Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I mean yes but it's all weighted.

It's like saying every shot must be taken seriously. One time a dump in scored so every dump in is now a potential goal. We need as many dump ins as possible if we want to win.
A pick is still a bit more tangible than a dump in don't you think ? I mean, you're sure to at least leave with something at the draft. A closer metaphor for a 7th rounder would be a shot from the blueline with a lot of traffic in front. Chances are It'll hit someone and never come close to the net but once in a while It'll find it's way into the net. It's always better to have a shot, even a bad one, than none at all. Plus, if you actually make an effort and try and aim your low percentage shot there's a better chance It'll score you a goal. It's my opinion at least.

Reactions: sharks9

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He's the living proof that you have to treat every pick seriously. Even a 7th rounder can turn into something. Ditto for Jake Evans.

And that wasn't even our own 7th rounder. We traded for the flyers 7th rounder just so we could pick Primeau.
Great job by Timmins

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I mean yes but it's all weighted.

It's like saying every shot must be taken seriously. One time a dump in scored so every dump in is now a potential goal. We need as many dump ins as possible if we want to win.

Exactly. 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders are great and all. But if anyone is hoping getting a 4th instead of a 5th in the Montoya deal is going to turn this team around they're mistaken.

I have no problem with late draft picks, I'm just much more interested in what the big moves will be. The franchise changing moves like Hall for Larsson, Subban for Weber.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Exactly. 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders are great and all. But if anyone is hoping getting a 4th instead of a 5th in the Montoya deal is going to turn this team around they're mistaken.

I have no problem with late draft picks, I'm just much more interested in what the big moves will be. The franchise changing moves like Hall for Larsson, Subban for Weber.

And gorges for rivet.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
As I said here a couple of months ago. If the draft would have been six months later, Primeau would be at least a second round pick and I guess Dallas would take him over Oettinger at #26. Imagine, Primeau is 8 months younger than Oettinger.

Reactions: WinterLion

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
As I said here a couple of months ago. If the draft would have been six months later, Primeau would be at least a second round pick and I guess Dallas would take him over Oettinger at #26. Imagine, Primeau is 8 months younger than Oettinger.

Well we probably can say that for most goalies. Tons of goalies that weren't picked in the 1st round or late in the draft would have been picked earlier if the draft would have been held later. But yes...what Primeau has done this year is nothing short of remarkable.

Reactions: dralaf

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Hope he keeps developing, is important to have goaltending depth and I think one thing I can say about Bergevin is he has stabilized the goaltending after the Price/Condon/Scrivens debacle

Bergevin has been good at finding depth players (back up goalies, 4th liners, and bottom pairing dmen to some extent).

When we fire him, which should be today, as he's still under contract for the next several years, we should keep him as vice president of the bargain bin department. He and his team can rummage around all day long. Any time there's a dumpster fire sale, he's our man to send to look for deals. When it's time to negotiate with the big boys or there are deals on the table involving big fish, he's not allowed on the premises until the deal is complete.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Bergevin has been good at finding depth players (back up goalies, 4th liners, and bottom pairing dmen to some extent).

When we fire him, which should be today, as he's still under contract for the next several years, we should keep him as vice president of the bargain bin department. He and his team can rummage around all day long. Any time there's a dumpster fire sale, he's our man to send to look for deals. When it's time to negotiate with the big boys or there are deals on the table involving big fish, he's not allowed on the premises until the deal is complete.
He reminds me of my dad.

Hey look what I picked up at the thrift shop today!

Reactions: NoQuinn and Habs100

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Sky's the limit for this kid.

What I like about the article is that it shows where people go wrong and sometimes the armchair scouts are better than professional scouts. Sometimes, you just get too much information and a quote like that from his goalie coach, in a tight list, may have dropped him down a lot.

At the same time, those same hype quotes from people around people like Brady Tkachuk are going to get him drafted higher than his talent level should.

Let the skill do the talking and unless there's a lot of red flags from a lot of different people, then draft the most skilled guy,

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It was an interesting article. Next year will be very interesting for him, Northeastern won't have the best line in the NCAA so the offense is likely to take a big hit. Plus he should be the early favorite to be Team USA's goalie at the WJC's in Dec so that should be a great experience for him.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Its great and all. Absolute steal. Yay.

CAREY PRICE.

So Primeau develops great and we trade him for a 2nd I guess.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Its great and all. Absolute steal. Yay.

CAREY PRICE.

So Primeau develops great and we trade him for a 2nd I guess.

Well if he spends 2 more years in the NCAA, then 3 years in the AHL, he would be 23 and then hopefully read to be a full time NHLer. Backup Price for a year or two and then maybe they can move Price if they eat money since the last 3 years of Price is at 8.5, 7.5, 7.5 so a team that is looking for lower salary but higher cap hit and if the Habs eat say 3M or whatever depending on how he's playing.

Then again who knows maybe Price rebounds next year, there's no way he should be this bad, to go from 2.23 to a 3.05 in one year is nuts.

Well he'll really only become a steal if he has an impact for us in the NHL or brings us a nice return in a trade.

yea bad title but still an interesting article at least with the Timmins quotes.

Reactions: Habs100

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
None of McNivens or Lindgren were drafted, we did draft Primeau 7th overall last year, Hawkey in the sixth round in 2014 and Fucale 26th overall in 2013.. Ironically, our highest drafted goaltender is at the bottom of our goaltending depth chart..

I would rank them as follow:

Primeau
Lindgren
Hawkey
McNivens
Fucale
Golden hands with the lead fingers :laugh:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Well if he spends 2 more years in the NCAA, then 3 years in the AHL, he would be 23 and then hopefully read to be a full time NHLer. Backup Price for a year or two and then maybe they can move Price if they eat money since the last 3 years of Price is at 8.5, 7.5, 7.5 so a team that is looking for lower salary but higher cap hit and if the Habs eat say 3M or whatever depending on how he's playing.

Then again who knows maybe Price rebounds next year, there's no way he should be this bad, to go from 2.23 to a 3.05 in one year is nuts.

yea bad title but still an interesting article at least with the Timmins quotes.

Yes it was a good article. Thanks for posting.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
A whole lot of hypocrisy here......keep hearing how..."hey, who cares...it's just a 4th round we traded....or just a 5th round we traded.....Well in a world where you only have 7 rounds to pick. In a city where UFA are close to impossible to get. Or when trades are hard to make based on a freakin GM we have, EVERY freakin pick is important. And on every pick you can find a gem. Will it happen everytime? Of course not. But people who keep bringing Gallagher as a proof that Timmins drafted well or with the Primeau pick, should just remember it everytime they say how it was not that big of a deal to trade a pick for stupid players like Dwight King and Co....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->