2nd & 3rd home stands, 5 games. What will our results be?

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Split first 2 then 3 losses in a row. They are not beating Caps or Flyers and VGK is tough for Hawks. Pirri with GWG for grins.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
1-6.. I pray that Stan Bowman is shit canned for this dog shit roster he put forth AGAIN! I am beyond pissed off watching this trash defense for 3rd yr in a row..the fact he thought he could bring back Keith, Seabrook, Gustafsson while rotating in couple new pieces is an Indictment on Bowman. Those 3 listed ARE the biggest problems on the roster and have been 3 yrs running. Age, contract, speed, lack of desire those 3 hit on almost those buckets..Gustafsson honestly pisses me off the most as he is FA and we have no cap to re-sign him after Debrincat raise, Strome contract, and need for a Goalie next yr..Zero reason that pile of shit is still on the roster and not traded for picks or prospects. Keith needs to go as well and should have been moved last yr at TDL for any value. He is a turnover machine now late in his career..thanks for the memories but it's time to move on..and Seabrook...f***ing Seabrook dude is shit and his contract is immovable just eat it and play Gilbert over him....end rant..

Docker

Jun 22, 2019
1-6.. I pray that Stan Bowman is **** canned for this dog **** roster he put forth AGAIN! I am beyond pissed off watching this trash defense for 3rd yr in a row..the fact he thought he could bring back Keith, Seabrook, Gustafsson while rotating in couple new pieces is an Indictment on Bowman. Those 3 listed ARE the biggest problems on the roster and have been 3 yrs running. Age, contract, speed, lack of desire those 3 hit on almost those buckets..Gustafsson honestly pisses me off the most as he is FA and we have no cap to re-sign him after Debrincat raise, Strome contract, and need for a Goalie next yr..Zero reason that pile of **** is still on the roster and not traded for picks or prospects. Keith needs to go as well and should have been moved last yr at TDL for any value. He is a turnover machine now late in his career..thanks for the memories but it's time to move on..and Seabrook...****ing Seabrook dude is **** and his contract is immovable just eat it and play Gilbert over him....end rant..

Gus is one of the 3 biggest problems on the roster, and you’re pissed because they don’t have the cap space to re-sign him??

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
No I am pissed because Bowman knows we dont have the cap space so why the hell is he even on the roster and not traded period! He is flat awful defensively

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1. No...#1 problem is Tats Toews has been back in Vou try Club mode MIA first 2 games...If he is not hustling...not caring...stumbling and getting pushed off pucks...weak checking...don't care..if this is your 1C captain and leader showing the rest of his team-mates how it is done as a Professiobal NHLer...thenalk the other flaws ...even Seabrook,pale in co.parison..

Can you believe his linecwad the team worst with 30 scoring chances agai st in the first 2 games?

He has been atrociously absent.

Blame the Tats? More concerned mowxBour Real Estate Flips?Felt he did enough last season in his "rebound year" and now can justvtakevanothrrcseason "off".

Back to 1 shot Johnny?

2.OK Seabs we zlk agree should be retired ...not playing cause he cannot move fast enough to be even acceptable defending anymore. This is more a sad thi h than anything g we xanblame hom for.. ut he has to be stapled to the bench.

3.Keith can somehow still put up a +2 but play sloppy (4 tyrnoversclast game) and so pretty uneven player now..also not goidvon pk..aging and the glory years of his all-star years long gone. Best we can now expect is some sort of a erage okay..hopefully not tipping over the cliff too like Seabs has.

4.Gus probably will not duicate his 60 points of lastxseason...so without that great offe sive mitigation,his defending problems still manifest as a huge problem.

5.Murphy and Nastta = average ..

6.DeHan ...hopefully he plays better than a erage and helps improve the D..but given all the issues with the others...that is one tall task.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Toews has been invisible so far in the first two games and that is an issue. I know he will be better but that is no where near the issue that Keith and Seabrook are. Those two are far an away the biggest issue AINEC.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Toews has been invisible so far in the first two games and that is an issue. I know he will be better but that is no where near the issue that Keith and Seabrook are. Those two are far an away the biggest issue AINEC.

Funny enough, Toews looked to have good jump in preseason. Hopefully the first 2 games were the exception and not the norm.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
1. No...#1 problem is Tats Toews has been back in Vou try Club mode MIA first 2 games...If he is not hustling...not caring...stumbling and getting pushed off pucks...weak checking...don't care..if this is your 1C captain and leader showing the rest of his team-mates how it is done as a Professiobal NHLer...thenalk the other flaws ...even Seabrook,pale in co.parison..

Can you believe his linecwad the team worst with 30 scoring chances agai st in the first 2 games?

He has been atrociously absent.

Blame the Tats? More concerned mowxBour Real Estate Flips?Felt he did enough last season in his "rebound year" and now can justvtakevanothrrcseason "off".

Back to 1 shot Johnny?

2.OK Seabs we zlk agree should be retired ...not playing cause he cannot move fast enough to be even acceptable defending anymore. This is more a sad thi h than anything g we xanblame hom for.. ut he has to be stapled to the bench.

3.Keith can somehow still put up a +2 but play sloppy (4 tyrnoversclast game) and so pretty uneven player now..also not goidvon pk..aging and the glory years of his all-star years long gone. Best we can now expect is some sort of a erage okay..hopefully not tipping over the cliff too like Seabs has.

4.Gus probably will not duicate his 60 points of lastxseason...so without that great offe sive mitigation,his defending problems still manifest as a huge problem.

5.Murphy and Nastta = average ..

6.DeHan ...hopefully he plays better than a erage and helps improve the D..but given all the issues with the others...that is one tall task.

Agreed. Why even play D I say....

Focus on run and gun hockey style every game. Winning games 10-8.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
1-6.. I pray that Stan Bowman is **** canned for this dog **** roster he put forth AGAIN! I am beyond pissed off watching this trash defense for 3rd yr in a row..the fact he thought he could bring back Keith, Seabrook, Gustafsson while rotating in couple new pieces is an Indictment on Bowman. Those 3 listed ARE the biggest problems on the roster and have been 3 yrs running. Age, contract, speed, lack of desire those 3 hit on almost those buckets..Gustafsson honestly pisses me off the most as he is FA and we have no cap to re-sign him after Debrincat raise, Strome contract, and need for a Goalie next yr..Zero reason that pile of **** is still on the roster and not traded for picks or prospects. Keith needs to go as well and should have been moved last yr at TDL for any value. He is a turnover machine now late in his career..thanks for the memories but it's time to move on..and Seabrook...****ing Seabrook dude is **** and his contract is immovable just eat it and play Gilbert over him....end rant..

Gus is still here because a 60 pt Dman absolutely helps you win.

If they're out of the playoff picture come TDL, they'll likely move him for assets.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Lol. Go away.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Oct 10 - vs San Jose Sharks W
Oct 12 - vs Winnipeg Jets W
Oct 14 - vs Edmonton Oilers W
Oct 18 - vs Columbus Blue Jackets W
Oct 20 - vs Washington Capitals L
Oct 22 - vs Vegas Knights L
Oct 24 - vs Philadelphia Flyers W

5-2

LOL Too many Red dogs will do that to you

Ever

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
In my defense, both of those games should have been wins. You do know I'm not the only one who picked wins against SJ and WPG, right?

I know you weren’t, the overoptimism and the overrating of this team is mind boggling which is what I have been saying all along...

Reactions: Illinihockey

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
From what I've seen so far I'd be happy if they are .500 over that stretch with the hope that they will get better as the chemistry grows.

btw. A rundown of this homestand:
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...TMwtdlcUEOlW-szMn1zAx5HXgmnAAdLNtxU5t0AmFcvQ4

Well, Hawks couldn't hit .500 hockey in this homestand. As usual, when they took a step forward it was followed by a step back. Hawks sleep-walked through last night's game, woke up for a short stretch in the 3rd but it was too little, too late... then fizzled. Philly outworked them all night, again, as usual and Lehner couldn't bail them out this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad