddling on a 2nd unit. They gotta be on PP1 IMO.

That said, I guarantee Cappy and Co. won't have the balls to have Strome up on PP1

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY

Except unfortunately it looks like he won't be on the opening night roster in favor of scrubs like Matt Martin and Casey Cizikas.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Not that happy about Lee going down because he has that element even Cappy talked so much last year about - getting to the net (net presence) which a lot of players on this team simply shys away from too often last year. Hope it is only about managing assets only and not wanting to lose more players to waiver claims for nothing.

I hope he will come up soon enough later though when the season is more on the line and when injuries and sickness starts to bite the team. Just hope that he will get chance to play center at Bridgeport unless Strome also get sent there later. He actually played that role pretty well in college. The center role will help his defensive awareness and help him improving his face-off winning %. Although he will play the wing position when he returns, but it will give this team flexibility down the road when there may be more trades or when players leave on their own after their contract expires. Also it may be a blessing that he plays for Thompson as I feel that he may be a better coach than Cappy in terms of motivating players.

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think you gotta do Sonny, centering for Michael and Tessio. (Tessio is quicker than he looks)...

With Clemenza and Brazi on D.

and The Don, between the pipes.

Too Bad Vinny wouldn't have been born yet...would make a mean defenseman with a great shot;)

PS. The Sicilian in me loves this post.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
No more Bailey on PP2 :yo:

When Lee is in the lineup:
PP1: Lee-JT-KO Viz-Leddy

PP2: Grabovski-Nelson-Strome Nielsen-Boychuk

By season's end, I expect Pulock to be a mainstay.

A lot of weapons. No excuse for finishing outside the top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad