1999-born players

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
there’s some twitter talk going on (including former Rangers D man Elijah Roberts) of allowing this years overagers return for one more season since they don’t want this to be their way of ending junior hockey.

I’m skeptical, but I kind of like it. not everyone’s going to be coming back. I can’t see certain guys coming back to bully 16 year olds all season and you definitely can’t have 3 99s and 3 2000 OAs.

my proposal would be you can have 1 99 and 3 2000s or 2 99s and 2 2000s. gives teams flexibility based on their returning player situation.

would like to hear others thoughts on this.

Reactions: three dog night

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
there’s some twitter talk going on (including former Rangers D man Elijah Roberts) of allowing this years overagers return for one more season since they don’t want this to be their way of ending junior hockey.

I’m skeptical, but I kind of like it. not everyone’s going to be coming back. I can’t see certain guys coming back to bully 16 year olds all season and you definitely can’t have 3 99s and 3 2000 OAs.

my proposal would be you can have 1 99 and 3 2000s or 2 99s and 2 2000s. gives teams flexibility based on their returning player situation.

I don’t like it much at all. Yes it’s a crappy way to end the season but there was only a handful a regular season games left. It really just comes down to the players missing the playoffs and though that is unfortunate, this is not a normal situation and everyone is losing something. Many people losing jobs, seniors in high school losing those some of those experiences, athletes losing games, businesses losing money, etc. It certainly sucks but it’s a once in a century (if that) situation.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

I don’t like the idea of 22 year olds playing against 16 year olds. It’s really shitty for the ‘99s, but they can go play pro hockey or go play university hockey next year.

Imagine a 22 year old Kelton Hatcher or Daniel Walker going against a 5'8, 150 pound kid who just started grade 9...

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I don’t like the idea of 22 year olds playing against 16 year olds. It’s really shitty for the ‘99s, but they can go play pro hockey or go play university hockey next year.

Imagine a 22 year old Kelton Hatcher or Daniel Walker going against a 5'8, 150 point kid who just started grade 9...

And, including 99 born players next year would reduce the number of 2004 born players on rosters and those that do make their teams would probably have reduced ice time.

That may hamper the signing of some of these players and could result in losing a few of them to NCAA maybe?

Should this season be done, we’ll just have to celebrate this season’s graduating players by having them come back to drop a puck at a future game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad