#1C in 1-2 years

#1C in 1-2 years

• Total voters

pled

Sep 7, 2009
someone else ? most likely Sillinger I guess.

Last edited:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I think next year will look like this year. Sillinger might even go through a sophomore slump. I wouldn’t rush Johnson. Let him develop slowly. He needs his body to fill out a little. In two years maybe it still looks like this year but a more confident Sillinger and hopefully a Roslovic who is a little more patient.

My guess for our top line in 2 years is Laine Sillinger Voracek. Not fast, but they’ll pass and snipe.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Determined by what criteria?

I’m not debating you or challenging your answer, I’m just trying to get at how to answer my question and, therefore, how to answer the thread’s question.

Production, Time on ice, etc.

I think he's the #1C right now, but as other have said I think Sillinger will eventually grab it.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Without massive growth none will be a true #1. Im guessing in 2 shorts years maybe Sillinger but its no slam dunk.
Jenner is the only center playing over 15 minutes a game in all situations so now its clearly him. I know the team keeps putting Sillinger with offensive players and hes doing fine for an 18 year old but obviously still has a long way to go.
Im not sure if the team gives up on Tex their either. When he keeps it simple hes really solid but seems to do too much when he plays on offensive lines

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Determined by what criteria?

I’m not debating you or challenging your answer, I’m just trying to get at how to answer my question and, therefore, how to answer the thread’s question.
Kindof a process of elimination. It isn't Roslovic, it isn't Kuraly... Sillinger does not get 1C icetime even if it's a game he plays in the "top 6". Jenner plays 5 on 5 almost exclusively with 93 and 29 or on a Bjorkstrand line which are the only candidates for our first line.

In other words all other centers are liable to play 12 minutes or less any given night.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I will just say this: if the team is counting on Sillinger, and not going to acquire another equally or more potential #1 center via trades, UFAs or drafts within the next 1,5 years, then they better hire the best skating coach in the business to work with him personally for the entire offseason.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If you made me pick between the group listed, I would probably say (in order of likelihood) 1. Sillinger 2. Texier 3. Jenner 4. Johnson 5. Roslovic

But I do agree with the others on the "None of the above" comment. Almost all of these guys might be best suited for the wing, especially in the case of Jenner, Texier, and Johnson. Roslovic might not even be here.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I think Malkin won't like the offers he gets (assuming Pittsburgh doesn't resign him) and he'll go back to Russia. Giroux hasn't won a Cup and probably go to a contender on the cheap. Still, fun to think of them signing here lol

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Roslo/Tex? no.
Jenner? God, I hope not. 3 seasons in row with Jenner as 1C. That'd be grim.

Imo Johnson is the most likely option, then Sillinger

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Picked Sillinger mostly because, as I've said before, I think KJ is Jake's heir apparent on the wing. Realistically, tho, I don't know if we've yet seen who's going to be the #1C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad