GDT: 1999 ECQF Game 2: Hurricanes vs Bruins

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And there you go. Steve Levy and Darren Pang basically just saying that moving the team from Hartford was a mistake. During a home playoff game for the Canes.

I've long believed that ESPN fanned the flame of the backlash against the Hurricanes and that was a great example of it.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
And there you go. Steve Levy and Darren Pang basically just saying that moving the team from Hartford was a mistake. During a home playoff game for the Canes.

I've long believed that ESPN fanned the flame of the backlash against the Hurricanes and that was a great example of it.
Oh there's no doubt that they did. The Whalers games were something the ESPN studio guys could do after work, they were f***ing pissed when Karmanos moved the team.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Never forget Dan Patrick the day after the Cup win. Lets just say he wasn't having a good day :laugh:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Never forget Dan Patrick the day after the Cup win. Lets just say he wasn't having a good day :laugh:

They literally just referred to them as the Whalers during Sportscenter immediately after we won the Cup and played Brass Bonanza while showing the highlights. If I wasn't in post Cup elation, that really would have pissed me off.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Why can't we ever get small skill guys like that #14 on Boston

I saw Samsanov play for Russia in some rando exhibition at the Covic Cebter when he was 16. Must’ve been a WJC prep game or something and I had never seen a hockey player dominate a game like that . He had the puck the entire time he was on the ice every time he was on the ice.

To say I was unhappy the Bruins drafter him with the Whalers own f***ing pick would be underplaying it a tad.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad