Value of: 1st Overall Pick 2019

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
The Ottawa Senators would like to offer The Ottawa Senators for the 1st pick.
images

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
This is a troll thread bc nj says no to pettersson

Why would we trade 1OA for EP. In my eyes Hughes' floor is not far from EP's ceiling. It would take something like EP + 2019 1st to even get us to consider it. Or a package of Horvat + Boeser + Q. Hughes at the very least.

This is an interesting proposal, as Toronto may be running into cap issues, and trading Marner for futures would end any concerns about cap.

Marner for 1st overall 2019. What does Toronto say?
NJ says no, worse offer than EP.

I'd offer Gaudreau. I think it's overpayment on our end but that's what it would take.
Might be close to fair value, but we don't really need Gaudreau as we have Hall. I doubt most other NJD fans would be interested, but if you guys were to offer something like Monahan + Hanifin + your 1st this year I'd be quite tempted, but that's mostly because I think Monahan gets a lot of undeserved hate and I also think he'd fit our needs like a glove.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
The last #1 pick to be traded was in 2003, which was pick #1 and a 3rd rounder for Samuelsson, pick #3 and a 2nd rounder. So I suppose something similar to that right now would be #1 to Colorado for #4, Jost and a 2nd rounder? I expect people to grossly overvalue the #1 pick in here OFC, but that's what precedent suggests the cost should be.

Please tell me this is a joke. You realize not every draft is the same, right? In 2003, most pundits had Staal #1, but felt there was little separating him and Horton. Fleury was one of the most dynamic goalie prospects to come around at that time, propelling him into the conversation for top pick. Any one of those guys could have gone 1st, anyone could have gone 3rd. You’re a Pens fan, do you think that logic applies to the 2005 draft?

Some drafts your suggestion would be fair, but not this draft. There’s a top two, then a drop. Could Byram end up being the best player from this draft 10 years from now? Certainly, but as it sits now the safer bets are Hughes and Kakko.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
This is an interesting proposal, as Toronto may be running into cap issues, and trading Marner for futures would end any concerns about cap.

Marner for 1st overall 2019. What does Toronto say?

Not sure why Devils would want to do it. They are not a contender yet, but could be in a year or two. If they believe Hughes (or Kakko) can step in and become comparable to Marner within a year or two, why pay the extra millions for Marner?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Please tell me this is a joke. You realize not every draft is the same, right? In 2003, most pundits had Staal #1, but felt there was little separating him and Horton. Fleury was one of the most dynamic goalie prospects to come around at that time, propelling him into the conversation for top pick. Any one of those guys could have gone 1st, anyone could have gone 3rd. You’re a Pens fan, do you think that logic applies to the 2005 draft?

Some drafts your suggestion would be fair, but not this draft. There’s a top two, then a drop. Could Byram end up being the best player from this draft 10 years from now? Certainly, but as it sits now the safer bets are Hughes and Kakko.

That's hilarious that you think Hughes is even remotely comparable to 18 year old Crosby.

Maybe you can compare it to 2004, but even then it's iffy. Hughes and Kakko is comparable to Patrick and Hischier.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
That's hilarious that you think Hughes is even remotely comparable to 18 year old Crosby.

Maybe you can compare it to 2004, but even then it's iffy. Hughes and Kakko is comparable to Patrick and Hischier.

I disagree. The former two are more highly regarded IMO.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017

No it’s more comparable to Mathews and Laine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad