Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
it's hard to say where he would have gone in his draft since it was wide open after 2 and say 12. It wouldn't surprise me if he did go in the 1st but 2nd is more likely. He had one of the best seasons an 18 year old goalie has ever had in the NCAA so it all comes down to how much a team believed in him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
it's hard to say where he would have gone in his draft since it was wide open after 2 and say 12. It wouldn't surprise me if he did go in the 1st but 2nd is more likely. He had one of the best seasons an 18 year old goalie has ever had in the NCAA so it all comes down to how much a team believed in him.

Hrenak was great in NCAA and at WJCs didn't get drafted until the fifth.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hrenak was great in NCAA and at WJCs didn't get drafted until the fifth.

yes but a very different situation. While it looks like a very smart pick by the Kings as Hrenak put up impressive numbers as a Freshman not that far off from Primeau's, he was 19, went undrafted out of the USHL, and was the backup for almost half the season so he wasn't even in the top 50 in minutes played which then makes you wonder a bit how he would have done had he played a lot more. I liked him and had hoped he wouldn't get drafted so we could sign him in a couple years.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
yes but a very different situation. While it looks like a very smart pick by the Kings as Hrenak put up impressive numbers as a Freshman not that far off from Primeau's, he was 19, went undrafted out of the USHL, and was the backup for almost half the season so he wasn't even in the top 50 in minutes played which then makes you wonder a bit how he would have done had he played a lot more. I liked him and had hoped he wouldn't get drafted so we could sign him in a couple years.

He was very impressive for me at the WJC, Kings did that with Bartosak who ended up being a good pro goalie.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Primeau is at development camp right? If anybody gets a chance to watch, send us your scouting report on how he stands out or how he doesn't

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau with the SO, his 5th of his career. He didn't face much action at all early on, they had like 3 shots in the 1st but he faced some much better ones as the game went on and even had a few big ones late in the game.

Reactions: tooji

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's good to know that there is at least one very good goalie in the pipeline. I don't think Lindgren nor McNiven will reach NHL level ever.

The same was said about Lindgren and McNiven that you're saying now about Primeau. I'm not going to get excited about him until I see what he can do at the AHL/NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->