1OA Favorite for 2021 Draft

Who is the favorite to be selected 1OA in 2021?

• Total voters

Marv Merchants

Sep 2, 2019
OP is a Hreschuk and Stankoven hater and trying to push his own agenda. Hreschuk is top 3 with Raty and Clarke. Roy, Stankoven, and Hughes are the next tier that could challenge.

Almquist, Guenther, and Othmann are the next tier. Strong group for 2021 regardless.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
OP is a Hreschuk and Stankoven hater and trying to push his own agenda. Hreschuk is top 3 with Raty and Clarke. Roy, Stankoven, and Hughes are the next tier that could challenge.

Almquist, Guenther, and Othmann are the next tier. Strong group for 2021 regardless.

You got me there. I hate these players because you say so.

Your act is old. You say the same thing to anyone who says anything you disagree with.

This website isn’t a game to try to be as rude as possible. Try to be less abrasive and stop assuming that everyone is some secret hater of all your favorite players.

I haven’t even seen the players play that you claim I hate. Why would I hate them? I put up a poll, added many options and also put other. What is wrong with you? You should seek help. I’m serious about that.

Reactions: Ryuk

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It's Roy for sure, not even close

It's a fair opinion to pick Roy, but the not even close part has zero bearing in reality right now.

He might not even be the best prospect in the Q, Zachary L'Heureux is going to push him.

Marv Merchants

Sep 2, 2019
You got me there. I hate these players because you say so.

Your act is old. You say the same thing to anyone who says anything you disagree with.

This website isn’t a game to try to be as rude as possible. Try to be less abrasive and stop assuming that everyone is some secret hater of all your favorite players.

I haven’t even seen the players play that you claim I hate. Why would I hate them? I put up a poll, added many options and also put other. What is wrong with you? You should seek help. I’m serious about that.
Says the guy who thinks he's Pavel Buchnevich.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Seriously?

Sure he (the OP) probably should have had a couple of more options but no one really would stand out above the leader right now anyways.

Looks very similar to Sidney Crosby. But much shorter.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I guess he might get drafted, like in perhaps the 7th round or something but he isn't even on the radar as a first rounder never mind in the conversation for first overall.

It's sad because his talent level is higher than Aatu Raty, but Raty is a foot taller.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It's sad because his talent level is higher than Aatu Raty, but Raty is a foot taller.

The reality is that he is 5'2" and 112lbs that doesn't translate to the NHL at all.

So no a highlight package at the USHL combine doesn't even compare to what Raty has done so far.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The reality is that he is 5'2" and 112lbs that doesn't translate to the NHL at all.

So no a highlight package at the USHL combine doesn't even compare to what Raty has done so far.
Well, Muggsy Bogues was considered for NBA HHOF. Average NBA player is 6'7. He was 5'3. Average NHL player is 6'1.

Reactions: AB13

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Well, Muggsy Bogues was considered for NBA HHOF. Average NBA player is 6'7. He was 5'3. Average NHL player is 6'1.

Great that and 5 bucks will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

It's like a 5'6" QB in todays NFL, just isn't happening.

Look I hope he proves me wrong and somehow makes it to the NHL but there is zero chance that he goes first overall in 21 or is even a first round draft pick.

Reactions: Dominance

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
It's a fair opinion to pick Roy, but the not even close part has zero bearing in reality right now.

He might not even be the best prospect in the Q, Zachary L'Heureux is going to push him.

And Roy isn't having an impact so far in the Q. We'll see later on but L'Heureux has been doing better.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Clarke for me, a hair ahead of Räty.

Popular options not in the OP’s list will be Hreschuk, Stankoven, and Guenther. Bunch of other good players I’m keeping tabs on; off the top of my head:

Wallstedt
Reynolds
Lucius
Othmann
L’Heureux
Malatesta
Whynot
Tschigeril
Sillinger
Wilmer
Pastujov
Dean
Bolduc
Duke

For me, this is the most obvious answer for 1st overall pick.

Ask me why :cool:

Reactions: Dominance

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
And Roy isn't having an impact so far in the Q. We'll see later on but L'Heureux has been doing better.

This is why its so hard to predict any draft 2 years out.

As we see for the 20 draft and the current year some prospects are really breaking out, Byfield comes to mind here.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Homer pick of course considering I have not seen any of the other guys, but Räty has looked pretty great. If he was draft eligible this year, I think he could go higher than Lundell.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Bogues was never seriously considered for the HOF by anyone.

And no a 5'2 player is not getting drafted at all. He will never play in the NHL. He's also very slow and his shot is below average. Really the only notable thing about him is his puck control, which is undoubtedly very good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad