1st Leak info-shock players-suprise players with an offer that might be negotiable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Will it turn out that leaking the information was only to serve as a shock to players and make them pesimistic and doubtful about today's counter proposal so that when the NHL come up with a better than anticipated offer - they will bite? Just a thought.

24% rollback, with NHL increasing the bottom line team payroll to 35 million from 31 million with a soft cap instead of a hard cap. Payroll tax to be offered at 50% on payroll over 35 million and 100% on anything over 40 million with a doubling effect for repeat offenders. A cap but with all the doom and gloom predictions for today it might make the offer sound better to the players than they had hoped for. :dunno: :dunno:

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
eye said:
Will it turn out that leaking the information was only to serve as a shock to players and make them pesimistic and doubtful about today's counter proposal so that when the NHL come up with a better than anticipated offer - they will bite? Just a thought.

I'd like to think that, but I'm not sure any of the parties involved are that smart. :D

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I think nobody involved in the negotiations gives a s*%t about hockey anymore. This has turned into a pissing contest between the two sides. I hope Bettman and Goodnew both know they will be out of work if they wipe out the season.. I for one wont miss either one of them. Thanks for killing the game we love.. :mad:

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
TK79 said:
I think nobody involved in the negotiations gives a s*%t about hockey anymore. This has turned into a pissing contest between the two sides. I hope Bettman and Goodnew both know they will be out of work if they wipe out the season.. I for one wont miss either one of them. Thanks for killing the game we love.. :mad:

You know the lame dog you had that was wayyyyyyyy beyond its years that couldn't climb up on the couch anymore, that you had to carry downstairs because it was so old and crippled that it couldn't walk up or down them.......that you spent thousands of dollars in vet bills on just to keep it alive because it had always been around?

That's the NHL today.

I think you know where I am going with this without having to draw anyone a picture.

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
TK79 said:

Well said!

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
TexSen said:
You know the lame dog you had that was wayyyyyyyy beyond its years that couldn't climb up on the couch anymore, that you had to carry downstairs because it was so old and crippled that it couldn't walk up or down them.......that you spent thousands of dollars in vet bills on just to keep it alive because it had always been around?

That's the NHL today.

I think you know where I am going with this without having to draw anyone a picture.

nice avatar
:D :yo:

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Think of the way the NHL was when Bettman first came into office...

Now think of the way the NHL has changed since Bettman came into office...

:dunno: :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad